Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: merit. good or bad?  (Read 645 times)
long8899 (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:59:42 AM

firstly, I think merit is good to decrease low quality posts! so stop discuss that.

but I am wondering it is fair for ALL MEMBERS in here???

as I know, different ranks hold different merits, and most importantly, who has higher ranks can have more merits to give away. which means, higher ranks have more power than low ranks.

generally speaking, as a newbie, he can't give a constructive post as other people who has higher ranks. what he can do is do his best to join the discussion as many as possible . but with this merit, this sense of "hierarchy” is going further!!! now everyone should kind of "please" the higher ranks member, because higher ranks hold more merits to give away!! which means they have more power in this forum. that's why I said is "hierarchy"

but what's the beginning point of making this forum? is it spread the knowledge of crypto currency? is it offer a place for everyone to say their opinion? But with this merit, I don't think low ranks can say their opinion freely because they have to think twice before post, if what they say is unfavor for "high class" members, then it is hard for them to get merits.

if what I said is true, then what's the point to join this forum?

if everyone can't say what they want to say in this forum then what's the point to make this forum?

if new members think it is difficult to join this forum and hard to increase their rank, then I think it is bad for this forum to develop, because new blood is essential and I believe this forum is not just let higher rank members to show how much knowledge they have, but to spread the knowledge to new people and encourage new member to contribute more.

I repeat, I didn't say this merit system cannot decrease the low quality posts, but it is unfair for new people.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2779298.msg28935057#msg28935057

this is what I just saw and what I post, a Legendary criticize and say it should be deleted because a jr member said that "I think this is the right step, because every year bitcoin value continues to increase, so your friends will benefit a lot if he invests for the next 2 years. now is the right time because the price is low". He said this jr member is "some 3rd world shitposter"

I believe this merit system will make this forum become a WAR!

I really hope this forum is an open place for people to say what they want, to make it happen, firstly, please make it FAIR first!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:25:56 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (1), TMAN (1)

Idk maybe for some people this is not fair, but I think this is fair enough. At least this can reduce the shitpost and spammer.
but what's the beginning point of making this forum? is it spread the knowledge of crypto currency? is it offer a place for everyone to say their opinion? But with this merit, I don't think low ranks can say their opinion freely because they have to think twice before post, if what they say is unfavor for "high class" members, then it is hard for them to get merits.
For this I do not agree, some people join in this forum to find out what it is crypto or tell what is crypto , so rank is not a necessity is not it? unless they are bounty hunters that require rank to follow some campaign (Including me).

It is actually a merit point that must be obtained its high (maybe theymos can reduce it) But For now let's respect the decision theymos made. It is common to have positive and negative opinions on the new system. This is also for the better future of this forum.

Btw sorry for my bad english and thanks!
thaayb

Activity: 216
Merit: 104

🥇🥉🎖

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:40:17 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 03:50:46 AM by thaayb

generally speaking, as a newbie, he can't give a constructive post as other people who has higher ranks. what he can do is do his best to join the discussion as many as possible . but with this merit, this sense of "hierarchy” is going further!!! now everyone should kind of "please" the higher ranks member, because higher ranks hold more merits to give away!! which means they have more power in this forum. that's why I said is "hierarchy"
Why should not be a newbie able to create posts with good quality? Hierarchy is basically what any forum is about. Someone has first to gain trust before he is accepted. This prvents spam and fraud.

One fear I have with the new merit score is, that it will result in buying and selling these points.
EDIT: Already happened

Panzersin

Activity: 901
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:41:27 AM

It's good for quality poster and bad for those spammer who want ranked up their account faster by shitposting nonsense posts.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

JessyHero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:43:32 AM

It is very good for quality of the forum speech,. Less spam around
RENTMONEY

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:47:19 AM

I think there should be a + button beside merit and JR members and up can click it to give 1 merit per post of a specific user.  With the +1 merit for quality post system everyone who is a somewhat established member vote counts equal when giving a merit point. Let forum members as a whole decide who gets what merit.

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:01:15 AM

Idk maybe for some people this is not fair, but I think this is fair enough. At least this can reduce the shitpost and spammer.
For this I do not agree, some people join in this forum to find out what it is crypto or tell what is crypto , so rank is not a necessity is not it? unless they are bounty hunters that require rank to follow some campaign (Including me).

It is actually a merit point that must be obtained its high (maybe theymos can reduce it) But For now let's respect the decision theymos made. It is common to have positive and negative opinions on the new system. This is also for the better future of this forum.

Btw sorry for my bad english and thanks!

you said you are a bounty hunters, under the circumstances of more difficult to achieve higher rank, you actually agree with the system.
what do you mean?Huh you need a higher rank but you agree to make it harder???really contradiction.

no worries, my english is bad as well.

but I want to say that what we do here is meaningless, either you right or I right we can't get any merit. discuss this may just waste our time.

because you have to post high quality post, and this high quality should be recognized by other people.

why should people give you merit just discuss about the merit system? anyone has its opinion, so it is valueless. not "high quality", and should be deleted.

long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

Why should not be a newbie able to create posts with good quality? Hierarchy is basically what any forum is about. Someone has first to gain trust before he is accepted. This prvents spam and fraud.

One fear I have with the new merit score is, that it will result in buying and selling these points.
EDIT: Already happened

because most of the newbies don't have decent knowledge to give a constructive post. if he or she knows much about crypto currency,  then he or she must already registered in here and already has a good rank.

long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:05:06 AM

It's good for quality poster and bad for those spammer who want ranked up their account faster by shitposting nonsense posts.

yeah, I agree with it and I said twice in my original post, what you say is exactly shitpost. sorry to point it out.
you see, it is so easy to post "shitpost", even you. my dear hero rank.

long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:06:52 AM

It is very good for quality of the forum speech,. Less spam around

again, another "shitpost" here. I already admit that merit system can decrease low quality post. please read it carefully. Thank you

long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:08:55 AM

I think there should be a + button beside merit and JR members and up can click it to give 1 merit per post of a specific user.  With the +1 merit for quality post system everyone who is a somewhat established member vote counts equal when giving a merit point. Let forum members as a whole decide who gets what merit.

I don't understand it, can you explain it more?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:10:10 AM

Yes, stop whining. I'm tired of these *pretend I really care about the system, but I'm actually only concerned about my own ranking up* threads.

An extra bonus: You're breaking the forum rules due to the way that you're responding to this thread.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:26:01 AM

this merit system will make people think it is meaningless to reply, or say their opinion.

just like we discuss in here.

this forum should be a place for people to express what they think, not to favor everyone in this forum.

but, unfortunately, people should like your post first then give you merit.

and after you genuinely cautiously reply or create a new topic and try your best to make contribution

your merit could be zero. because you still don't have much knowledge to give a good enough post in order to get merit.

then what you gonna do?

merit for people to give away is limited. your genuinely, cautiously post is valueless for the majority of people. only those good idea and constructive posts may get merits from others.

and is it right to try your best to make a contribution and get nothing?

that's so harsh so unfriendly.

also, don't forget humanity. why people give you merits? either you post is really really good or he or she can get benefit from it.

I already saw some posts said that there has merit trade available.

so, what's the point? dampen people's enthusiasm for "quality posts"?? and has the potential for cheating by buying merits??

nice job to mess up!

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:30:31 AM

this merit system will make people think it is meaningless to reply, or say their opinion.

just like we discuss in here.

this forum should be a place for people to express what they think, not to favor everyone in this forum.
That is complete nonsense, and you are just a disgruntled shitposter. If you want to post on this forum for the sake of posting, you will not care about: a) Trust rating. b) Your rank. c) Your merit points.

because you still don't have much knowledge to give a good enough post in order to get merit.
Then don't post, idiot.

that's so harsh so unfriendly.
That's how it should be.

nice job to mess up!
Yeah, no.

I suggest leaving rather than annoying others with your useless whining.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
long8899 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:32:46 AM
Merited by Durr_1412 (1)

Yes, stop whining. I'm tired of these *pretend I really care about the system, but I'm actually only concerned about my own ranking up* threads.

An extra bonus: You're breaking the forum rules due to the way that you're responding to this thread.

right, I can't say anything bad about this merit system now. OK.

you are higher than me.

I will say nothing about this

I will obey your rule as long as I value my account in bitcoin talk

and yes, I value my account.

i am so sorry Legendary king.

please forgive me. I won't say anything bad about this forum, all your decisions are right and 100 percent indeed

please forgive me and let me keep my account.

SORRY SORRY SORRY

please accept my apologies

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:38:39 AM

i am so sorry Legendary king.

please forgive me. I won't say anything bad about this forum, all your decisions are right and 100 percent indeed

please forgive me and let me keep my account.

SORRY SORRY SORRY

please accept my apologies
Bow down to your Queen of Dragons.

That was rather quite exaggerated. I suggest that you lock this thread and keep the discussion in existing threads. There are some other complaint threads, where OPs are getting destroyed in their nonsensical arguments.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:02:12 AM

Good for the forum
Bad for majority of users (unfortunately)
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:30:21 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 02:13:37 PM by Bonakid

firstly, I think merit is good to decrease low quality posts! so stop discuss that.

as I know, different ranks hold different merits, and most importantly, who has higher ranks can have more merits to give away. which means, higher ranks have more power than low ranks.

if what I said is true, then what's the point to join this forum?

if everyone can't say what they want to say in this forum then what's the point to make this forum?

if new members think it is difficult to join this forum and hard to increase their rank, then I think it is bad for this forum to develop, because new blood is essential and I believe this forum is not just let higher rank members to show how much knowledge they have, but to spread the knowledge to new people and encourage new member to contribute more.

I repeat, I didn't say this merit system cannot decrease the low quality posts, but it is unfair for new people.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2779298.msg28935057#msg28935057

this is what I just saw and what I post, a Legendary criticize and say it should be deleted because a jr member said that "I think this is the right step, because every year bitcoin value continues to increase, so your friends will benefit a lot if he invests for the next 2 years. now is the right time because the price is low". He said this jr member is "some 3rd world shitposter"

I believe this merit system will make this forum become a WAR!

I really hope this forum is an open place for people to say what they want, to make it happen, firstly, please make it FAIR first!

I think there is a good and bad effect for our feelings.Its bad because we are sad we are not perfect in grammar but as long as we can spreadout our knowledge they accept it. Its good because we should challenge to make a constructive post and we need more learnings to get more merit.But as long as what happen we should follow their rules and regulations to be rank up faster.
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9544

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:32:43 AM

Good for the forum
Bad for majority of users (unfortunately)

I think I probably agree with this, the thing is that it’s not going anywhere so we just have to get on with it.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
Neilfajardo09

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:01:37 AM

I wamna know is merit good or bad?  Obviosly im a newbie here so i wanna know is it good or bad for me i hope i got some replies
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: