Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Friedcat: A forgotten promise?  (Read 11718 times)
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:08:12 PM

+1 to dogie.
This is a sad day for the people who supported ASICMINER initially. I was part of the B3 auction who paid 50BTC / blade.
They never ROI'ed.

Even with the new price of 3.5Btc per blade for returning customers, these blades don't seem to ROI.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d0775c4b7b

@Friedcat : When you replied to my PM earlier this week, i was expecting something better. You have let us down this time.
So much for taking our chances and vetting on ASICMINER

noone promised ROI within 3 months. that's just your personal assumption. in fact with so many participants how can anyone GUARANTEE roi without opening themselves up to horrible ramifications? you got what you ordered, on time. and you are complaining why? compared to other ASIC purchasers you should be grateful.  what AM has to do is deliver when promised what they promise and that's what they did

Yes. Am not complaining. Am quoting the fact. As you said, we received what we were promised. But so did others who brought USB's at 2.00 BTC and 1 BTC. Then why offer them coupons and not compensate us (blade buyers) who invested many times more than them.

I agree with you and i have been a strong supporter of friedcat all through. Am a shareholder as well and continue to invest in ASICMINER.
But i just wanted to point out the flaw in the pricing strategy being employed offlate.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:21:24 PM

First, sorry for the delay of delivery. Our design decision changed a lot during the last few months, resulting a unified new blade design which had also gone into many iterations.

The purchasers will all be fulfilled with new blades. And furthermore it won't be merely upgrades. They are extra.

I'm assuming by this you mean its not a trade in - it never was. The problem with just getting new blades now is they're worth (to us, and costs you) almost nothing. The promise assumed they would be worth 15-25 on delivery, NOT 2-4btc. That's 11-23 difference, small money for you, big money for us.
Of course we will bear the deprecation based on hashrate increase caused by our delay in mind. The later it is, the more hashrate it will be.

Then we kindly await future updates. As in the OP, this thread is more about a reminder with the community as witnesses than pitchforks and flaming torches.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:23:23 PM

+1 to dogie.
This is a sad day for the people who supported ASICMINER initially. I was part of the B3 auction who paid 50BTC / blade.
They never ROI'ed.

Even with the new price of 3.5Btc per blade for returning customers, these blades don't seem to ROI.
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/d0775c4b7b

@Friedcat : When you replied to my PM earlier this week, i was expecting something better. You have let us down this time.
So much for taking our chances and vetting on ASICMINER

noone promised ROI within 3 months. that's just your personal assumption. in fact with so many participants how can anyone GUARANTEE roi without opening themselves up to horrible ramifications? you got what you ordered, on time. and you are complaining why? compared to other ASIC purchasers you should be grateful.  what AM has to do is deliver when promised what they promise and that's what they did

Yes. Am not complaining. Am quoting the fact. As you said, we received what we were promised. But so did others who brought USB's at 2.00 BTC and 1 BTC. Then why offer them coupons and not compensate us (blade buyers) who invested many times more than them.

I agree with you and i have been a strong supporter of friedcat all through. Am a shareholder as well and continue to invest in ASICMINER.
But i just wanted to point out the flaw in the pricing strategy being employed offlate.

The debate isn't about ROI, its that as part of the sales package we were promised upgrades which as of yet have yet to appear.

erem

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:50:25 PM

First, sorry for the delay of delivery. Our design decision changed a lot during the last few months, resulting a unified new blade design which had also gone into many iterations.

The purchasers will all be fulfilled with new blades. And furthermore it won't be merely upgrades. They are extra.

Do I understand correctly that purchasers of B1-B3 will be given extra unit?

sahkan

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:26:31 PM

Yes, we get the free USB stick by X-mas.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 07:57:20 PM

Nothing confirmed until its actually announced, but no.

No, thats just a lie

sahkan

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:41:02 PM

No, thats just a lie
It's not a lie. It's an expectation.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 10:35:38 PM

Bump for new blades being announced. Rack of 10 seems fair for b1 Wink Not sure what to do for B2+ seeing as there are no new component boards. Free blade for those as well?

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:43:34 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 02:33:09 AM by Noitev

Bump for new blades being announced. Rack of 10 seems fair for b1 Wink Not sure what to do for B2+ seeing as there are no new component boards. Free blade for those as well?

I like freebies. b2+ gets 1 and you get 10?, can't we make it an even 5-5 Tongue I sold my asicminer shares at 1.1 to buy in b2 only for it to kill me in the end. :/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 01:45:50 AM

I like freebies. b2+ gets 1 and you get 10, can't we make it an even 5-5 Tongue I sold my asicminer shares at 1.1 to buy in b2 only for it to kill me in the end. :/
B1 had the promise of replacement blades - when they were worth something. B2+ had replacement power delivery and ethernet cards, but obviously those don't exist any more. I've got 1*B1, 2*B2s and 2*B3+s.

quest

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:42:02 PM

Any update on the "extra's for the auctioned blades?
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:29:00 PM

I anticipate something like 0.4 BTC coupon and a free usbminer (since he said it was going to be a free upgrade.) it would follow the trend.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

76BTC in june !!!

OMG...what a assrape !!!

no ROI...never...
All in the Friedcat pocket (he love suckers miners )

What a joke...

Please wake up guys !
Don't be fooled like that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7-QJGVdM4

testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:59:31 AM

I dunno why everyone is shocked that they wouldn't roi...those prices were always ridiculous.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:02:33 AM

All ASICMiner Erupter Blades sold in batches [B1, B2, B3, B3+] were promised free upgrades. B2-B3+ were promised new power modules and ethernet controllers. B1 more importantly were promised free upgrades of the entire blades. These new blades were meant to arrive pretty sharpish, although in a later PM friedcat then delayed that to 1-3 months from the start of June [Ie July to end of August].

Well the new blade design is released. The new blade doesnt have a seperate power and ethernet controller. I guess that means that b2 and b3 buysers wont receive new power and ethernet controllers. (because they havent been upgraded and do no longer exist)

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 09:17:12 AM

All ASICMiner Erupter Blades sold in batches [B1, B2, B3, B3+] were promised free upgrades. B2-B3+ were promised new power modules and ethernet controllers. B1 more importantly were promised free upgrades of the entire blades. These new blades were meant to arrive pretty sharpish, although in a later PM friedcat then delayed that to 1-3 months from the start of June [Ie July to end of August].

Well the new blade design is released. The new blade doesnt have a seperate power and ethernet controller. I guess that means that b2 and b3 buysers wont receive new power and ethernet controllers. (because they havent been upgraded and do no longer exist)

I am aware of that, hence I proposed an alternative.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 09:17:43 AM

I dunno why everyone is shocked that they wouldn't roi...those prices were always ridiculous.
Auto ignore, congrats.

quest

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:08:24 AM

New blades are sold and still no update on this for batch 1-3 buyers.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 05:04:42 PM

Boo Sad

xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:04:01 PM

some people just shouldnt be allowed to buy mining equipment... if you dont understand how it works... keep sitting on the sidelines please...   ASICMINER  delivers in a timely manner,  and the products do what they say they will do....   dont get mad because you think you overpaid for something.... you had the option of not buying it.... no one held a gun to you and made you purchase did they?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: