Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Merit source application] Serbian local thread  (Read 143 times)
aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

As far as I am aware we don't have any merit sources as our active local thread users.
It would be good if we had multiple of them to avoid centralization and award only certain types of opinions on the thread.
In my opinion merits should be liquid and not being given extremely rarely.

That being said, I would like to apply as one.

I don't want to just quote local thread posts here, as I don't think most would understand what it was being talked about, but local posts are the main reason for this application. I also tried to be unique with the posts I picked.

1)
Pozdrav ekipo. Jel zna neko mozda koliko se isplati skupljati BTC i altcoine preko fauceta, igrica i slicno? I preko kojih sajtova mozemo da unovcimo to sto skupimo? Jel binance radi za nasu drzavu i kad se krene preko njega (tj. napravi neki dinar tamo, poveca stanje racuna) da li moze preko njega biti isplacen na paypal ili slicno i na koji nacin? Hvala unapred.

1. Za faucete nisam siguran ja sam odavno probao ako si zadovoljan za par dinara dnevno onda moze ali moje misljenje da se nemoze ziveti ali bicu iskren nisam 100% siguran mozda ima neki koji dobro placa.
2. Ako za nasu drzavu mislis Srbiji onda Binance moze jer su mene verifikovali poslao sam sliku pasosa Eps i info stan i dali mi verifikaciju mada pise da moze 2BTC dnevno skidanje bez verifikacije. Samo budi oprezan meni su 20tak hiljade verge ukrali na binance.

Za ostalo neka ti drugi ovde odgovore.

2)
Thanks.  Ok, here is the fix:

Just make sure to forward port 9735 to the host running lightningd and add --ipaddr <your public ip> to the lightningd command line.

If necessary add rpcport=8332 to bitcoin.conf and reboot.

3)
As fees are high right now and have been this way for quite some time now, it seems like Bitcoin is becoming very expensive to use for everyday stuff.
My worry is that it will stay this way at least until Bitcoin Core starts fully supporting segwit, which is supposed to be in May in version 0.16, if I am not mistaken?

-snip-

I am personally using it for 2 months already, the fee is usually $10 for amounts $1-$4,500 (haven't sent more), and I am always getting 3 confirmations within 15-40 minutes (the first confirmation is usually not later than 10 minutes), so Segwit is a GREAT solution, if all of us migrate to segwit wallets, btc transactions would become quick and cheap again! Though $10 minimum fee is sure not for micropayments, but it is a very nice fee for payments over $1,000.

4)
Guys, a lot of us make money on trading and sometimes there's an excess that you don't need. Do you think it's a good idea to donate part of the profits to charity? Whom would you suggest helping first?

I'd say help people in your local community, charity organisations often are not what they seem. They either have their own agenda, take huge cuts on what they receive in donations or are simply running a scam.

5)
Correct me if I know wrong.

I know the reason like this,

If some programmer want to revise the bitcoin source and after done, for test, he need to compile revised source to make new running file, -qt.exe

Is this right?

Thanks.

Not only for a test... It's also possible an individual doesn't trust the person who compiled the binaries. In this case, the individual can pull bitcoin's source from github, effectively vet the sourcecode completely, then compile his own binaries, not for testing purposed, but for real live production usage.
As a matter of fact, i usually compile the binaries myself....
6)
Hello folks, got a small question.

Let's imagine I create a PoW coin, there jump in 50 miners (so 50 nodes). What would happen if I want to update the code?

- Miners can refuse to update? (that would create a fork?)
If the code update doesn't require a hard fork, nodes can choose not to update and don't really lose anything because it will be backward compatible.
If it's a radical change that requires a hard fork (eg increasing the block size), then ALL nodes need to update or else they'll be cut off from the network and will be running a different blockchain entirely.

And what if my cryptocurrency updates automatically? [/quotes]
Updates to the code are implemented by updates to the node software, so people running nodes need to choose whether they'll update or not.

would this be correct? why isn't bitcoin doing this? (to avoid that miners refuse the update, or even remove the reward for nodes that are outdated, could this work?)

Thanks!
If you force nodes to update or be kicked out of the network that is equivalent to a hardfork.
Updates are usually backwards compatible so a person running an old version of a node can be interact with new nodes without great loss of functionality.
7)
How do you equate the value of women today?

Many women degrades womanity, how about you? how do you value a woman/yourself?

Being a female, I would say that the males usually respect the women who are having self-respect. I have hardly ever faced any sort of discrimination from the males. If you have the talent, then no one will be able to stop you. But if you don't have the talent, and is dependent on the affirmative action quota for the female gender, then not many males may be happy about it.
8 )
With only 20% left there's only so much that miners can mine with present day mining hardwares and it'll get slower and slower to mint new Bitcoins as the block rewards get smaller. This will eventually make Bitcoins rare to procure, making new coins less avialable to traders / buyers. Now this could eventually drive the price up sharply cause this would make Bitcoin like gold where there's limited supply of gold and more demand. Miner could hence profit just as much as they are now. This trend will continue till all Bitcoins have been mined and then they can only earn from fees for mining the blocks.
9)
"The director of German's central bank believes that bitcoin should be regulated through an international set of rules rather than on a national scale."

Does bitcoin need to be regulated in a global scale?

No, as that will remove one of the most important parts and principles of Bitcoin which is decentralization. Once you introduce a set of rules to Bitcoin, you have to have some kind of organization or group of people regulating those rules. When you have that, it's essentially a government that controls bitcoin's moves. Bitcoin was made so that people could use it anonymously and without having to worry about inflation/deflation from a centralized agency. In fact, if that agency ends up being scammers or people who are not true to Bitcoin, you'd end up with a true mess in your hands.
10)
As far as charitable giving in the crypto space, there’s the Pineapple Fund, but he has disabled new applications at the moment. www.pineapplefund.org. It’s good to see that someone is donating massive amounts of Bitcoin to charities, and I’d like to see more acts like this.

There are also several altcoins that were solely created for charitable giving, such as CoExistCoin and KrossCoin. I’m sure there are a few others.

I think the major problem with charities, not just ones who would potentially accept crypto, is the lack of transparency. I, myself, will never again donate to Red Cross because of it.

Not a plug, but I am on the board of a non-profit in the third world country that I live in, and we publish financial statements every single quarter and every single year. I’m currently in the process of creating and integrating crypto wallets into the website, and hope to use blockchain technology and historical data to be able to provide transparency for every crypto donation, as well as every time the crypto is exchanged to fiat in order to use for the charity. There are some tax implications that is slowing the process down, but I want to ensure that we are by the book, so until the day comes when we can legally accept crypto, I won’t be sharing any addresses for donations.

I really do wish more charities will step up, but if I may be honest, I feel that if charities are savvy enough to accept crypto donations, then they are probably inclined to pay for the web developer’s services for including crypto donation options as a method of receiving funds. Just another unnecessary expense, in my opinion, that detracts from using funds for their intended purpose of the charity’s mission.

OP, please let me know what you discover. I’m looking for a charity (besides my own) to give back to for 2018, and am interested to see what you come up with!

There are a lot of local posts I wanted to add, but there would be no reason to overflow this topic with the language that not that many of you speak.

I hope I get accepted and that we get more sources in many parts of this forum Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 10:44:47 AM

1) The faucet answer is bullshit. He should be sure that they are a waste of time.
2) He's replying to his own issue.
3) The fee advice is just bullshit. It has nothing to do with the amount of USD that one is sending.
4) Just no.
5) Yes.
6) Yes.
7) No.
8') Okay.
9) No. Regulation can not remove decentralization.
10) Yes.

As far as I am aware we don't have any merit sources as our active local thread users.
I've taken a look at the last few pages of that thread, and there is almost nothing that warrants a single merit point.

In summary: No.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3140

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:01:56 AM

1) The faucet answer is bullshit. He should be sure that they are a waste of time.
3) The fee advice is just bullshit. It has nothing to do with the amount of USD that one is sending.
4) Just no.
5) Yes.
6) Yes.
7) No.
8') Okay.
10) Yes.

I've taken a look at the last few pages of that thread, and there is almost nothing that warrants a single merit point.

I agree that is not for merit. almost after each post, you have noob post about something completely other things. This posts is very hard to find and  in the end, I would get useful information from him

It is very hard to have a constructive discussion on just one local board topic. Serbian local thread has the most views and replies than other local thread.
It would be great if they could get it his local board.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aleksej996 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:11:46 PM

4) Just no.
5) Yes.
6) Yes.
7) No.
8') Okay.
10) Yes.

I don't only find posts that I agree with worthy of merit. Sometimes I feel like even the posts I disagree with contributed to the discussion.
The first one is in my opinion is still worthy of a merit as this person is generally very helpful and this was an example of that.
He was very objective and in his first words explained that he wasn't sure about the first answer, I corrected him later on, but I still very much appreciate his reply.

The second one was very original and useful as he had a problem, then researched it taking my input into account and took the time to post his findings. I think this one is the most useful of them all.

I admit that the third one was mostly due to his support of segwit and that he is using it. That might be subjective of me however, so maybe you are right. Smiley

I don't want to go on and write my reason for every one, kind of like you didn't, although you seem to agree with the most, so hopefully it wouldn't be necessary anyway. Smiley

I know that you are not active on our thread even though you speak the language apparently. I think I even heard about you somewhere in that thread that you were mentioned, I am not sure why that is, I forgot Cheesy

I agree with examplens, this is a whole another issue where we are hoping to get our own board, as there are many new users with many issues and so on. There are very helpful people however, like the man I quoted, even though you will be able to see that I never told him that in this thread, as we disagree on many things Cheesy
But I still appreciate his help, goodwill and some basic knowledge about it.

The issue of local boards lacking merit sources is more than quality, even though I would say that there are regular posts that are worthy of merits, especially as I don't think they were intended to be very scarcely given. The issue is also about decentralization and independence. Local threads and boards are usually for people that don't speak other languages, in my opinion, so they can still talk about Bitcoin on this forum even if they don't know English.
If we don't give those relatively separated communities merit sources, they will be largely left out of this feature (and therefor ranking).
There are no ranks without merits and we shouldn't leave local threads without ranking functionality.

I hope you join us Lauda on our thread one day! I hope you don't have some kind of bad feeling towards it, as it might appear from this reply of yours Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: