Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No more signature campaigns for Junior Members - Asking for a grace period  (Read 480 times)
inillo (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:51:47 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 08:59:30 PM by inillo
Merited by Vod (2), surfinonmyownwavebaby (1), itsmeram (1)

As you may be aware, the forum now has a "merit" system. You may find all the details here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

In short, you will need people to "upvote" your posts to advance in rank, as opposed to making a certain amount of posts over time. The rules are explained in more detail in the thread, but "merit" is a scarce resource now, although we don´t know how scarce.

But I am placing this post in AltCoin discussion because it affects how signature campaigns are affected and many members don´t read the "Meta" section.

JUNIORS CAN´T HAVE A SIGNATURE NOW Can´t have links apparently.

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

If you consider that there should be some grace period or that an alternative solution could be implemented, you may post here or on the original Meta thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:04:27 AM

Well the discretion is up to each individual campaign and how they want to proceed this is not our decision. Personally I think they should honor the Jr's as long as the signature code is kept but again it is up to their own discretion. It is too early to tell how the system will work but we do know the merit supply and I think it is roughly 600k based on what I gathered from the merit thread. Again, tough to say what will happen but I think these changes were made with the best of intentions, time will truly tell though.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:07:48 AM

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.
inillo (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:10:46 AM

Well the discretion is up to each individual campaign and how they want to proceed this is not our decision. Personally I think they should honor the Jr's as long as the signature code is kept but again it is up to their own discretion. It is too early to tell how the system will work but we do know the merit supply and I think it is roughly 600k based on what I gathered from the merit thread. Again, tough to say what will happen but I think these changes were made with the best of intentions, time will truly tell though.

Oh, then you have read more carefully than I. The thread is getting very long, because it is a controversial issue I guess.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:17:09 AM

The merit system is interesting for sure.  It can help limit some of the spam postings that is going on just to rank up.  However, if no members are actually giving other members merit it can become a toxic system that limits the amount of leveling up across the forum and become counterproductive.  While I do like the idea of the merit system its success is going to be based on the middle of the pack Members-Senior Members to succeed.

I think you are right about this.  They had to do something because of all the airdrop and signature/bounty threads.  I saw a new coin announcement a while back (I'll have to dig for it), and 2 or 3 of the posters were newbies, and they said the exact same thing, something like 'great project!  I'm joining!.  Not even taking the time to mix it up.  I can just imagine the load that puts in the admins.  If they can get it to work, I'm all for it.
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:24:48 AM

If you read up the entire announcement on the merit system then you will able to know that keeping smerits would be pointless. It always being suggested to be distribute.  Try to read up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit  which have been mentioned where There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.. Merit system is changing the way to level up rank it would really be more tougher because people do need to make good quality post to earn merits. If not then you will stay on your recent rank for long..

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:26:40 AM

Yes, there is a merit system, certainly a lot of impact on the jr member, jr signature now can not include a link, and this is a big difference.
And I think merit must be very scarce. In any case, signature compaign will tend to be member and above member.
shindymlk

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:36:27 AM

As you may be aware, the forum now has a "merit" system. You may find all the details here:

In short, you will need people to "upvote" your posts to advance in rank, as opposed to making a certain amount of posts over time. The rules are explained in more detail in the thread, but "merit" is a scarce resource now, although we don´t know how scarce.

But I am placing this post in AltCoin discussion because it affects how signature campaigns are affected and many members don´t read the "Meta" section.

JUNIORS CAN´T HAVE A SIGNATURE NOW

This means that if you were in the middle of a campaign that required wearing the signature... you are done. Most likely you´ll get nothing.

If you consider that there should be some grace period or that an alternative solution could be implemented, you may post here or on the original Meta thread.

i agree with your statement. since merit available at bitcoin profile, Jr.Member cant have signature campaign, just some profile have a merit can join signature and i think "elite campaign" started, cause
some profile have many merit still join signature campaign, not to Jr. Member and lower
flip4flop

Merit: 135

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:43:24 AM

If you read up the entire announcement on the merit system then you will able to know that keeping smerits would be pointless. It always being suggested to be distribute.  Try to read up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit  which have been mentioned where There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.. Merit system is changing the way to level up rank it would really be more tougher because people do need to make good quality post to earn merits. If not then you will stay on your recent rank for long..

I am saying maybe they just dont care to give merit. I did read it. but people still need to take the time to use it. People are Legendary or Hero could not give any merit and nothing would ever change for them.  So its really on the mid-level members to help others move up.  Even if the merit decays if you do not use it that alone isnt going to motivate people to use it.  Its sort of like surveys or reviews you can send out 1000 emails to click a star 1-5 for a review and you are really only going to get a percentage of responses.  Some will delete the email others will just forget to use it.  I still like the idea of the new system and it can be successful but it does rely on participation.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:41:13 AM

That's the problem. The system is implemented just in the middle of this week. So if there is a Junior Member that has joined a signature campaign like me, there is a chance that he will be expelled from that campaign depending on the bounty manager's discretion.

A Junior member can still wear a signature but not a clickable one.

Changing the rules in the middle of a game for me is unfair. It is better not to disqualify a junior member from a campaign because it is not his fault why things go this way. Let him finish the campaign because he still has the signature although without a link.

Just a thought of a Junior Member.  Smiley
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:42:40 AM

To be honest I did not noticed jr. member aren't able to join in signature campaign but rather newbie and jr.member is 0 in merit. Member to high rank are the one who have merit.
Merit will push me as jr.member to do my very best to post a quality one.
But thanks for this I am informed. Hopefully everyone in this community will not discriminate the lower rank because of the merit system everyone should post with quality.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:47:54 AM

this is a good policy, with many spammers attacking the forum just to raise their rank up to Hero or Legendary to use the most expensive signatures and earn money easily.
From now on, everyone should feel the hard work to be able to follow the bounty, and maybe .. the upcoming bounty campaign requires someone to have a number of + Merit

bstewart

Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:50:41 AM

I like the idea of furthering merit here, as there are a lot of posters who bring no value plus broken English.

However, I'm not sure that their system for merit is going to be the best way to go about it.
javerzky

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:07:39 AM

i am still a jr member and i guess this is a big deal to us jr member but i guess this updates have a good reason behind it and i rather said that i need to a continue support the project i am supporting right now.
still i need to move on and follow the new rules  Smiley

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:11:57 AM

I think the OP touched on the real problem with this system ..Merit is way too scarce.  I’m a full member and was only allowed 4 Merit to share.  If JR members need 10, and higher ranking members need 100s, there doesn’t seem to be enough to go around.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
swpqlhmgp

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:43:55 AM

i am still a jr member and i guess this is a big deal to us jr member but i guess this updates have a good reason behind it and i rather said that i need to a continue support the project i am supporting right now.
still i need to move on and follow the new rules  Smiley
I am also a jr member. I was somewhat shocked to see the new rules today. Have to say that this is a good way to manage the forum. But it also makes this level of people difficult. I do not know how the future forum will be like. But I am a bit anxious.

prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:57:07 AM

Well this new merit system is not the end to it all. It is even more challenging to think first before posting, rather than to just post and post even though you are already out of topic. I read the meta announcement and there will be people who will be task to read posts and if deemed to be a quality post but did not receive any merits, they can quote those replies and send it in the meta thread in order to apply as the merit source. So if you are a merit source I think your job will have to be to find quality posts and give merits due to them. The challenge here for us is just to create high quality posts with a lot of content and for sure that merit system will just be a fly.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:43:29 AM

Yes, there is a merit system, certainly a lot of impact on the jr member, jr signature now can not include a link, and this is a big difference.
And I think merit must be very scarce. In any case, signature compaign will tend to be member and above member.

I know someone who cannot put links on his signature and this affirmed that the new merit system has indeed afflicted Jr.Members so much. I was just wondering how they could put signatures with link? Do they need just a few merit or do they really need 10 (promoted member's rank)?

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:49:34 AM

Having this merit system in place just means people in general have to work harder to reach their goals. Due to airdrops and many people building multiple accounts to cheat the bounty system, something had to give and I guess they thought of this. Personally if people joined as juniors in a bounty campaign before this rule came out they should be allowed to continue but any new Juniors coming they need to rank up of course. I think this would be the fairest outcome of all.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:53:56 AM

This is a good development from the team as it will reduce those creating multiple accounts to participate on bounty....

Arcblock gave chance to all rank to participate....

Arcblock is the real future of cryptocurrency..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: