Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you deny that BTC will rise to seven figures, then which of the following will happen?
Fiat currencies will remain viable indefinitely. - 44 (26.3%)
Gold and silver will be commonly used as media of exchange once more. - 9 (5.4%)
Another cryptocurrency will have a market capitalization in the trillions of USD. - 9 (5.4%)
BTC will rise, but not to seven figures, and together with several other cryptocurrencies, have a a market capitalization in the trillions of USD. - 96 (57.5%)
Other (you must explain in the thread, or else your vote will be deemed invalid) - 9 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 167

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those who deny that BTC will rise to seven figures: clearly explain yourselves  (Read 8182 times)
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:48:48 PM

It does not matter:

There will be a 51% attack at a certain time in the future after the the asic centralization and the difficulty is huge and all the bitcoins assigned in the first 3 years of bitcoin will be deemed invalid.

lol what?

There will be a 51% attack at a certain time in the future after the the asic centralization and the difficulty is huge and all the bitcoins assigned in the first 3 years of bitcoin will be deemed invalid.
The NWO will decide that all the money before that period and the satoshi risk is enough reason to fork the protocol and change the private key of all the <3 years, right before they joined the game.
They will probably add "two or three" other "small" changes "not that important".

They will compensate first bitcoin adventurers with a statue of satoshi in a detroit square.
They can fork it all they want.  It does not deem previous bitcoins invalid LOL.  It is only as useful as the people that will use it.  They could become useless and valueless but not invalid on the current fork that "WE" want to use.  See where I am going with this, the community decides on which fork to use, not the NWO...

WE are the NWO  Cool
Never thought of it that way...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 07:49:29 PM

WE are the NWO  Cool

He's already up to you. Tongue
minarchist (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:52:15 PM

I don't have to explain myself.

This is entirely consistent with your posting history, which is why I see you as an utter joke and wonder whether you're merely a butthurt establishment fanboy or someone who is being compensated in some way.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 07:54:55 PM

This is entirely consistent with your posting history, which is why I see you as an utter joke and wonder whether you're merely a butthurt establishment fanboy or someone who is being compensated in some way.

Butthurt usually is diagnosed on the one making the insults.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:57:34 PM

Why is the burden squarely on the bears? What is the basis for your position, OP?
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

Why is the burden squarely on the bears? What is the basis for your position, OP?
there is an exact reason for this, cmon jump aboard!
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:20:46 PM

OP, i didn't vote -- your poll is pretty nonsensical.
Quote from: OP's poll questions
If you deny that BTC will rise to seven figures, then which of the following will happen?
*Fiat currencies will remain viable indefinitely.
 Yep. Bitcoin fits the definition by having no intrinsic value.  It's not issued by a state, that's about all.  Can't eat it, can't smoke it, can't kiss it good night (polite version).
*Gold and silver will be commonly used as media of exchange once more.
 Meh. They sort-a are already.  See gold bugs.
*Another cryptocurrency will have a market capitalization in the trillions of USD.
 Quite possible.  Anyone from Amazon to USA deciding that cripto is interesting enough could easily implement a hard fork.  Payment processors like PayPal & CC already carry out transactions electronically, so what if they are doing it on top of fiat?  If folding money is not involved, are they crypto, or do they need to specifically use SHA2/scrypt?
*BTC will rise, but not to seven figures, and together with several other cryptocurrencies, have a a market capitalization in the trillions of USD.
 Sure hope it will, or we're just wasting time.
*Other (you must explain in the thread, or else your vote will be deemed invalid)

So no vote from me, OP -- no need to deem it invalid Smiley
chufchuf

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

you usually complain about money velocity and when it comes to inflation your opinion is the less the value of the money becomes over time the better it is LOL
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:35:58 PM

you usually complain about money velocity and when it comes to inflation your opinion is the less the value of the money becomes over time the better it is LOL

If you say so.

Actually I'm in favor of a system where the buying power of the money remains constant.
crumbs

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:37:02 PM

Incentivises spending and discourages hoarding, lol.  
minarchist (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:12:01 PM

In the context of fiat sucking so badly that only a retard would think that it would last indefinitely, when something as revolutionary as Bitcoin appears it is incumbent on those who claim that Bitcoin will not do well to explain why.
minarchist (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:14:59 PM

OP, i didn't vote -- your poll is pretty nonsensical.
Quote from: OP's poll questions
If you deny that BTC will rise to seven figures, then which of the following will happen?
*Fiat currencies will remain viable indefinitely.
 Yep. Bitcoin fits the definition by having no intrinsic value.  It's not issued by a state, that's about all.  Can't eat it, can't smoke it, can't kiss it good night (polite version).
*Gold and silver will be commonly used as media of exchange once more.
 Meh. They sort-a are already.  See gold bugs.
*Another cryptocurrency will have a market capitalization in the trillions of USD.
 Quite possible.  Anyone from Amazon to USA deciding that cripto is interesting enough could easily implement a hard fork.  Payment processors like PayPal & CC already carry out transactions electronically, so what if they are doing it on top of fiat?  If folding money is not involved, are they crypto, or do they need to specifically use SHA2/scrypt?
*BTC will rise, but not to seven figures, and together with several other cryptocurrencies, have a a market capitalization in the trillions of USD.
 Sure hope it will, or we're just wasting time.
*Other (you must explain in the thread, or else your vote will be deemed invalid)

So no vote from me, OP -- no need to deem it invalid Smiley

People who make assertions and then refuse to back them up are cowards, morons, or both. 

Others understand the poll.  You are either pretending to be stupid or you really are stupid.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:15:55 PM

Privately owned reserve banks claimed the ownership of every newly created dollar, without doing any work

At the same time, some bitcoin early adopters claimed at least 25% of total bitcoins, with very little effort of CPU mining

So early adopters in bitcoin are still better than federal reserve banks

But this is not enough for bitcoin's success. Bitcoin should provide some better function than fiat money. Because reserve banks control the inflation level through buying and selling assets, the price level is relatively stable for fiat money, at least they successfully created such an illusion

For bitcoin, we only need to establish a convention of everlasting exchange rate appreciation of at least 50% per year, then it is success, it is not important how much dollar or euro it worth

minarchist (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:16:52 PM

Because robbing and raping the shit out of people is so honest and noble if you're a keynesian asswipe.
chufchuf

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:32:54 PM

Because robbing and raping the shit out of people is so honest and noble if you're a keynesian asswipe.

Not quite. If the money keeps its value it becomes fascist instead of communist. Now all those with money can rape those without- this is the big love affair of fascism. It also means the money becomes more and more valuable.
crumbs

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:34:10 PM

Yr mom had yeast infections smarter than you.  Be polite or stfu, k?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:37:15 PM

I have proved that deflative currency will incentivise spending and discourage hoarding permanently when a certain amount of saving is done, so this is not the real reason behind the adoption of inflative currency

The real reason could be:

1. Without a fast circulation of money, the banks would not make enough income in interest

2. If people don't spend fiat money, then they don't need fiat money, then fiat money will lose its value quickly, the money printing scam will be discovered easily

minarchist (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:37:49 PM

Yr mom had yeast infections smarter than you.  Be polite or stfu, k?

You're the retard and the authoritarian shitstain.
David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:38:19 PM

OP: Please help me understand your poll.  At 118 US dollars = 1 BTC; does that equate to 3 figures (digits)?  If so then 1,000,000 US dollars = 1 BTC is the threshold you are concerned with, right?  That's a lot more demand than we have right now.  I would be very surprised if that much fiat shows up at the exchanges anytime soon.  Can *anyone* say how much fiat has been pumped into Bitcoin through the exchanges and other avenues?  The Bitcoin capitilization is something like $1.2 billion right now *but* it did not take that much fiat to get it there.  Fundamentally it is a confidence game.  If buyers believe then they will bid higher and higher.  If one buyer showed up and bought 1 BTC for $1,000,000 through an exchange that reports it then for at least a brief moment your threshold would be met.  The next exchange might happen back down in the hundreds but so be it.  Btw, I'd be delighted to be the one to sell one of my own Bitcoins to acheive this.  Or are you rejecting any and all such artificial occurances?
minarchist (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:41:31 PM

I have proved that deflative currency will incentivise spending and discourage hoarding permanently when a certain amount of saving is done, so this is not the real reason behind the adoption of inflative currency

The real reason could be:

1. Without a fast circulation of money, the banks would not make enough income in interest

2. If people don't spend fiat money, then they don't need fiat money, then fiat money will lose its value quickly, the money printing scam will be discovered easily

You're trying to reason with authoritarian thugs.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: