Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018?  (Read 1119 times)
Digital Mutant (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:18:04 AM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:35:06 AM

2018 has just started so I think we can't really tell yet whether it's going to be 'stable' or not. Bitcoin has been dropping so much this month, but I think it's expected because this is what always happend in the beginning of the year.

Personally, I think bitcoin will stay at it's place right now, and it won't be rising significantly like before anymore. The reason is, in my opinion, because of altcoins. Altcoins are really famous now and people tend to put their investment fund on altcoins / ICO now instead of bitcoin. So basically, I think it's because of altcoins are the new 'hype' changing bitcoin therefore bitcoin is not rising as much as before anymore.

Regarding the market manipulations, I believe yes, some elite group who hold a lot SUM of bitcoin must be manipulating the price every once in a while. It's really inevitable in my opinion.
ChrisSand

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:39:04 AM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:13:44 AM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.

Yes, bitcoin is not stable at the movement instead it is under pressure to go down some more if this bearish market continues for a longer period. The main reason for this bearish market is all governments want to regulate this market and they want to track the money flowing into crypto markets but as of now they do not know how to do it so they are targetting crypto exchanges.

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

I don't think prices are down due to any manipulation by big whales.

I don't know about others but I'm now holding more coins than last year because I bought more in this down market.
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:31:10 AM

Lol. its only January so wait and see, I thought after 1/2 month it will rising again, you never juzz quickly, cause it is bitcoin, and you see before how bitcoin rising,

MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:53:55 AM

Well January hasn't even passed yet, so it's hard to make that kind of statement for 2018.

I think some of it has to do with the fact that some FUD got thrown around in Korea. If u remember during bitcoin's pumps in late 2017, the market was driven in a large part by Korea. Basically, everyone and their grandmothers were buying BTC, Ripple, ETH. Then recently, news media in Korea started throwing around FUD, and it got rid of weak hands/ newbie investors (one reason why price dropped). Now it seems like people in bitcoin are in it for the long run, which is why we haven't seen 5k jumps in like we saw last year.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

First of all it is not that stable. We have been crawling down from 15k to 10 and now we are at 11k. The key factor is that nothing happens around Bitcoin (ofcourse exapt FUD). We still have big transaction fees цшep uncertainty about when this will end. Changes of the market cap of the cryptomarket says that if  people did not sell their BTC for fiat then they are hodling like crazy. It seems like Right now bitcoin is waiting for a new start, that is why it is stable.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:01:50 AM

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Because Fuds came's on it that's why we can see the price of bitcoins drop/stables, But we might gonna experience some pump happenings right now since I believe the fuds camp pass and many people forget it that's why we can see the market go live again and slowly regaining its rythm.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
caloriecoin

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

Whole of January was hopeless, if things do not improve by March end, we have to re-plan our strategies.
man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:14:33 AM

I compared the charts from the first 2 months of 2015, 2016, 2017 and now and recognized this is a natural correction. This happenend in every mentioned year before.
We should be thankful for a period in which the prices remain stable, since this is an important factor to become a real alternative to classic currencies.

The market though seems to enter a slightly bullish period now; i'm guessing we might see a new ATH by the end of february or beginning of march!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
StarterX

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:05:55 PM

i think it will rise again
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:16:58 PM

Now the market is on the correction after a prolonged growth in the autumn and winter of last year. After correction, there will be growth again. This is the standard situation for the market. There is no constant growth. Probably whales hold the price of bitcoin, that would be crammed with bitcoin before the price rises.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

Why you said the price is stable? Still the price of bitcoin swinging at 5% of its price everyday.So it is not considered as stability.But the price of bitcoin is settling between $11k and $12k but it won't last long.Soon there will be a price bump in the bitcoin price at the beginning of Feb or in late Feb.So I am buying more bitcoins now.
@DonFidel

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

It doesn't seem to me that the price is stable. We are trading in a range from $10.000 to $12.500, and it us really great - such volatility gives all the smart traders huge profits. A resistanse at $10k/btc is too strong to broke it.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:36:05 PM

Bitcoin is just going through many factors from FUD to Bans of exchanges, from Chinese new year to taxation phases of different countries and much more. I dot think that this is right time for everyone to invest into the bitcoin.

On major scale there exist only people who are very sacred to invest in such down fall and so we end up with the panic sells and stuff like that.

I don't think that there is any kind of pump and dump going on with the bitcoin, its impossible to do for bitcoin with such huge market capitalisation as that will need mega wallet with mega asset to achieve.

Honestly speaking bitcoin prices doesn't matter at all. We can always have it in the little chunks of Satoshi's so why would it bother white investing into it. :-) You can still enjoy the slice of it!

May be or may be not. Everyone here is free to choose the crypto and none of that depends on the bitcoin prices skyrocketing. People still believe in the bitcoin and they will always.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:58:40 PM

I dont have the reason to doubt in bitcoin since we know that it will going to rise up  again soon. Since we know that it is ban in other countries like China and Korea I think this is also the reason why bitcoin is  now in the stable stage in $10K-$11K. This is not bad after all instead this is opportunity for us to buy more. Those who do not buy today because they are afraid of what they think about bitcoin, all I want to say is dont regret soon.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:59:44 PM

I think it is still too early to say that Bitcoins price is stable this 2018 because the year has just started and it is still the first month of the year so I can't really compare yet its price to the coming months. However if I compare it from last year and this month, of course I would say the price had been stable around $10k-$12k or so because it hasn't move that much yet. And based on the recent years, Bitcoin has somewhat like a pattern every first month of the year so we will just have to wait for the right time and it will eventually increase its price soon.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:01:13 PM

2018 has essentially just begun and to say it's stable is a bit early IMO. Just last month is was 19.5k and within a month it was almost cut in half, is that stable?

There are not whales pumping and dumping IMO, if you look at the history of BTC, there has been some major percentage declines. BTC got ahead of itself between the 10k rise and 19.5k, too much too fast, even in the crypto market. It is in a consolidation phase after the 'correction' which is still not over from my analysis on the daily chart. BTC may still decline further as it is in a trading range with no specific up/down trend.

If BTC reaches 30k-50k, new people in the market will still be able to purchase with no problems. It's just that they will buy an incremental portion of BTC, like .00001

But just like the Gold / Silver market, people that cannot purchase 1 ounce of Gold at $1350 would rather purchase 1 ounce of Silver at $17.5.  So some people will be interested in LTC or another alt.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

Yes it is very stable indeed 20K to 10K  Cheesy I can't imagine bitcoin with a stable price. But it seems it will be more stable overtime.

300pips

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:14:52 PM

In forex we believe that whatsoever pump so fast, will fall later. I believe it is also applicable with Bitcoin. There is 50-50 chances for Bitcoin to dropped to $1000. But if Bitcoin has survive we can see Bitcoin at $100k before the bubble.

But once the whole Wall Street has invested in Bitcoin, expect the huge pump.

Google (http://www.google.com)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: