Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Friedcat: A forgotten promise?  (Read 11724 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 12:51:32 PM

All ASICMiner Erupter Blades sold in batches [B1, B2, B3, B3+] were promised free upgrades. B2-B3+ were promised new power modules and ethernet controllers. B1 more importantly were promised free upgrades of the entire blades. These new blades were meant to arrive pretty sharpish, although in a later PM friedcat then delayed that to 1-3 months from the start of June [Ie July to end of August].

This deadline has now passed, and the value of replacement blades has fallen to 10th of the price they were. It is also worth noting that every purchase in B1-3+ never made ROI, not even close. Only Friedcat made the millions.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282867

tldr: The point of this thread is to remind us that there is a current promise that has been left unfulfilled. Both B1 customers awaiting new blades, and B2-B3+ awaiting new power and ethernet boards are still waiting. For the man hailed as the king of in hand hardware, these unfulfilled preorder promises taste sour.

While the first round's customers will have a free upgrade to newer blades, this round's [*B2-B3+] customers will have the free upgrade of the newer power modules and ethernet controllers only.

...The upgrade will probably be 1-3 months later, when we could replace each blade with two 16-chip more compact, stable and user-friendly mini-blades.

Best regards,
friedcat

B1 winners awaiting new blades/alternatives
THE WINNERS:
alexuk/dogie*BTC76
eb3fullBTC76
waterpoweredBTC75
LainZBTC75
BatteryfireBTC75
PinwheelBTC75
PinwheelBTC75
pixel75BTC75
MacDschieBTC75
MacDschieBTC75
*I had purchased the rights of the replacement blade from Alex along with his B1 blade.

eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:12:27 PM

It's not a broken promise. I think friedcat decided to use the new board designs on their new chips instead. (Or, at least they didn't want to mass manufacture the boards until gen2 tapeout)

Regardless, as another person on that auction right along side you, I will make sure you receive one of these boards.

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 01:37:04 PM

It's not a broken promise. I think friedcat decided to use the new board designs on their new chips instead. (Or, at least they didn't want to mass manufacture the boards until gen2 tapeout)

Regardless, as another person on that auction right along side you, I will make sure you receive one of these boards.

I don't believe its a broken promise either, but the compensation needs to be appropriate. For B1s I believe it should be something with 15-25btc MARKET value as that's what was reasonably expected. For B2-B3+, 3-5btc would be appropriate.

LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:05:52 PM

Hello friedcat,
blabla

Also: As a Auction #1 buyer of blades,(remember: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178275.0 ), eagerly waiting on the new blades as I am entitled with a free one, exact?

While the first round's customers will have a free upgrade to newer blades, this round's customers will have the free upgrade of the newer power modules and ethernet controllers only.

LainZ.
Hi,

blabla

We will ship you the new blades for upgrade as soon as they are available.

Best regards,

friedcat

(In PM)

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
eb3full
VIP

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:41:55 PM

Hey we're all part of the first auction! Chest bump!

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

translation: "we will ship new blades once they're worthless". Would have rather had an old blade when they were worth something.

eb3full
VIP

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:44:19 PM

Pretty sure he'll give us multiple blades to make up for the time, it's only like 7 people.

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:45:21 PM

+1 to dogie.
This is a sad day for the people who supported ASICMINER initially. I was part of the B3 auction who paid 50BTC / blade.
They never ROI'ed.

Even with the new price of 3.5Btc per blade for returning customers, these blades don't seem to ROI.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d0775c4b7b

@Friedcat : When you replied to my PM earlier this week, i was expecting something better. You have let us down this time.
So much for taking our chances and vetting on ASICMINER

[/quote]

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
eb3full
VIP

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:47:27 PM

+1 to dogie.
This is a sad day for the people who supported ASICMINER initially. I was part of the B3 auction who paid 50BTC / blade.
They never ROI'ed.

Even with the new price of 3.5Btc per blade for returning customers, these blades don't seem to ROI.

@Friedcat : When you replied to my PM earlier this week, i was expecting something better. You have let us down this time.

Did you actually believe at 10GH for 50BTC they would ever reach ROI? It was an auction not a sale. I paid 76 BTC because I wanted one of the first ones to be shipped as that meant a lot to me.

gidi337

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:08:03 PM

dear everyone

is anyone wishing to purchase some '3.5btc and to sell them to me.

if interested please pm me

thanks

fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:18:59 PM

76BTC in june !!!

OMG...what a assrape !!!

no ROI...never...
All in the Friedcat pocket (he love suckers miners )

What a joke...

Please wake up guys !
Don't be fooled like that...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:32:06 PM

76BTC in june !!!

OMG...what a assrape !!!

no ROI...never...

What a joke...

Please wake up guys !

Something went in my pockets too and im fine with that. Its simply offer and demand. If someone thought these boards will ROI then he didnt calculate. I always thought the buyers wanted to get ahold of this piece of history. Im wondering that someone now claims that they never get ROI.

Im sure friedcat simply forgot about this promise since he is busy. But i think too that he will keep it when he gives that promise.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:33:51 PM

76BTC in june !!!

OMG...what a assrape !!!

no ROI...never...

What a joke...

Please wake up guys !

it was april not june Wink
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 04:08:58 PM

...guys the point isnt the original price. The point is he promised us all either total upgrades or partial upgrades - and hasn't delivered. These promises when purchased had a financial value, something that is dwindling to almost nothing.

The argument is if he made millions off these sales, he should at least keep to his promise.

friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:16:47 PM

First, sorry for the delay of delivery. Our design decision changed a lot during the last few months, resulting a unified new blade design which had also gone into many iterations.

The purchasers will all be fulfilled with new blades. And furthermore it won't be merely upgrades. They are extra.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 04:19:18 PM

First, sorry for the delay of delivery. Our design decision changed a lot during the last few months, resulting a unified new blade design which had also gone into many iterations.

The purchasers will all be fulfilled with new blades. And furthermore it won't be merely upgrades. They are extra.

I'm assuming by this you mean its not a trade in - it never was. The problem with just getting new blades now is they're worth (to us, and costs you) almost nothing. The promise assumed they would be worth 15-25 on delivery, NOT 2-4btc. That's 11-23 difference, small money for you, big money for us.

friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

I'm assuming by this you mean its not a trade in - it never was. The problem with just getting new blades now is they're worth (to us, and costs you) almost nothing. The promise assumed they would be worth 15-25 on delivery, NOT 2-4btc. That's 11-23 difference, small money for you, big money for us.
Of course we will bear the deprecation based on hashrate increase caused by our delay in mind. The later it is, the more hashrate it will be.

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

+1 to dogie.
They never ROI'ed.

[/quote]

noone promised ROI within 3 months. that's just your personal assumption. in fact with so many participants how can anyone GUARANTEE roi without opening themselves up to horrible ramifications? you got what you ordered, on time. and you are complaining why? compared to other ASIC purchasers you should be grateful.  what AM has to do is deliver when promised what they promise and that's what they did

ok
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:58:24 PM

friedcat is honest so far. unlike sleaze balls yifu and bfl. you don't like his products or don't take his word seriously go send a message to yifu and let us know what he replies in a few months.
look, if you will receive or received what you were promised don't complain about the unfairness of the bitcoin environment. will all asic minining companies be responsible you get ROI? jeez - it's as if people don't understand the landscape. at least you got what you ordered on time (see BFL or Avalon if you want to know alternatives)

however, you all are perfectly fine for asking for whatever was promised to you -

ok
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:58:38 PM

What about for people that bought from your resellers like Teek? Will I ever see any sort of compensation or rebate for the blades that I paid $5750 a piece for?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: