Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:39:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do with scam projects?  (Read 411 times)
payno (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

have you ever found a scam project or airdrop?

what wil you do after working the project for  a couple of week, but you get nothing..?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:56:07 PM

One should be able to make the difference between scam and legit projects because they're obvious unless a scammer is actually putting so much effort which is usually not the case. An airdrop requirement are usually signing messages, filling a form etc. It's nothing hard. As for signature campaigns and other bounties, there is no reason on why they won't give you your coins, as they could create them out of thin air. The only scenario where you could actually get scammed is while investing in an ICO, in that case, you should do a background check on the escrow, team and read the whitepaper which most people don't do.
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

Really mad, what else can we do ? thre one project that i join for social media bounty. after sharing like two month of their retweet the dev just dissapear and even the bounty manager didnt get paid. But if only airdrop im not really taking it serious cause im not working to hard for it, just follow their twitter or joining telegram group. Im learn from that and now i only join campaign from trusted manager and good company.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
payno (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:19:43 PM

One should be able to make the difference between scam and legit projects because they're obvious unless a scammer is actually putting so much effort which is usually not the case. An airdrop requirement are usually signing messages, filling a form etc. It's nothing hard. As for signature campaigns and other bounties, there is no reason on why they won't give you your coins, as they could create them out of thin air. The only scenario where you could actually get scammed is while investing in an ICO, in that case, you should do a background check on the escrow, team and read the whitepaper which most people don't do.

so that case isn't called as scam project instead of what? and what is legit project?
DiceChain

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:21:12 PM

yes. I met a lot of fraudulent projects. In 2017 I participated in more than 100 projects. more than 70 projects are fraudulent. really crazy and time consuming. But I accepted because I could not do anything else. I only take time but do not lose money. I always tell myself that many more prestigious projects are waiting for me
payno (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:23:13 PM

Really mad, what else can we do ? thre one project that i join for social media bounty. after sharing like two month of their retweet the dev just dissapear and even the bounty manager didnt get paid. But if only airdrop im not really taking it serious cause im not working to hard for it, just follow their twitter or joining telegram group. Im learn from that and now i only join campaign from trusted manager and good company.
ed

oh yaa... that case really make you blue ... it also happened to me  Cry
payno (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:26:43 PM

yes. I met a lot of fraudulent projects. In 2017 I participated in more than 100 projects. more than 70 projects are fraudulent. really crazy and time consuming. But I accepted because I could not do anything else. I only take time but do not lose money. I always tell myself that many more prestigious projects are waiting for me

wow.... thumbs up for you Smiley
anyway... how do you keep your money at that time?
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:30:17 PM

what wil you do after working the project for  a couple of week, but you get nothing..?

Well, in my case if that project failed in the middle of the campaign or ICO then I would have to join another good signature bounty campaigns.
I constantly check the progress of the campaign ledger, if they constantly update the ledger of means the team are active and the campaign is good, otherwise I leave.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:31:42 PM

what wil you do after working the project for  a couple of week, but you get nothing..?

the Word Scam is used in many Cases:

1. there are deliberate scams, that are difficult to spot,

2. projects that werent successful in reaching the audience size needed

3. projects that werent successful executing and using their funds

4. and deliberate scams that are easy to spot.

5. +plus projects that were serious but didnt deliver the unrealistic 500% return after 5 days desired by the "investors" or "gamblers"

what of those cases do you actually mean?

regards

Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:32:42 PM

First of all you should carefully look through the project before working on it and concider if it is woth scaming someone. If google search will show that the project is a scam they will have pretty big financial loses. On this forum the best thing you can do is creating a thread in scam accusation section with all proofs of the scam. Their accounts will get tagged and no one will work with them unless the accusation will be resolved.

yoyolife121

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:37:23 PM

Not yet but if i do i will do the following:-

a) tell everyone on social media that they are scammers

b) blast it on their social accounts
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:45:45 PM

that was one of my reason to keep working on another project at the same time, doing that wouldn't waste your time to stay awake on those project, watch their group or anything else.

in my experience, 4 of 10 token from airdrop already landing to my wallet (of course it also depends on when they distribute)

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:50:04 PM

Like most people say. research before you do something for a coin. see if the are legit. and what can you do. only thing you can do is learn from it and tell others about the scam

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
thugpi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:51:04 PM

I' ve been scam many times, what I did was nothing, I can do nothing about it. I am disappointed that was my effort was go to nothing but I just keep on trying.
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 07:18:26 PM by Bestfriendko

I certainly did participated once.. What i did was, i stopped posting straightaway. As a campaigner we cannot do anything drastic but to post and let everybody in the community know that that particular ICO is a scam. That way everybody will be aware. It was the " C " bounty project. The bounty manager was " Ehrhc ", Full member rank. My first time to be scammed. I joined in the second round of the campaign. After several posts, i've read in the thread that nobody in the round 1 campaign have received payment. And this (Ehrhc) foolish devil-may-care manager vanished into thin air abruptly. I have learned my lesson. Now before i join a bounty, i look at the bounty manager and study his/her profile and trust.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:44:16 AM

I try staying away from most of the projects that even seem to me a bit suspicious. Probably that is why I manage not to lose much. Friends, never be in a hurry when you invest. Think over EACH possible minus. If you find something that you do not understand or dislike never deal with it.
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

If there was of course some kind of service, in order to punish people who create such projects that deceive people and developers just earn money by stealing people, I would definitely use this service. In the meantime, I have not heard about such a service and just forget about such projects.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:52:36 AM

I've been never found a scam project or airdrop, but if I found something like that the first the I will do is report them so they can't do it again next time, because if I or we will not report them they can do it again.
casdder

Activity: 110
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:35:21 AM

I will remember this team where each member should remember that next time I meet this team's project I will advise others in their telegram and other contact channels not to participate in their projects. Of course, the first time is definitely to give up that project.
RoonyBlack

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:55:49 AM

I agree with some of the comments that you have to read carefully the white paper. When you read the white paper and you see some impossible or ludacriss things, you will know that this is a scam project
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: