Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit is the best thing that happened to new users  (Read 1822 times)
sitnikov

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:26:06 PM

I agree with that but best thing is that there will be activated accounts only. Neither spam nor inactive account s will be there.

This is a problem that cannot be tackled by merit system completely. Different spammers have different purposes here. Some are here to be eligible for signature campaigns. Now that signature campaigns are also having some requirements related to merits, those will be controlled. But some spammers are here who use new accounts to bump their own promotional threads. They are not concerned about merits at all as they do not need it. Another type of spammers are those are making accounts and building potential activity to sell that account later.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:33:36 PM

Meritorious replies sometimes helps to spot out scam replies too. I heard about it once

I think you mean merited replies here. Smiley You are right about this. A lot of members here started giving merits in bulk to their friends or alt accounts just to rank up those accounts. I really do not see any point in the admin allowing members to be able to send 50 merit points for a single response. It  looks like that the admin might have left this loophole intentionally so as to trap the scammers. If he makes this thing clear in the next update and issues permanent bans for such accounts, I will be the happiest soul on the earth.
keywordsbadge

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:58:01 AM

Yea its good that they are further been crushed by new rules. But anyway that would help them to set on firm base in the early stage only
veroniquee

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:23:35 AM

Yea ofcourse I think that would compell them to research more and more to have good post that will enrich their knowledge
gordeevaar

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:56:09 AM

Yea ofcourse I think that would compell them to research more and more to have good post that will enrich their knowledge

Let me quote all posts you made after posting this reply here :

You should have quality posts and for that you need to have enormous venture in btc world

Not a bad idea at all. But will manager enforce it?

I now know that love is having a girl in life whose tears runs only for you on your collar and her smile is only the cause of your happin

Looks like some people are not going to improve at all. If you did a lot of research for making those posts, I advise you to save that time and utilize it for something more important for yourself.
necktiearrival0

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:06:45 PM

Don't want to get merit for btc trading rather I would like to get them for next semester LOL
andi_wahid

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:54:43 PM

At first i thougt this merit system was very troublesome to me, but now i understand that by holding merit is to improve the quality of the forum. And newbie will be smarter again because will learn a lot to post quality, thank you....
balotelli

Activity: 298
Merit: 104

Why Always Me,.

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:04:54 PM

Its a great post from Kaar. BTCBTC

What Was Your Reason On Earth?
waiki

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:39:28 PM

Merit is the best thing that happenned to new user ?
Yes maybe this is to train new users to be more intelligent,careful to make quality posts so as not to be easy to spam and not haphazardly post.
ArtiSHOCK

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:54:21 PM

As for me not much considered system of motivation to write good posts. After all, merit can be regarded as a resource. And any resource can be sold, buy, give, take, and so on . Don't get me wrong, but you'd better make merit more personal.
CryptAssist

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:05:09 AM

Yes that would be fine if it weren't for the fact that no matter how much I try to help and be useful in this space, nobodies handing out any Merit. I feel like it's allot of work trying to appease people and getting nothing for it.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 11:50:37 AM

<...>

I’d say that life is possibly unfair in general. Depending on when and where were born, your focus and odds in life change radically and it is up to you to try to change that situation. Obviously, your personal environment is going to play its role here, as are your relations with other people. We were not all born clones of each other and thus life spans out in different ways for each of us.

The same thing happens here. We were not all created as users from an initial genesis at the same time. The higher ranks have been around for some time and that needs to count for something. Of course you’ll find counter examples of high ranked members that still carry on with their non-contributive posting habits like in the old days, but these I have encountered to be not that many really.

The forums has moved on from a trivial no-brainer ranking-up system, to a meritocracy. That is obviously going to be more difficult, but like as stated, so is life and so we need to adapt.
change7

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:06:03 PM

Merit as not only the best thing that happened to me users, it spread its goodness down to even old members whose post quality has been really bad and full f scam. It has so far helped to correct this issue of low post quality and everyone now looks out to becoming better posters.
DarkKnightNeverDie

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:23:13 AM

The best thing that merit system has affected new users (newbies) in the forum is stopping them to start such non-sense topic.
Newbies should spend their time to read more topics, especially from Jet Cash, TMAN, Lauda, etc.
For newbies' starts, I suggest they should read those following helpful topics:
1) Newbies – Read before posting (Lauda)
2) TMAN's guide to getting merits
3) Tips – Guides for forum search This one is extremely important for newbies.
4) Unofficial rules of bitcointalk forum Please read it to avoid unexpected violations on forum rules.
puzzling_rvat

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:33:29 AM

Such an author post really deserves a lot of merits, for he wrote all the pluses that appeared with the implementing of this system. In fact, I thought the same thing, and it's amazing that I'm not alone. Excellent thread, good luck!
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:59:43 AM

I feel the need to say something about there "I agree with you" posts, because it's annoying me more than merit posts by themselves.

Its a great post from Kaar. BTCBTC

At first i thougt this merit system was very troublesome to me, but now i understand that by holding merit is to improve the quality of the forum. And newbie will be smarter again because will learn a lot to post quality, thank you...

I agree with that but best thing is that there will be activated accounts only. Neither spam nor inactive account s will be there.

Merit as not only the best thing that happened to me users, it spread its goodness down to even old members whose post quality has been really bad and full f scam.

Such an author post really deserves a lot of merits, for he wrote all the pluses that appeared with the implementing of this system. In fact, I thought the same thing, and it's amazing that I'm not alone.

Look, we know what merit does and why's it implemented, just as well we know that the post is good because of merit given to him. There's no need for you to point the obvious to us.

Merit is not there to be chased after, because no matter how hard you try, if you can't post quality posts you won't get merit. Also, no one's forcing anyone to post quality posts. Can you post one liners and "I agree" posts? Yes. Therefore no one's forcing you but you won't get far with that.

One more thing. Think of merit as something of a marker. Don't pay attention to it, don't write just for merit and don't stress about it that much, because that number depends only on you and you can't force it to go up.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

Such an author post really deserves a lot of merits, for he wrote all the pluses that appeared with the implementing of this system. In fact, I thought the same thing, and it's amazing that I'm not alone. Excellent thread, good luck!

OP post with the needed information will be able to get the merits all the time in this section especially. Other than meta local boards like Russians, Philippines and other local boards are getting more merits.
But for getting merits you need to give the new updates and statistical information which is useful for this forum.
I understand the worries from the Newbies. They cannot able to rank up easily now since the merit system is between the activity.
Fmradio98

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

Its quite worrisome to be reduced to newbie after months of staying in bitcoin. I do think this development will be of help to newbie at least to be able to read other people's post before posting theirs. The main problem is that everybody wants to post and those that have merits are finding it difficult to give out their merits
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: