Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon chip order unboxing photos  (Read 2532 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:25:09 PM

These guys are experts in getting hundreds of thousands of chips sent abroad smoothly without incurring additional fees or tax burdens.  So when Yifu claimed "stuck in customs" that wasn't going to fly at all. 

AsicMiner labels their block erupters shipments as "test - pcboards"  so it comes with little value. 

Sorry, but the import/tax burdens are on the customer, so in this case the fact they heavily undervalue the goods on the invoice is a very good thing for the buyer, otherwise you would have to pay a shitload of money to customs (for Example, in Europe it would be at least 21% + fess)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

Wow so I order one day later and my order is 2 weeks later delivered...

As far as "customs problems" go, they are definitely doing something shady with customs in that the invoice for the order claimed the value as $0.04 per chip, 10k chips $440 invoice.  It also prominently stated "sample chips only - no commercial value".  So those are misrepresentations right on the official invoice that the customs agents read.  It suits me well enough because that lowers the tax burden for all parties.

I'm having them assembled into clones by Bitmine.

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if these suckers cost 0.04 cents to make!~
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:28:53 PM

Please post some pictures of the chips unwrapped so we can all DROOLLLLL
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:18:46 PM

As far as "customs problems" go, they are definitely doing something shady with customs in that the invoice for the order claimed the value as $0.04 per chip, 10k chips $440 invoice.  It also prominently stated "sample chips only - no commercial value".  So those are misrepresentations right on the official invoice that the customs agents read.  It suits me well enough because that lowers the tax burden for all parties.

Sorry for the bluntness, I feel it's all too necessary: it never fails to amaze my how people are all to willing to write nothing less than a signed confession statement to tax crimes that form a part of a business venture that isn't even complete yet. Am I the only one thinking FFS STFU?

Vires in numeris
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:22:56 PM

Sorry for the bluntness, I feel it's all too necessary: it never fails to amaze my how people are all to willing to write nothing less than a signed confession statement to tax crimes that form a part of a business venture that isn't even complete yet. Am I the only one thinking FFS STFU?
I realize this as well, people really don't think half a second about what they post.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:28:55 PM

I realize this as well, people really don't think half a second about what they post.

Yep, that's amazing stuff indeed.

bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:34:03 PM

These guys are experts in getting hundreds of thousands of chips sent abroad smoothly without incurring additional fees or tax burdens [for buyers].  So when Yifu claimed "stuck in customs" that wasn't going to fly at all. 

AsicMiner labels their block erupters shipments as "test - pcboards"  so it comes with little value. 

Sorry, but the import/tax burdens are on the customer, so in this case the fact they heavily undervalue the goods on the invoice is a very good thing for the buyer, otherwise you would have to pay a shitload of money to customs (for Example, in Europe it would be at least 21% + fess)

Agree that it works out well favorably for the buyer, especially in Europe.  Should've clarified that in the beginning.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:56:46 PM

These guys are experts in getting hundreds of thousands of chips sent abroad smoothly without incurring additional fees or tax burdens [for buyers].  So when Yifu claimed "stuck in customs" that wasn't going to fly at all. 

Agree that it works out well favorably for the buyer, especially in Europe.  Should've clarified that in the beginning.

Actually this is a major misconception, giving an item with a fake value declaration will only cause problems for the receiver, as most customs offices do check. This causes delays, fines and extra costs that could have been avoided.

With larger buyers being sometimes companies, it's causing various accounting problems too where the tax office finds out the declared value on the IM4 import docs is not in the same range as the booked expense invoice. Instant audit and fine as a result...

Stop trying to do your customers a favour by declaring a low value, you are screwing over the majority of them in the long run.

Guess what, as a company I don't care what the VAT is as I never pay any VAT. If you do any kind of import/export, you should get a Import VAT deferral license (E.T. 14.000 permit).

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:14:23 AM

Actually this is a major misconception, giving an item with a fake value declaration will only cause problems for the receiver, as most customs offices do check. This causes delays, fines and extra costs that could have been avoided.

With larger buyers being sometimes companies, it's causing various accounting problems too where the tax office finds out the declared value on the IM4 import docs is not in the same range as the booked expense invoice. Instant audit and fine as a result...

Stop trying to do your customers a favour by declaring a low value, you are screwing over the majority of them in the long run.

Guess what, as a company I don't care what the VAT is as I never pay any VAT. If you do any kind of import/export, you should get a Import VAT deferral license (E.T. 14.000 permit).

This is correct. If you are a business operating completely legally you will recoup the VAT and declare the different import duties as expenses, thus a fake value on the invoice will just badly mess with your accounting. But for all the consumers who are not a registered company or for "pro" operations managed in a "shady" way, an undervalued invoice will just mean less costs they were not going to recoup anyway.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:30:20 AM

Indeed, futhermore, and more importantly to you, if you are subject to your valuable package of chips being 'misplaced' (lost) by the courier company chosen, who will you be compensate, or refunded for such genuinely valuable items without sufficient third party liability when the package is inadquately insured?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: