Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018?  (Read 1119 times)
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:40:17 PM

We are only entering the beginning of 2018 so it is very early to conclude that the value of bitcoin today is srable besides there still a fluctuations happening so I don't think this is really stable. As far as I know bitcoin become popular because of it's fluctuating value so I guess this will remain to happen and stability can no longer be a feature of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iRakic

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

The whole year is ahead of us, and the ride is really bumpy so far  Grin There is no real stability, but the price changes are affected by peoples beliefs, government attacks, bans and other speculations. Still, people are getting more involved in the whole crypto-world, so I believe that the price will get its stability  Smiley
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:47:35 PM

After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...
I just have one question for you,what you mean by a stable coin,in a general sense you would call something stable if the price is not moving much,but here the price variation even you are showing here is over a thousand dollars and you are still calling it a stable price,i call it a volatile valuation. Tongue
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:17:21 PM

you have an interesting definition of stable. mostly boring and occasionally scary is a better description.

this is a dead time of year always and all of crypto just had the most incredible run. parties ain't meant to last. many exchanges are still closed to new users. google searches have cooled off big time.

consolidation after what just happened is the best case scenario. i'm not sure whether we're gonna get it.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:48:16 PM

2018 has just started, and it's a bit early to say BTC price has been stable or unstable. That being said, I don't think we can call it stable right now. Many fluctuations in January, and every time it fluctuated the alts went down with it. We are only entering the beginning of 2018 so it is very early to conclude that the value of bitcoin today is srable besides there still a fluctuations happening so I don't think this is really stable. As far as I know bitcoin become popular because of it's fluctuating value so I guess this will remain to happen and stability can no longer be a feature of Bitcoin.
Comrade, it's still early in the year. There are still many things that can happen in 2018 with Bitcoin. We still do not know and can not predict what will happen in the future. So we still do not know about what Bitcoin prices will be stable in 2018 or not. I'm not expecting bitcoin prices to stay stable, because I want the price down when I collect Bitcoin, and I want the price to go up when I invest, hahaha. Someone said : Bitcoin was never stable to begin with. It takes the stairs up and takes the elevator right back down. It just so happens that price is consolidatiing after the dump since people are unsure of what might happen next.
Darmanin

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Glab Trotter

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:11:14 PM

it's only the beginning of the year, you have to be patient.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:07:33 PM
Merited by SparrowMano (1)

you have an interesting definition of stable. mostly boring and occasionally scary is a better description.

this is a dead time of year always and all of crypto just had the most incredible run. parties ain't meant to last. many exchanges are still closed to new users. google searches have cooled off big time.

consolidation after what just happened is the best case scenario. i'm not sure whether we're gonna get it.

A very very strange definition of stable, it's been nothing but stable. The price has probably changed more in terms of swings in this month than most others. Right now it's fairly stable but that's because of the consolidation and that a bottom seems to have been found.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:15:04 PM

maybe you have another definition of "Stability" cause I can't seem to agree with that, maybe we're just used to bitcoin prices surging like crazy like the other year. But todays market still shows sign of volatility though it's not the same as last year but we're just still in 1st quarter of 2018, so we can't be sure what lies in the future.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

A very very strange definition of stable, it's been nothing but stable. The price has probably changed more in terms of swings in this month than most others. Right now it's fairly stable but that's because of the consolidation and that a bottom seems to have been found.
It is not that stable as people are thinking in fact the price of bitcoin really fluctuates now, and we don't have a concrete date when it will rise again, but it doesn't matter since a month has just passed so we are looking forward for a good start this coming month as someone said that it is already predicted that it would come up rise this coming month.
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:19:25 AM

LoL - it is the first time that someone calls Bitcoin's price "stable".  Cheesy
What's happening now is a consolidation of the price. Weak hands are selling, strong hands are buying and the process is in equilibrium, so that the price remains quite stable. Until it will break up either to the upside ot the downside.
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:34:56 AM

It has only been a month so we can't really talk about its stability. Infact, it is gonna be very unstable at certain time of the year. Prices will rise to sky high and then they will drop like never before.
@DonFidel

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

It has only been a month so we can't really talk about its stability. Infact, it is gonna be very unstable at certain time of the year. Prices will rise to sky high and then they will drop like never before.

I hope the bitcoin price won't drop lower than 10K, otherwise it might be a tragedy for newcomers
carter937

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:37:28 AM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?
We can see that by the end of 2017 the price of bitcoin has skyrocketed to $ 20,000, but only in the beginning of 2018 has the bitcoin price dropped to nearly 50 percent, hovering around $ 9,000- $ 15,000. We all know that in early 2018 Bitcoin signed a futures contract, which I think is precisely the reason why the price of bitcoin is stable at this level. I know bitcoin is preparing for the next futures contract.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:48:58 AM

We can say that it is so volatile not so stable. Also volatility means profit in here for day traders. For long term investors in is below 20k so I know there are a lot of people who bought btc around 16k.
This means these people should wait a little bit more than a few months at least to have their USD same with when they bought..
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:15:59 AM

These are the aftereffects of major correction that had happen early this month.The investors are afraid and confuse whether to invest or to sell what they have.This situation is not only for bitcoin but dip has an adverse effect on every possible alt.There has been a panic situation all around and due to this lack of transactions the prices are at hold and it is not at all a great news but I am sure situation will only get better from now on and we will again see the domination of bitcoin on cryptoworld.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

So it will better to buy right now. Let them sell all their coins and I hope they regret it afterwards.
I believe in holdinhg it. Somehow there will be a big pump this year.

About the stability.
We just got used to a higher number of pumps and dumps and now we are thinking it is already in moderation.
But it is not. 300-400 dollars is a lot of movement.

Yes, the price is quite a bit stable between 10K to 13K and keep between this range. I have heard from many sources and almost every one say that bitcoin will be 100,000K or even more value this year. So if this is true and it really happens, then this price of only 12K *current price" is a very good price to but a lot of bitcoins. Its still cheap if you compare it with 50 - 100K range.
Between $10,000 and $13,000 is not meaning actual stable. The fluctuation of $3000 must be big and definitely get anyone big losses if they fail to predict the fluctuations correctly as 30% of oscillation cannot be classified as a stable prices. I'm not expecting bitcoin prices to stay stable in next to hundred years so it will be too yearly to call bitcoin prices stable in this year. We are in connection phase of recent huge rally so we cannot expect another rarely in more quicker time.

After bitcoin prices are reaching to previous high levels we can expect what we have experienced the in the past. I mean to say the volatility of bitcoin prices will come into action when bitcoin will be starting its another round of rally.
The market price of bitcoin can never be stable and that it will continue to change irrespective of the time and year. In the present year, the market value of bitcoin has never been stable. In fact, it kept on changing most of the times and still it is increasing very much significantly.

The volatile nature of bitcoin will never make this bitcoin having some stable market value. In fact, it will keep on fluctuating most of the time.
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

The price of bitcoin is not clearly stable in the past 30 days the price of bitcoin up and down, i dont know what is happen the price of bitcoin in the market. I think due to panic selling or low supply in the market.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:23:04 AM

I think there is not much thing happen in bitcoin trading recently so it makes the price of bitcoin not moves in high volatile.
Many people waiting for good time to act in bitcoin trading since last 2 weeks, price of bitcoin is bearish.
ladner

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:30:39 AM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
I see the bitcoin is increasingly stable, you see the price of bitcoin is only moving in the infinitely small as high as 10%. Show that bitcoin is at the threshold that we can buy, this is our chance, you probably know bitcoin has time up to $ 20,000 and I believe the bitcoin value is even higher that too.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:32:47 PM

So it will better to buy right now. Let them sell all their coins and I hope they regret it afterwards.
I believe in holdinhg it. Somehow there will be a big pump this year.

About the stability.
We just got used to a higher number of pumps and dumps and now we are thinking it is already in moderation.
But it is not. 300-400 dollars is a lot of movement.

Yes, the price is quite a bit stable between 10K to 13K and keep between this range. I have heard from many sources and almost every one say that bitcoin will be 100,000K or even more value this year. So if this is true and it really happens, then this price of only 12K *current price" is a very good price to but a lot of bitcoins. Its still cheap if you compare it with 50 - 100K range.
Between $10,000 and $13,000 is not meaning actual stable. The fluctuation of $3000 must be big and definitely get anyone big losses if they fail to predict the fluctuations correctly as 30% of oscillation cannot be classified as a stable prices. I'm not expecting bitcoin prices to stay stable in next to hundred years so it will be too yearly to call bitcoin prices stable in this year. We are in connection phase of recent huge rally so we cannot expect another rarely in more quicker time.

After bitcoin prices are reaching to previous high levels we can expect what we have experienced the in the past. I mean to say the volatility of bitcoin prices will come into action when bitcoin will be starting its another round of rally.
It is not stable mate it continuously fluctuation but the fact is it is staying in between 10k to 13k but this time it will cross this barrier and people who are waiting for their profit since a lot of days their wait will be over soon and I am sure bitcoin will bless its every investor soon and those who haven’t bought yet have chance to buy it at some lower values at present so go and grab bitcoin and cash out in coming pump days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: