Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:17:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl bitcoin or split it in many altcoins ???  (Read 728 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:27:09 PM

Hello there right now I am holding exactly 1 bitcoin....what should i do with that... should I hold only in bitcoin or should I split some of it into other coins... if yes then which ones and how much
Bitcoin is good for holding in case of profit in long term. You will be eventually making profit with less risk if you keep on holding. Alt coins are more risky to invest on but you can make quick profit from it in short term. The best thing to do is hold 70% of bitcoin and invest rest 30% on top trending alt coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

This is a complex issue. On the one hand bitcoin continues to grow. On the other hand we understand that not get the x10 or x5. But it is reliable. You can invest 50 percent in Ethereum. The second half to invest in several promising coins. But to decide only to You.

kulis0

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:28:37 PM

I believe it would be reasonable to hold some of the BTC (maybe around half) and invest the rest of it in a couple altcoins that you believe will be profitable in the future. That way you could increase your earnings and minimize your potential loss.

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

It is really difficult to recommend anything without knowing what is your budget. For smaller investment, I think that Bitcoin is the most suitable option. If you don't know anything about altcoins, it would be good for you to read comparisons between a few the most popular altcoins. If you want to invest in something that will reach 1000% grow in a couple of weeks then I have to tell you that it is nearly impossible to happen unless someone well-known is behind the project.
bradcox

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:29:44 PM

I'm not selling my bitcoins whatever happens. I would suggest to hodl your BTC, then invest some money into top 10, and after that you are free to throw whatever you save into altcoins and ICOs.
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:31:48 PM

You have actually asked a good question on how to invest your bitcoin.In my own opinion you don,t carry all you eggs in one create,what happens if you accidentally hit your leg in a stone definitely you will lost all,it will be advisable you split your invest a little into different platform.
vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:31:59 PM

if you have more than 1 BTC you hold it.but if you have limited money,i suggest to split it to few altcoin.you can choose to hold it or trading it.
its more benefir than you just hold btc.

Tactical Genius

Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

One of the basic rules of investing is :never put all your eggs in one basket.Split your Bitcoin into other very promising altcoins and with time the returns you will get will be bigger than that holding the Bitcoin only.I will recommend genieico whose signature I'm wearing,then you can also check out Internxt,proofsuite,Genesis vision,power ledger etc

spivorcointaun

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:33:56 PM

Hey, guys, I wanna share my current ICO portfolio:
1. Cointed
2. Giftz
3. Titanium
4. Restart Energy

Thoughts?
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

hold bitcoin will be very profitable, but we need to see the prospect of altcoin in the future if by dividing it into some altcoin it will be advantageous maybe we can divide it into some altcoin to get profit. we must be careful to be able to calculate the advantages of dividing into some altcoin and only to bitcoin.
nasip35

Activity: 398
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:11:29 PM

i think all wait not bitcoin divide and make a beautiful portfolio there are potential nice coins You can get 4-5 different coins I especially recommend coin Vechain
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:16:23 PM

Hey, guys, I wanna share my current ICO portfolio:
1. Cointed
2. Giftz
3. Titanium
4. Restart Energy

Thoughts?

Why you chosen the cheap coins and non fame projects. I do not think you can get the amount returned which you invested to bought these coins. I am not sure is there are ICO projects also commented here. If not I advice you to check the potential ICO projects which gonna reach bigger in the marketplace. If the development team and white paper is fine.
You can check invest on those kind ICO projects buddy. For altcoins side, I suggest to invest on ethereum, eth classic, monero and ZEC.
btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:34:31 PM

Bitcoin is always a much more stable option to invest, but it would still be better to diversify your investment into different altcoins to reduce the risk of losing all of your money if bitcoin price happens to drop to a new low record which are highly impossible, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Good advice. We can make it even better. I divide my portfolio into small pieces to minimize risk. Some part of it bitcoin, another part is ethereum and res is divided to different alts. in case some of them survive, then I still have some money.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 05:45:46 PM

I suggest you buy some high potential altcoins. Focusing your investment to only one particular thing has great risk. Like if it goes down all of your invested money will be gone. Unlike if you have a variety of investments, if some investment fails surely others will be success. This is a win win situation, in holding all as a bitcoin if price suddenly dropped you're doomed.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:01:54 PM

If you want low risk, holding the 1 BTC will be a good idea.

If you want a risk balanced portfolio, I will suggest to hold 0.5BTC and spilt the other 0.5BTC in a few altcoins for diversifying the risks.
turkmachiavelli

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:33:13 PM

It is a hard stiuation to decide. You can spread two part for most interest. First part includes bitcoin. Second part includes altcoins. You can invest spectre, wabi, walton, stellar. I think these coins can earn money.

Ember541

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:36:21 PM

I am doing about 1/4 in bitcoin and trying out some different altcoins. Since the prices dropped I don't want to miss this opportunity.
yonghongtang

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:37:11 PM

Hello there right now I am holding exactly 1 bitcoin....what should i do with that... should I hold only in bitcoin or should I split some of it into other coins... if yes then which ones and how much
Why not just hold your bitcoin and wait the time 1btc=1million to come? Btc is a kind of long term invest , you have to be patient .
If you don't want to wait for long term , ico is better for you to invest.
blockchainlion.com

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:39:02 PM

definitely the more you diversify, the more your chances to be successful on the long run.

Split it in half, half stays in btc, and half spreads across alts.

Also consider spending a bit more on Ethereum compared to other altcoins since ethereum is a very established coin, and many other tokens (the famous ERC20 tokens) are actually built on top of ethereum itself.
jsxcryptoman

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:42:40 PM

Now, better buy altcoins, because succesfull forks BTC ended. The most succesfull forks BTC are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. For the other forks BTC will be hard get a good price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: