Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is bitcoin price so stable in 2018?  (Read 1119 times)
pissyas

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

What do you think is happening?

Is people hoding less their coins?

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

Which in your opinion are the main reasons?
We can see that bitcoin prices are rising incredibly and altcoin prices are going down dramatically. Bitcoin prices are recovering steady and steady, and you can see that more and more people are investing in bitcoins and bitcoins are not being dominated by a large number of bitcoin owners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:33:43 PM

I'd think with more mainstream adoption you would have a more stable Bitcoin price.  Regular people aren't able to trade in and out of things like most veteran crypto traders.  Or they just don't have the time to do so.  That's my guess on it.  I'm sure there are many more factors then that thou.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
ahasan909

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:38:15 PM

We saw bitcoin bull run in 2017 but now, as usual, we saw a dump like every year.its natural correction but as usual bitcoin price will head on 17k this coming month and then mid-year we will see another bull run.most probably 30k USD soon.
sausagedog

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:12:28 PM

Time to look at the basics.

You've a finite amount of this 'digital asset' which has come through ridiculous amounts of regulation and other negative impacts, an ever increasing amount of demand for it and accessibility improving all the time. I very much doubt this 'stability' will last long! Wink
Rainbow zip

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:19:10 PM

I don't think bitcoins price has been stable in 2018 the price fluctuations have been double digits multiple days in a row on a few occasions. However if you consider how quick the price rose from 6k to 20k being where it is now is pretty remarkable. But I don't know, if a coin is increasing if you take a longer term view would it still be classed as stable despite the huge short term fluctuations?
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

The reason why bitcoin price is so stable in two thousand eighteen (2018) because the price of bitcoin is not fix price to everyone and the demand of them invertors is getting higher
because of them company that very well known.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:10:08 AM

In my opinion, BTC stabilizes prices because there are so many other altcoin born, they have attracted some investors to hold them. Therefore, BTC has lost a large number of investors holding, selling and buying BTC market should not push up the price of BTC increased.
DonateBB

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:19:54 PM

You've a finite amount of this 'digital asset' which has come through ridiculous amounts of regulation and other negative impacts, an ever increasing amount of demand for it and accessibility improving all the time. I very much doubt this 'stability' will last long! Wink
The buying and selling of BTC is on an equal footing. Investors are trading all over the hours, because too many altcoin was born that made the price of BTC stable.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:45:07 PM

The buying and selling of BTC is on an equal footing. Investors are trading all over the hours, because too many altcoin was born that made the price of BTC stable.
Sorry to say, but I think you need to redefine your definition of stability because as far as I can see, this still is the most volatile asset on the face of earth. Bitcoin is a long way from becoming stable. Any market takes many years before it achieve stability and crypto currencies are yet in infancy. More and more people are getting aware of this coin and the investment is increasing.

PSL

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:58:16 PM

I think the thing is that the main growth of the crypto market has not begun. Personally, I try to keep my cryptocurrencies on the hardware wallet and just not look at the current prices. In a few years it will be possible to look and, as I hope, to be pleasantly surprised...
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:20:20 PM

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavour of the moment?

I feel that there are big players "pumping and dumping" in order to manipulate the market to stabilize price and "control" in a certain way the price fluctuation.

Obviously bitcoin is very dangerous for our old corrupted economy, don't you think that in acertain way there's an unusual stop of the past few months trend?
After reaching $20k there's a correction to $17k and then price stabilizes at 11-12k with mini-dips that last seconds before going uptrend...

In my opinion the key factor could be also that if bitcoin reaches $30-50k then it will be very difficult for newcomers to buy bitcoin for buying altcoins in the exchanges.

So that stabilizing the price to an affordable $10k for a while could be a way to engage more people to bitcoinworld.

Or maybe it's all ok, there's no manipuation, it is a stanby before the big run to $50k-100k. Then newcomers will start buying and trading in Ethereum or Litecoin, because at the moment there aren't exchanges accepting fiat money, you have to enter and buy your altcoins directly with cryptocurrencies...

I am not sure that stable is the right word to describe it mate. We are not even in the middle of the year and Bitcoin has already moved up and down about twice or trice in the past months. Whether little or big, whether for a couple of weeks or only for days, the fact is, it is showing movement, which shows that it's not stable just yet. It fell to 6.2k dollars last month and has risen to about 10k just weeks ago, so given that, we can't say that it has really been stable.
darsiderin

Activity: 364

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:42:18 PM

I think the thing is that the main growth of the crypto market has not begun. Personally, I try to keep my cryptocurrencies on the hardware wallet and just not look at the current prices. In a few years it will be possible to look and, as I hope, to be pleasantly surprised...
This surprise may be unpleasant. Many cryptocurrency in a few years will disappear altogether. We must constantly be aware of the events and monitor the price.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:50:04 PM

That's true, I think the stability is because of the fact that people in this market knows how to follow the trends and use it to their advantage unlike those earlier times when they are not sure of what will happen, and so, they are not also sure of what to do. But, having had the same movement and trend for years, it has taught many people on how to be patient and how to ride with the market to make it, ultimately, profitable to them. It's just a matter of experience and learning, which helps the market be more stable.

miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:55:49 PM

I find it not that stable,  the price was down few months ago and now the btc price is currently rising. I believe that the price will surely change anytime and may rise and fall again.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
jonathancool220

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:04:11 AM

Bitcoin has decreased but not drastically, because all of its crypto currency is just as it goes up and down.

could also, they exchange Altcoins with fiat and when it starts up, they buy again the Altcoins.

Is there more manipulation by big whales, speculators or big institutional investors trying to profit the flavor of the moment?
if I look at the charts and some telegram groups is true there is manipulation of whales, because its up and down in the direct it just like that.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:45:56 AM

The reason behind why bitcoin price so stable in the year of two thousand eighteen it
because the year of two thousand eighteen is in the more demand business in this industry because of their great performances to the past years that can improve their services.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

In my own opinion, there is no price manipulation in the market, the reason why cryptocurrency right now is dropping is because of people who are preferring to sell their coins more than investing or holding.

intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:45:40 PM

Actually it's not stable bitcoin has never been stable. It is always volatile sometimes it's weak and sometimes strong like a big deep and big high. It's depend of the demand. One thing I sure that bitcoin has never been stable.
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:55:10 PM

I believe you can also see that the bitcoin price is not stable, at present it can be seen that the market is bearish in the long term so it is very difficult to trade successfully. Bitcoin prices, although recovering slightly, may turn down sharply at any time. So you can believe that the market is in crisis and bitcoin prices will continue to fall deep in 2018.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:44:31 AM

What do you think is going on?
Market as usual during 2013-2018, you can see the price chart here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Do people prefer to reduce their coins?
I do not think so, because I still hold the Altocin I bought in January 2018

Are there more manipulations by large whales, speculators, or large institutional investors trying to take advantage of the sense of the moment?
I think there must be something like that, because when a company or group has a lot of Bitcoin, then they can raise and lower the price like they want it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: