Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The big advantage of the merit points system  (Read 364 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2), Lesbian Cow (2), Mr. Big (2), malevolent (1), FlightyPouch (1), bitart (1), madwica (1), justine11 (1)

Here is the cynic in me posting this.

As I see it, the biggest advantage of the merit points system is that it allows you to talk about merit points, and to be rewarded with merit points. I've been awarded a few points, all except one were for comments about the merit system. The one on its own was for a comment about running Bitcoin core and Bitcoin Cash nodes on the same computer. Shock, horror, that was a post about using Bitcoin, and that seems to be as low priority here.

Of course I'm not eligible for the really good awards 30-50, because I don't promote scam coins. You can see that posts like " I bought 100 scamcoins yesterday [well I didn't really, because I don't have any money yet, but hopefully you suckers will make a load for me], and I've already made enough to buy a new car."

So here is my plea to those of you who have been made Merit faucets. Please could you reward members who make good supportive posts about Bitcoin and respectable Altcoins, and who provide technical help and information for Bitcoin users and prospective users.

Please don't reward the Ponzi pushers who are here to rip off members and pollute the boards.

I guess this thread has killed my chance of getting Merit Points Merit Points. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Witt11

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

STRAKS: straks.io

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:31:18 PM

As I see it, the biggest advantage of the merit points system is that it allows you to talk about merit points, and to be rewarded with merit points. I've been awarded a few points, all except one were for comments about the merit system. The one on its own was for a comment about running Bitcoin core and Bitcoin Cash nodes on the same computer. Shock, horror, that was a post about using Bitcoin, and that seems to be as low priority here.

Of course I'm not eligible for the really good awards 30-50, because I don't promote scam coins. You can see that posts like " I bought 100 scamcoins yesterday [well I didn't really, because I don't have any money yet, but hopefully you suckers will make a load for me], and I've already made enough to buy a new car."

So here is my plea to those of you who have been made Merit faucets. Please could you reward members who make good supportive posts about Bitcoin and respectable Altcoins, and who provide technical help and information for Bitcoin users and prospective users.

Please don't reward the Ponzi pushers who are here to rip off members and pollute the boards.

I guess this thread has killed my chance of getting Merit Points Merit Points. Smiley

You have a very impressive amount of merit points! How do you get them? Thank you, please teach us humble members with no merit points.

“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.” ― Confucius
Witt11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:33:59 PM

You have a very impressive amount of merit points! How do you get them? Thank you, please teach us humble members with no merit points.

Just to make it clear: I am not buying or begging. Just want to know from your experience - if you don't mind - what is the best way to get merit on merit.

mbahchenggur

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:05:39 PM

Yeah i know that feel, the number of members of this forum especially the new member, worried about this merit, they just think of merit to go to higher level, but this Forum about Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency. This is what makes me think why people are more interested in system merit than Cryptocurenncy, this is very strange views.

Need to know your merit points will increase along with the increasing quality of your post is useful for other members.

it's about my opinion about merit system that with this system, posting slowly will be more qualified.  Smiley
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:36:06 PM

As I see it, the biggest advantage of the merit points system is that it allows you to talk about merit points, and to be rewarded with merit points. I've been awarded a few points, all except one were for comments about the merit system.

This has been my experience as well. The way I see it, people are still very frustrated with the merit system and whenever they see their opinions voiced by someone else, they feel like they want to reward that person by meriting them because that person was able to express what they themselves couldn't express for whatever reason.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:48:51 PM

If you are not being cynical, and really want to improve your post quality you should go and read this thread. There are some really fine advices there. I would suggest you check this two first:

- check what Jet Cash said here
- check what EthanB said here

I guess you can find more threads with useful advices, if you just try. And if you are being cynical, well i hope this post help other people who are willing to improve.
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:12:35 PM

I have had a very similar experience with the merit I have been awarded. And because of that its just so tempting to keep coming back to the meta section and post to get a few merits. Honestly its like crack, you just have to get your fix and then you can get back on with your life and post in other sections and try to do something to better the forum.

It leaves me in two minds really. On one hand clogging up a thread about the merit system by posting about my views/experiences isnt the worst, but on the other I'd prefer not to start a new thread as there is a genuine clog on the meta page (that said i do think that this thread poses an interesting take on an experience with the system and is worthwhile).

Oh god, I just realised I'm here shooting up again.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:03:44 AM

I have had a very similar experience with the merit I have been awarded. And because of that its just so tempting to keep coming back to the meta section and post to get a few merits. Honestly its like crack, you just have to get your fix and then you can get back on with your life and post in other sections and try to do something to better the forum.

It leaves me in two minds really. On one hand clogging up a thread about the merit system by posting about my views/experiences isnt the worst, but on the other I'd prefer not to start a new thread as there is a genuine clog on the meta page (that said i do think that this thread poses an interesting take on an experience with the system and is worthwhile).

Oh god, I just realised I'm here shooting up again.

My experience also says that getting merit in meta section is way easier. To get merit in sections like bitcoin discussion, you have to post an exceptional thread and then do something to get that post noticed.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:04:29 AM

Honestly, I was worried when I heard that I needed to have 10 merits to be member, and so on and so forth. I was a bit worried because I have no idea on how be given merits. I asked a member to give me some tips because she was given a lot that is almost equal to her activities. She told me to have quality posts. In my point of view, I have given some quality posts, but may be not enough for those who give merits.

As of now, I try to give/create a quality post. Twists some ideas, and read some posts related to the topic, give some relevant ideas and correct my grammar and punctuation. Thanks you for sharing your idea.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
Witt11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

If you are not being cynical, and really want to improve your post quality you should go and read this thread. There are some really fine advices there. I would suggest you check this two first:

- check what Jet Cash said here
- check what EthanB said here

I guess you can find more threads with useful advices, if you just try. And if you are being cynical, well i hope this post help other people who are willing to improve.

Thank you for this, I wasn't cynical. Will read through with care.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:37:19 PM

Well I don't have a standard approach to life, but this would be my advice.

Forget about merits. Merits were introduced to reduce the impact of the influx of new members that were destroying Bitcoin Talk. You have to distance yourself from the marauding hordes. The crypto world is a real jungle, and you need to avoid the snakes, tigers, crocodiles and baboons, and establish an identity for yourself, your signature is one way to do this. Promoting sponsors of questionable repute in your signature reflects on your reputation and motivation.

Crypto-currencies and "blockchains" are starting to have a major impact in world economies. the real way to great riches is to learn about this, and to master the emerging technology. Scratching a few dollars from a signature campaign, and losing the contact with the wealth of knowledge here, doesn't seem to be the most sensible approach. Keep reading and asking sensible questions, and you will find that merit will come with the increase in your knowledge and your value to the Bitcoin community.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:42:26 PM

Merit posts gain more merits over high-quality posts. Lips sealed

And deepOnion retards get higher than both, trust me.
Don't bother checking it another time or checking other shitcoins or ico crap, i already got my reward, a 2% drop on my report accuracy level  Kiss

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:52:02 PM

As I see it, the biggest advantage of the merit points system is that it allows you to talk about merit points, and to be rewarded with merit points. I've been awarded a few points, all except one were for comments about the merit system.

You just made me curious about this getting merited by talking about merit thing...
So to make a test, I've posted in the Meta section (2 posts, nothing more), in a merit thead. I had no expectations, really, because despite of I'm a frequent poster in the Bitcoin Discussion section, I usually don't get any merit, I have received merit only for some techie stuff, about my new freetime project, building a LN node on a Raspberry PI (we have already had some discussion about it in other threads, anyway).
So to cut the long story short, next morning I've noticed that one of the two posts about the merit system has received a merit, so the reason I'm writing this post is to thank you for your suggestion Smiley I won't move to the Meta thread for the future, to hunt some more merits, it was just a quick test, but now I'm feeling amazed how you have spotted this thing Smiley
Also please let me know if I need to attend your grammar course Smiley
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:57:31 PM

Talking about merits to people who do not understand it purpose and essence is very tiring.
And another thing that I have observed is that only higher rank active members are the only ones distributing their sMerits and I see that user like you are a bit tired of reviewing posts from time to time. I can not even notice some hero members giving off sMerits.
This is the issue that needs to be resolved next. How will be everyone that are able to send smerits be encouraged to do so. Everyone could review posts in any way as long as they know that they have learned something from a specific thread of comment right?
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:04:54 AM

My experience also says that getting merit in meta section is way easier. To get merit in sections like bitcoin discussion, you have to post an exceptional thread and then do something to get that post noticed.

You can get merit on any threads that you are posting, it's just that threads like Bitcoin Discussion and Economics are full of spammers that they don't really read the posts of the members there.

Most of the people that is getting their merit is because they are being sarcastic and have a lot of friends to help them while just some of them are really knowledgeable and contributing in this forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:35:13 AM

Talking about merits to people who do not understand it purpose and essence is very tiring.
And another thing that I have observed is that only higher rank active members are the only ones distributing their sMerits and I see that user like you are a bit tired of reviewing posts from time to time. I can not even notice some hero members giving off sMerits.
This is the issue that needs to be resolved next. How will be everyone that are able to send smerits be encouraged to do so. Everyone could review posts in any way as long as they know that they have learned something from a specific thread of comment right?

Lower rank members might not be having any merit to give. I have got only one merit so far and I am waiting for 1 more so that I will get one Smerit in my profile. Whenever I get that Smerit, I will be very careful in giving that merit to another member but my preference will be new member only as they need it the most. This is my opinion though and I am not saying that everyone should take the same route. Regarding how to make everyone spend their merits, we can see a change that merits will expire in "x" number of days if not used.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:25:35 PM

Lower rank members might not be having any merit to give. I have got only one merit so far and I am waiting for 1 more so that I will get one Smerit in my profile. Whenever I get that Smerit, I will be very careful in giving that merit to another member but my preference will be new member only as they need it the most. This is my opinion though and I am not saying that everyone should take the same route. Regarding how to make everyone spend their merits, we can see a change that merits will expire in "x" number of days if not used.

Do not give off merits if you are just feeling pity about them. It is hard to earn merits especially if you lack knowledge or having hard time in expressing your thoughts. It will be an achievement for you to review someone else's post and determine if it is worth a merit for being informative to you or for the whole forum.
When you are able to distribute merits too, then good to now that you are helping with the distribution and promoting quality to this forum.
Just continue reading and everything will come your way.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:35:49 PM

Don't give out merit just because you think a person needs some merit. If that is noticed, it may reduce your potential for earning merits in the future. Merit is intended to improve the quality of the forum, and not to provide an income for people who don't want to get a proper job.

Aneuk cabang

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:39:19 PM

I try hard to get this merit since at jr. member, alot of thanks for peoples that kind enough to give merits for mypost. i know, this merits points system give a lot positive effect on bitcoin market prices.why? because there will be less negative news about bitcoin.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:53:19 PM

I try hard to get this merit since at jr. member, alot of thanks for peoples that kind enough to give merits for mypost. i know, this merits points system give a lot positive effect on bitcoin market prices.why? because there will be less negative news about bitcoin.
I think that's not enough reason here, posting a negative or FUD news will be deleted to the moderator so, I think that's not the main reason.
I'm not in hurry just to rank up as long as I contribute to the forum with my post even though I'm not good at English but I still trying my best. Forgot the merit and let's move on about this, the motivate your self to post and share the idea on the topic never post the repeated answer from others. Then maybe later on after you will know you got required an amount of merit to rank up without knowing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: