Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018?  (Read 1119 times)
kikoy999

Activity: 429
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:28:37 AM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?

That's what happened since january 2016 to january 2017 and that's what happened until now by the january of 2018 I can not explain how this happens but it also depends on providing bitcoin prices.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:16:54 AM

This is some kind of tradition when it comes to bitcoin.For the last few years,there has always been this kind of correction at the beginning of the year.For sure things will pick up soon and we ll be back to the moon.Fill your bags whilst you can.

Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:23:05 AM

The year of 2018 is just starting. No one can notice or know what may happen next and by that, we dont need to be worry. Because maybe one day or soon the price of bitcoin will get boom and rise up again.
rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:48:39 AM

This is normal cycle of bitcoin price, it so early for him pump up. We don't need to worry about it, we know bitcoin he will pump and double his price on november to december so just hodl and get ready.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 05:10:59 AM

I am expecting the price to remain in these levels at least for next couple of months from now. Then after the first quarter of this year, we will see sustainable growth, Unlike the reckless price rally that took place in the last quarter of the last year. The current price level is a result of the same price rally which brought the correction in the market and I appreciate it because it helps Bitcoin not only to stabilize its price but also to grow in the long run.
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:17:34 AM

The price is not stable, it is actually moving within the range of 11k-12k. Despite of the low price this should not cause panic, this is just the beginning of the year and more exciting things are yet to come.
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:36:12 AM

Because Big Trader taking rest from BTC for some day's. Also, Bitcoin baning & Regulation create a fear in Market.  Lot's of Traders are in big loss for recent drop. Maybe more reason can happen for BTC Stable. But it will definitely increase.
Makrochain

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:08:33 AM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?
We can see that by the end of 2017, the price of bitcoin has increased rapidly to $ 19,800, but by the beginning of 2018, the price of a bitcoin has fallen by nearly 50% to $ 11,000 at the present time. only delivery. That's about $ 2,000. I think the price of this bitcoin is stable due to the popularity of bitcoin as well as its utility being spread throughout the country. In addition, bitcoin issued by Korea and China with strict policies also makes investors cautious.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:49:06 PM

Stable? I do not see any stability on the market of crypto. Bitcoins (and alts) are constantly go up and down, and it is the time to stay away from BTC trading (temporary).
Ayamj

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:56:03 PM

True, bitcoin is stable but ethreum is just behaving like bitcoin wallet last year,
@DonFidel

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:02:59 PM

We are in the bottom. It's good time to buy now. It should start growing back
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:36:40 PM

This is some kind of tradition when it comes to bitcoin.For the last few years,there has always been this kind of correction at the beginning of the year.For sure things will pick up soon and we ll be back to the moon.Fill your bags whilst you can.

But in previous year in 2017, in very beginning months of 2017 the  bitcoin price was shoot up too much. If we review the whole 2017 we can that bitcoin price continue increasing its price throughout the year. We even see bitcoin price touching 19000$, and the same was expecting from the people but in 2018 everything is different and bitcoin price is trading in a very stable mood in 2018. But still hope that its price will get the accelerator and very soon we will see bitcoin price trading above 20000$.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:01:04 AM

There were a lot of FUD, impacting news, etc at the starting of this year which usually gave us the price which is more stable then the previous years. I guess, the price for bitcoins will again turn back to normal once everything is back to normal. Also most of the peoples have sold their coins in panic at the starting of the year as they came under the FUD that bitcoins will be banned soon, or they will run away or anything else. Also the government is trying to ban this decentralized currency which is usually causing the high flow of their centralized currency into the decentralized currency which does not give them the ability to track and apply taxation to that amount of funds stored in bitcoins.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:09:49 AM

I am not seeing any stability of bitcoin rather a bearish market of it. This I think is normal, last year this was also felt. Plus, we had been hearing news about the government's action against bitcoin so this factor would be affecting.
I see the bitcoin is increasingly stable, you see the price of bitcoin is only moving in the infinitely small as high as 10%. Show that bitcoin is at the threshold that we can buy, this is our chance, you probably know bitcoin has time up to $ 20,000 and I believe the bitcoin value is even higher that too.
This is not easy to find and buy bitcoin at cheap rates and if it is available at present, we should not miss this chance. Bitcoin is supposed to increase in value beyond expectations in the coming days and this is for sure that all experts are very much concerned about piling up bitcoin into their wallets these days for enjoying massive profits in the near future. Bitcoin is an amazing investment and hence it is proved by its phenomenon performance of last year.
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:22:07 AM

There were a lot of FUD, impacting news, etc at the starting of this year which usually gave us the price which is more stable then the previous years. I guess, the price for bitcoins will again turn back to normal once everything is back to normal. Also most of the peoples have sold their coins in panic at the starting of the year as they came under the FUD that bitcoins will be banned soon, or they will run away or anything else. Also the government is trying to ban this decentralized currency which is usually causing the high flow of their centralized currency into the decentralized currency which does not give them the ability to track and apply taxation to that amount of funds stored in bitcoins.
Since China and South Korea been in buzz this start of the year that makes newbies panic, well it was really the time to buy more ,it might be the first and the last dump of the year for bitcoin , I just think of it that way to inspire me to buy and hold more till bitcoin arise again.

alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

Too early to say that Bitcoin price is stable in 2018. It's the first month of the year, and we actually saw strong variations in the past few weeks.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:26:24 AM

People feel that bitcoin has rally so much in 2017 despite all the negativity and several fork trying to limit bitcoin growth. The saw bitcoin that was resilient and solid. I think people's confidence in bitcoin have grown to a point where bitcoin is consider as an asset both for now and especially for future.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:28:58 AM

we can`t state any theories for 2018 yet because we are in the first month of 2018 but the price has been same also in 2017 and that`s why they say btc is volatile.

Volatile is just characteristic of all cryptocurrency include bitcoin.
This volaite now is not so high maybe people decide to wait and see what bitcoin will do.
No big investor come into bitcoin also one of the reason.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:40:27 PM

Definitely not stable.

It's up and down by 10% weekly.

That's not stability
Bitcoin is not going to be stable for a long time but the context here is that bitcoin has been moving a lot less in the recent weeks, and that is correct but the reason for that is simple, there is not much reason for any kind of movement to happen, the bad news are not that bad, something that can only affect the price temporarily, and there has not been any kind of big good news either, that is why we are stuck in the 10k-11k range.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:51:51 PM

we can`t state any theories for 2018 yet because we are in the first month of 2018 but the price has been same also in 2017 and that`s why they say btc is volatile.

Volatile is just characteristic of all cryptocurrency include bitcoin.
This volaite now is not so high maybe people decide to wait and see what bitcoin will do.
No big investor come into bitcoin also one of the reason.
The conclusion is to wait a lot better, we can still open up opportunities to reach much higher bitcoin prices so we will get a sizeable profit. I am very confident that there will be an increase in bitcoin prices later, many people are predicting that bitcoin will surpass the highest level ever achieved in 2017. I want to be part of that bitcoin price increase and I want to take the best momentum I can get.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: