Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 countries that banned bitcoin  (Read 3333 times)
Desmo

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:25:51 AM

countries that have forbidden bitcoins are afraid of crypto-currencies because of the volatility, decentralized nature that is perceived as a threat to the current monetary system and associated with illegal activities such as drug trafficking and money laundering. Some of these countries explicitly banned the digital currency, while others rejected any support for the banking and financial system needed to trade and use bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

COUNTRIES THAT BANNED BITCOIN

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

Several people believe that bitcoin was a blessing and it was an opportunity
for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

this was already an old news for updated list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

so what do you think? will your country will ban the use of bitcoin?
do you know other countries that ban the bitcoins?
Please share it and tell to everyone Smiley
   I can not understand a bit, what is the use of prohibiting bitcoin? Maybe I'm not very strong in politics, but I understand one thing, if bitcoin is banned as a method of payment, it's more likely than not, but being imprisoned for having bitcoin on my wallet I consider it nonsense. Sorry, maybe I really do not understand anything in such situations, but this is my opinion.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:27:47 AM

Before we start to our topic this I want to tell that some of you might know about this but I just wanna share this to those who are not.

for everyone but not everyone shares the sentiment. From central banks and other finance company, Bitcoin's list of detractors runs for a very long time and gone so deep.But most of the government around the world seeks for the regulation of bitcoin.

Be due to fear,ignorance and protectionism, governments have a tendency to legislate against perceived threats.Countries such as japan protects its citizens to have free trade of the digital currency.But unfortunately not all countries embracing the change of our technology.In some cases citizens have had their assets seized,accounts got frozen and have been locked up, Government can't stop the blockchain from propagating, but they can stop their people in having access to it.

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

Like banning drugs,alcohol and other stuffs banning bitcoin sounds nonsensical and unforceable.That's the exact case in five countries:

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

It was recently reported in https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-illegal-in-nepal-police-arrest-seven-individuals-for-trading-operations/
that there were dozens of bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts get imprison seemingly guilty of little more than operating a small-scale bitcoin exchange.

Meanwhile Ecuador has outlawed bitcoin, nit because they opposed this crypto but because they want to regulate and control it and tether it with the Ecuadorian dollar.An Electronic money designed to operate ad support monetary scheme dollarization.Completing the naughty list of countries that have banned bitcoin is Kyrgyzstan, a tiny landlocked state in Central Asia,
And Bangladesh banned bitcoin, it was 2014 where Bangladesh bank stated that anyone that will be caught using such online currency could be jailed mostly because it's about "MONEY LAUNDERING".

Many countries banned the virtual currency bitcoins because its ease of use for criminal purposes and its highs risk for investor .
mithun303

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

5 countries that are banded bitcoin are those countries.

1. Bolivia
2. Nepal
3. Bangladesh
4. Kyrgyzstan
5. Ecuador

I don't know why these 5 countries are so insignificant? I think That this not only 5 countries, there are many countries in the rich list.

The ban from the countries where bitcoin ban is lifted  i want.

███ p2pcash.net ▬   ███ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
jdkly

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:26:30 AM

The prohibitions announced by any country are not prohibitions on the use of Bitcoin. They cannot prevent people from using Bitcoin. Bitcoin is completely anonymous when used. This is the core of Bitcoin.
thelolicon2

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:47:52 AM

In many countries were kidnapped, beaten and held of millions of dollars in bitcoin even ransom by criminals. Due to this reason Taiwan
China, Russia, Colombia, Vietnam etc banned the use of bitcoin.

It's not the only problem my friend, the goverments are listing Bitcoin as a threaten to their economy also which means they don't and won't use Bitcoin for sure.
Bitcoin was using by crinimals are the common use for 9 years ago but i haven't seen the way to stop it.
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:57:43 AM

Well, that was not a good news for bitcoin holders and investors. But i think they do that because of lack of information about bitcoin what and how will operate properly. Countries with closed minded will indeed do that but definitely if you are open minded, they will grab bitcoin to operate in their places.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:10:35 AM

Take a look at the five countries that you mentioned. Do you think we should get worried about these countries banning Bitcoin or the entire crypto? For me, I don't care if Bangladesh, or Nepal, or Kyrgyzstan, and others on your list ban Bitcoin. Why should we make a mountain out of this mole hill? These countries, even if Bitcoin is made fully legal within them, might not cause a big pump of Bitcoin. I would get worried if Japan or Singapore or France or Germany would release a statement banning Bitcoin in their governments.
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:05:52 AM

List of Countries that have Banned Bitcoin

Thailand&nbsp – The Thai treasure banned bitcoin outright.

China&nbsp – The Chinese treasure enacted policies on bitcoin that pretty much restricted the use of the virtual currency.

Taiwanb– The country’s&nbsp;Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) blocked efforts to install <a href="https://99bitcoins.com/first-bitcoin-atm-installed-bostons-south-station/">Bitcoin ATMs</a> in the country and restricted its use as an alternate currency.

India – The Indian’s&nbsp;central bank published a lengthly document against the use of bitcoin. If the country is not accepted by the central banking system, it’s pretty much useless.

Germany – The German government and central bank&nbsp;Bundesbank&nbsp;formally accepted bitcoin as a private virtual currency but not as a public currency.

Boliviab– The developing country claims bitcoin was created by the United States government to&nbsp;wage financial warfare on other countries.

Russia – The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office says&nbsp;“Systems for anonymous payments and cyber currencies that have gained considerable circulation — including the most well-known, Bitcoin — are money substitutes and cannot be used by individuals or legal entities

From List of Countries That Have Banned Bitcoin!
https://99bitcoins.com/list-countries-banned-bitcoin/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqmwgZ2O2gIVQX69Ch0OtQ-mEAAYAyAAEgKM1PD_BwE

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:07:29 AM

If an invention like Bitcoin doubles the capability of the members of a government to make personal profits,and triples the ability of that government to collect taxes,and banning it would allow all the other countries to get ahead of them in the world markets,why would any government even entertain the concept of a ban?
patchinglets

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:22:20 PM

As far as i know india is also going to have a ban on btcs not quite sure though.
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:25:59 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

This is the reason why cryptocurrency today is crashing in the market, its because of this countries that ban cryptocurrency in their area, it only means that there are a lot of people who are really envy the growth of cryptocurrency.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:43:53 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

I’ve known some countries that banned bitcoin because of some reasons. Here in our country, I really don’t think that bitcoin will be banned in our country because to be honest, our president and government are too busy dealing on how to avoid the crimes and drugs. If ever bitcoin becomes issue in our country then probably, I’ll start cashing out my money because it is better to be sure than ending up with an empty wallet.
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:46:57 PM

First, this one shitty title.
You have "BITCOIN HAS BEEN BANNED!" as a title and in your posts you start with "COUNTRIES THAT BANNED BITCOIN".
And it's all in CAPS which is annoying as hell, if you want to scream that much open the window and do it.
What you've done here is trying to get visitors to your topic (for what reason..I can only guess....)

But everything you wrote it's already old news..

The wiki page is pretty up to date so you can check there what country has "banned" bitcoin.
Because in the case of Nepal, bitcoin has not been banned but declared illegal as a method of payment.

https://sanzeevdahal.com.np/bitcoin-banned-in-nepal/
All wallets site, Mining sites, ICO, HYIP, faucets all sort of bitcoin-related websites are still working in Nepal. So it’s not totally banned but illegal to buy bitcoin.

Im sorry for all caps sir but yah it was an old news Smiley I just wanna share to everyone who are new again I am very sorry for the all caps Smiley hope u forgive.

Even it was an old news for me the topic is still informative specially to new members.
hanabii

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:58:06 PM

STOP THE BITCOIN!!

1.Bangladesh
2.Bolivia
3.Ecuador
4.Kyrgyzstan
5.Nepal

BANGLADESH, INDONESIA, BOLIVIA, ECUADOR, and CHINA are some countries that prohibit bitcoin for various reasons the country rejects bitcoin not just one reason
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

1.Thailand, since July 30, 2013. Bitcoin is not a currency
2. Morocco, since November 2017
3. South Korea, since December 13, 2017. Reason: to control its finances 4. Singapore, since September 29, 2017. Reason: inter-financial constraints arise
5. Nepal, since 2017
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:07:54 PM

As far as I know 5 countries that have banned bitcoin activity are:
1. India
2. bolivia
3. ecuador
4. bangladesh
5. nepal
These are not countries for bitcoin operations. They think bitcoin can affect the economy of the country.
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

Countries which prohibit see crypto threat to its economy. Just as it is easier to prevent what does not understand, and then understand the essence and decide what to do about it.
coinkeke

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:28:39 PM

Man why are they countries against bitcoin this much? And are their people hate bitcoin too? I don't understand this banns and this agresivity to bitcoin. But i think the blockchain tecnology is a safer tecnology
untidyaudi4

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:38:40 AM

You provided the exact problem of these days. it makes no sense in banning the cryptoz as per me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: