Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] Dealcoin Official Thread  (Read 14575 times)
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:56:53 PM

I plan to buy good luck in this!  Cool
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldbridger

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 01:10:10 PM

I plan to buy good luck in this!  Cool

Thank you klee.
 Cheesy
Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:02:34 PM

I like this idea, and I am definitely going to invest some BTC into this, but I have a quick question.

I love Bitcoin, but I live in an area where face to face transactions simply aren't feasible, and I don't think they ever will be.

For example, Craigslist, which is a household name, and far more proliferant than Bitcoin is not even very active in my area.

My question is this - Does your proposal do anything to help me, and people like me in rural areas where face-to-face transactions between users may not be viable?

Hello Ninshatamoto, that's a good question. We'd love to help people in remote areas access BTC trading in an efficient manner. We understand that in rural areas, proximity between members can be an issue. Cash trades are not always an option. Not all trades on Dealcoin need to be made face-to-face; buyers and sellers can choose to send money via a wire transfer or any other form of payment. Although Dealcoin does not intervene in the wire transfer of the fiat currency, we intend to offer an BTC escrow service to provide additional security to our members. If you have further ideas on to how we can provide better services to rural areas, we welcome your input. Smiley

Great answer.  I'm sold.
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 10:57:53 PM

Great answer.  I'm sold.

Thank you Ninshatamoto
Cheesy
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:06:32 PM

so.... if this is a beta test, where do I make bug reports?

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 02:36:23 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 02:58:39 PM by worldbridger

so.... if this is a beta test, where do I make bug reports?

For all bug reports, please email support[at]dealco.in
Thanks
Smiley
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

I hardly find a valuation @ $150k 'aggressive' these days specially for digital enterprises an $150k valuation is not what investors would consider 'aggressive'if you also consider the fact that I am giving away 40% of the company in the first listing with a 1% guaranteed monthly dividend…

Is that guaranteed dividend also the maximum dividend? Apparently so from your prospectus:

Dividend Policy

DEALCO will pay a 1% fixed monthly dividend in accordance with the exchange rules and practices based on the 0.01 BTC listing price (0.0001 BTC/month/unit). The dividend will begin on October 31st, 2013 and continue for a period of two years.

Prior to the end of the two year period, Dealcoin will inform DEALCO unit holders of the new dividend policy to be defined at the time.

For a start-up bitcoin company that isn't a great best-case-scenario maximum return. Sad

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

I hardly find a valuation @ $150k 'aggressive' these days specially for digital enterprises an $150k valuation is not what investors would consider 'aggressive'if you also consider the fact that I am giving away 40% of the company in the first listing with a 1% guaranteed monthly dividend…

Is that guaranteed dividend also the maximum dividend? Apparently so from your prospectus:

Dividend Policy

DEALCO will pay a 1% fixed monthly dividend in accordance with the exchange rules and practices based on the 0.01 BTC listing price (0.0001 BTC/month/unit). The dividend will begin on October 31st, 2013 and continue for a period of two years.

Prior to the end of the two year period, Dealcoin will inform DEALCO unit holders of the new dividend policy to be defined at the time.

For a start-up bitcoin company that isn't a great best-case-scenario maximum return. Sad

Well you also have to factor in the potential appreciation of the stock
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:55:21 AM

But why would the price appreciate much? Potential buyers will compare Dealcoin's return with those being returned by other securities.

I'm not sure why this 1% monthly maximum was set. Why couldn't dividends rise when profits do?

I wish Dealcoin the best of luck and hope it works out for them, but I don't see the risk/reward being worth it for an investor as the rules have been laid out.

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:15:50 AM

But why would the price appreciate much? Potential buyers will compare Dealcoin's return with those being returned by other securities.

I'm not sure why this 1% monthly maximum was set. Why couldn't dividends rise when profits do?

I wish Dealcoin the best of luck and hope it works out for them, but I don't see the risk/reward being worth it for an investor as the rules have been laid out.

Well a 12% annual return in dividends can be a lot or vey little, depending on which angle you a re looking at it from. For a mining stock, it is very poor as it is an extremely fast-moving and therefore often short-lived market. On the other hand, this can be seen as a long-time enterprise which doesn't depend at all on mining technologies, difficulty increases, etc.

Normally start-ups in the "real world" don't pay out any dividends at the beginning, focusing this way in growth rather than fast returns. It is now up to each investor to decide for himself if he/she prioritizes fast returns vs. long-term business.

P.S. I do agree that the door should be left open for possible future dividend increases in case the company has made enogh profits. However, this should be submitted to investor voting.
Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:39:20 AM

Well a 12% annual return in dividends can be a lot or vey little, depending on which angle you a re looking at it from. For a mining stock, it is very poor as it is an extremely fast-moving and therefore often short-lived market. On the other hand, this can be seen as a long-time enterprise which doesn't depend at all on mining technologies, difficulty increases, etc.

Normally start-ups in the "real world" don't pay out any dividends at the beginning, focusing this way in growth rather than fast returns. It is now up to each investor to decide for himself if he/she prioritizes fast returns vs. long-term business.

P.S. I do agree that the door should be left open for possible future dividend increases in case the company has made enogh profits. However, this should be submitted to investor voting.

I think that a shift towards a more realistic (12%) ROI for investors will be a good sign that the Securities sector of Bitcoin has come to reality, and that the market is healthy.
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 10:52:40 AM

Is that guaranteed dividend also the maximum dividend?

Hello TsuyokuNaritai

1% is the minimum monthly dividend guaranteed over the first 2 years as per our IPO prospectus. It is not the maximum.
As Dealcoin starts turning profits, we will review this dividend policy and we may increase it before the end of the 2 year period.
worldbridger

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 11:05:43 AM

Hi thehun, You're absolutely right. Regular start-ups don't usually pay out any dividends in the early days. DealCoin is focused on growing a long term business Smiley
We're starting with 1% monthly dividend and we're absolutely keeping the door open for possible dividend increases once the company makes sufficient profits.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 12:46:22 PM

We perform due diligence on our listed companies which exceeds any other exchange and do not allow just anyone to list, which sets us apart.

The Labcoin passthru will be maintained and operated by Havelock Investments. Havelock Investments has not performed any due diligence on the underlying asset and individuals involved in managing Labcoin.

Just sayin'.

(Nitpicking aside, I do trust Havelock more than BTC-TC and BitFunder.)

This IPO sounds interesting, although regarding the service itself, I'm in the same boat as Ninshatamoto -- I live in a city of ~200k people, and there is exactly one local seller on localbitcoins.com.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
xchrisxsays

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:10:15 PM

+1

The Bitcoin securities world is OBSESSED with dividends, it is really annoying. Good luck today!
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 02:16:41 PM

We perform due diligence on our listed companies which exceeds any other exchange and do not allow just anyone to list, which sets us apart.

The Labcoin passthru will be maintained and operated by Havelock Investments. Havelock Investments has not performed any due diligence on the underlying asset and individuals involved in managing Labcoin.

Just sayin'.

(Nitpicking aside, I do trust Havelock more than BTC-TC and BitFunder.)

This IPO sounds interesting, although regarding the service itself, I'm in the same boat as Ninshatamoto -- I live in a city of ~200k people, and there is exactly one local seller on localbitcoins.com.

Hi Nubbins, I see what you're saying but to clarify, LABCO is passthru fund on Havelock (official listing is on BTC-TC).  So we perform the due diligence on such funds themselves (easy on the Labcoin PT since we manage it) and not on the underlying assets as we don't have the same access to the managers/owners that we would if listed through us.  The way we look at it, its when a major exchange lists an ETF or mutual fund.  They look at the fund's structure, management etc but don't necessarily dig into each underlying asset that the fund may invests in. 

That being said, it is something we have debated internally and reviewed periodically.  Do we want passthru funds on Havelock?  The added investing options and demand for the underlying assets from our users have so far made passthru funds worthwhile.  Cheers.

KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

+1

The Bitcoin securities world is OBSESSED with dividends, it is really annoying. Good luck today!

While this is true, the rationale behind it holds up. Investing into a new Bitcoin-specific company in 2013 demands the investor take on considerable risk that simply does not exist in the fiat investment world of Stocks. There are other risks you incur by owning fiat-denominated stocks that do not represent Crypto however that is for another discussion.

Dividends in the crypto world act as a mitigating factor to the investors risk profile. Couple this with the reality of several Bitcoin-specific companies launching weekly and soon daily, there is only so much liquid ฿ to soak up the tidal wave of assets coming to market. I expect new companies entering into the Crypto arena will have to consider this reality before finalizing their prospectus. The market demands something in return for the 'Wild West' environment involved so early on in Crypto.

Now...

BRING ON THE IPO BABY!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO Grin
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:45:13 PM

Why would that be a bad thing?
because dividends (especially as high as 75% of net profit, something we've somehow come to expect in Bitcoinlandia) mean the company isn't investing as much as it could for growth. While this may be great for short-term bursts for the shareholder, it's detrimental to the company, since growth is now limited to profits minus dividends.

While I certainly enjoy the high dividend yields currently available, the landscape MUST necessarily change to something more reasonable, or the companies throwing their returns back at investors will choke on their self-imposed slower pace of innovation and adaptation. Certainly 1% is a huge jump down, I think there's room for more than that in the current environment, to be frank, but a reasonable dividend amount is certainly closer to 1% than it is to 75%.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:01:54 PM

Bought!! Let the party start  Cool
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:03:03 PM

Hi Nubbins, I see what you're saying but to clarify, LABCO is passthru fund on Havelock (official listing is on BTC-TC).  So we perform the due diligence on such funds themselves (easy on the Labcoin PT since we manage it) and not on the underlying assets as we don't have the same access to the managers/owners that we would if listed through us.  The way we look at it, its when a major exchange lists an ETF or mutual fund.  They look at the fund's structure, management etc but don't necessarily dig into each underlying asset that the fund may invests in. 

That being said, it is something we have debated internally and reviewed periodically.  Do we want passthru funds on Havelock?  The added investing options and demand for the underlying assets from our users have so far made passthru funds worthwhile.  Cheers.

Noted and understood. Sorry for giving you guys a hard time about that in this and other threads; I agree that there are both pros and cons to hosting PTs. That said, I think you're providing a valuable service, and doing a great job.

And we're off to the races!

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: