Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @Friedcat: A forgotten promise?  (Read 11718 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:28:33 PM

Seems like quite a it of whining from a lot o people that purchased the auction blades BEFORE any promises was made. Did you buy a product expecting later compensation?

How about not buying a product and expecting some kind of magic 100% guarantee to be able to mine for a month and then resell it on eBay.
Another guy who can't read, already on my ignore list. All B1-B3+ blades were sold WITH the promise of replacements.

Back to your hole now.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quest

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:44:59 PM

I hope that we don't have pay for the extra unit
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:14:33 AM

Can only listen to sexual healing so many times Sad

quest

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:23:45 PM

@ friedcat any timeframe for the blades for early customers  Huh .
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:24:57 AM

@ friedcat any timeframe for the blades for early customers  Huh .
Even for nothing more so I can keep the 600 post setup thread updated for the new models...

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:12:53 AM

After seeing the power consumption on the Bitfury rigs these can't even compete. If I was you I would just move on with more efficient technology and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:31:14 AM

After seeing the power consumption on the Bitfury rigs these can't even compete. If I was you I would just move on with more efficient technology and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
.... we bought something, we've not received it. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:06:05 AM

.... we bought something, we've not received it. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?
Stockholm syndrome or something similar to it, I would suppose.  Miners 'round these parts have suffered many abuses from many mining equipment companies.

On topic, I have no stake in this particular complaint, but to-date I held friedcat and ASICMiner in high regard.  It is disconcerting to see them ignoring some of their most important customers.  It was these early auction customers that established the market price for ASICMiner's hardware, and consequently fueled the continued rise of their dividends and stock price.  It seems unwise to ignore them now.  Again, I don't own any of their auctioned blades, but regardless share your concern and would like to see friedcat make their customers whole.

In a related event, friedcat recently offered heavily discounted coupons for early USB stick customers (like myself).  It was, of course, not strictly necessary and seemed to be a rather gracious gesture on their part, for which many of us were excited and grateful.  However, ASICMiner initially only shipped a fraction of the discounted quantities, leaving us waiting a few weeks before the rest were shipped.  By the time I received all of my discounted sticks (through a group buy), friedcat had already dropped the wholesale price to match the "discount."  While not dishonest, it was completely disappointing and really, in my opinion, destroyed the goodwill I assume it was intended to generate.  Especially so, given ASICMiner's golden track record previously.

I want to hope that ASICMiner simply got caught off-guard by the emergence of so many competitors, causing them to scrap their 2nd gen chips and move directly to 28nm.  This would explain friedcat's lack of attention of communication lately, as such a rapid shift would leave everyone at ASICMiner exceedingly busy and stressed.  One can only hope...

wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:15:02 AM

No I get it, let me recap:

You made a high risk purchase from a guy you don't know in another country named Friedcat. At the time the product was grossly over priced but you bought it anyway. At a later time you realised you got ripped off and so did others. This upstanding unknown individual you don't know named as Friedcat promised to give you compensation for burning you the first time and surprisingly hasn't followed through yet!

Lucky for you, you were able to off load the units to others making back your money, phew that was a close one! When you sold the blades I am assuming the "6 month warranty" was transferred as well as the ownership of the equipment. The status of the rip off rebate and who it should belong too I guess is debatable.

So after what I assume were diplomatic efforts to resolve your problem you opened this thread to bring about awareness to your plight and to help fellow miners who were caught up on this. Since these efforts didn't work out did you think rehashing the issue across multiple threads dragging the persons name through the mud for good reason or not is going to accomplish any good? I know you are trying to raise awareness and put pressure on him but it's time to let go.

Look. I bought early blades also and underestimated the difficulty increases. I'm out a bunch of cash now and am looking for work on the side to break even. It sucks but you have to take your lumps, learn from it and move on.

I don't dispute that you try to be a helpful part of the community and you created an excellent DIY as well which is a great public service which I'm sure many people appreciate.

Good luck with your plight I feel your pain
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:19:35 AM

No I get it, let me recap:

You made a high risk purchase from a guy you don't know in another country named Friedcat. At the time the product was grossly over priced but you bought it anyway. At a later time you realised you got ripped off and so did others. This upstanding unknown individual you don't know named as Friedcat promised to give you compensation for burning you the first time and surprisingly hasn't followed through yet!

Lucky for you, you were able to off load the units to others making back your money, phew that was a close one! When you sold the blades I am assuming the "6 month warranty" was transferred as well as the ownership of the equipment. The status of the rip off rebate and who it should belong too I guess is debatable.

So after what I assume were diplomatic efforts to resolve your problem you opened this thread to bring about awareness to your plight and to help fellow miners who were caught up on this. Since these efforts didn't work out did you think rehashing the issue across multiple threads dragging the persons name through the mud for good reason or not is going to accomplish any good? I know you are trying to raise awareness and put pressure on him but it's time to let go.

Look. I bought early blades also and underestimated the difficulty increases. I'm out a bunch of cash now and am looking for work on the side to break even. It sucks but you have to take your lumps, learn from it and move on.

I don't dispute that you try to be a helpful part of the community and you created an excellent DIY as well which is a great public service which I'm sure many people appreciate.

Good luck with your plight I feel your pain
Stopped reading after the first paragraph and ignored you. No, you don't get it. It is absolutely fucking NOTHING to do with price.

psjw4450

Activity: 342

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:17:49 PM

Some people are so brainless.  They are not understanding that friedcat hasn't fullfilled his end of the bargain for the first few batches of blades.  Would you not try and collect money if it was owed to you.   Its the same concept. 
quest

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:57:33 PM

Some people are so brainless.  They are not understanding that friedcat hasn't fullfilled his end of the bargain for the first few batches of blades.  Would you not try and collect money if it was owed to you.   Its the same concept. 

Agreed
wonko

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:18:19 PM

Just be patient, I would prefer to wait a little bit and get gen2 hardware from friedcat than get gen1 right now.  He already said in this thread that he'll uphold his promise and the longer he waits the more he'll give us.
quest

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:52:41 PM

Just be patient, I would prefer to wait a little bit and get gen2 hardware from friedcat than get gen1 right now.  He already said in this thread that he'll uphold his promise and the longer he waits the more he'll give us.

If he keeps his promise, then it is ok to wait (but not to long  Wink ) for gen2 hardware.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 04:54:25 PM

Just be patient, I would prefer to wait a little bit and get gen2 hardware from friedcat than get gen1 right now.  He already said in this thread that he'll uphold his promise and the longer he waits the more he'll give us.

If he keeps his promise, then it is ok to wait for gen2 hardware.
I'll settle for a GTR

quest

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:57:15 PM

I have send fiedcat a pm asking fo the timeframe.
underachiever

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:45:05 AM

Were these 'batches' just the initial auctions?  Are non-auction, direct purchases made in May included in this too?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:59:27 AM

Were these 'batches' just the initial auctions?  Are non-auction, direct purchases made in May included in this too?

Can you link to the sales thread? I've only mentioned B1-B3+ because were definitely confirmed.

quest

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:32:51 AM

I don't understand why it takes so long. Fiedcat can just send early customers like 10 new blades  Wink and the problem is solved.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:34:35 AM

I have send fiedcat a pm asking fo the timeframe.

This is the response I received.  Can't say I understand it, but it sounds like September 16 there will be more info or a new post to clarify:  

Hi,

Here is the timeline:

Now - continuously supply of block erupter USBs
September 16 - restocking of new blades
October 7 - releasing of newer products

We would compensate with new blades or a combination of the above three. But anyhow we will start compensating(collecting information and shipping) at September 16.

Best regards,

friedcat
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: