Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Name is...  (Read 3384 times)
Trongersoll (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:17:13 PM

My Name is Trong Trongersoll and I am a Bitcoin mining addict.

I started in May 2013 with a small, low power computer and a 5000 series ATI Video card. actually, i started with the GPU on the mother board which was doing 10 Mh/s. Since the MB had a PCIe slot, I upgraded to the ATI card. I got about 80 Mh/s out of it. I added a couple of ASICminer Block Erupters. That was the beginning of my downfall. After about a week or two I saw my Bitcoin income declining due to increased Hashrate. That was the begining of the Arms race for me. That little computer now has 24 erupters and the gpu mining.

But it doesn't stop there. Just be Erupters became available i picked up a 7970 GPU and a 7950 GPU. It was the worse possible timing. I planned on running these both on a computer built just for this purpose. Well, they wouldn't play nice together so the 7950 go put aside. Now I had a new computer not doing much. so this became my second Erupter host. It currently has about 29 erupters on it. And the number is growing. I can't seem to stop buying these things. Everytime there is a price drop or my Bitcoin production drops noticeably i buy more.

Then there are the blades. I bought one about a week ago for way too much by todays prices. It is still in it's wrapping. I got the stratum proxy up yesterday, but haven't succeeded in making it have a fixed IP. That isn't real important. i can just change the IP the blade looks at if it changes. Part of the reason the blade isn't running is that i've mulling over how to physically support it. also the room it will be in is a bit cluttered at the moment. I decided i'd cut up a cardboard box and put fans in that as a support for the blade. Just haven't felt up to doing it, I'm slightly handicapped so i really need to feel up to it to do somethngs. And then, today there was the price drop on blades... so of course i had to buy a second even though i don't have the first running yet. With two, and the likely hood is that more will be acquired, cardboard boxes wouldn't suffice. Today i ordered a big box of Legos. I figure that i can build some sort of multiblade rack with them. I'm not real handy, so PVC pipe racks are out.

I also have the Bitfury starter kit on order and a couple of miners from BFL on order that i don't want to talk about. The thing is, i can't seem to stop myself. The Arms race is killing me. I don't even wanna think about how much i've spent on this Hobby.

I am truely addicted to this thing called Bitcoin Mining...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
networkgeek24

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:53:39 PM

Hi Trongersoll, welcome to BMA (bitcoin miners anonymous)

Bitrated user: networkgeek24.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 01:27:01 AM

My name is Guitar of the famous land "Plinker" and here's my story.

I heard about bitcoin mining right during the largest price bubble in history ($266) and watched as my 7850 struggled to mine any serious amount of coins. I then watched as the price dropped, and, in turn, my profits. This wasn't my first experience with mining, I started mining probably two months before for less than a day, but stopped because I said "screw this, I'm only making 0.03BTC per day, that's just mere pennies!" I shall never forgive myself for this decision.

Anyway, I mined on my 7850 for around a month, it probably generated around 0.3 BTC. Then I got the big guns; a 5970 I found used, and paid $225 for. Unfortunately the babbling idiot I am I said "250W from a single fan card? No problem, a small room can disperse that heat easy-peasy!" Then I realized it generated enormous amounts of heat and noise, and unfortunately exactly a week later I rage-sold it for $225. Nothing lost, 0.09BTC gained. Cheesy

Then I gave up on bitcoin mining at around 21 million difficulty, too high for me. I bought a cheap used Gigabyte 7950 for $200 in early July. I went to LTC instead then, hoping the price would go up when it got to Gox. Hasn't got to Gox yet and I'm still holding my Litecoins that I mined. Then I moved to DGC for over a month, made a decent amount on them until 3 days ago when multipool went whacko and I moved to Middlecoin.

In total I've made around $150 at current exchange rates.

Next!
yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:16:21 AM

In total I've made around $150 at current exchange rates.

fallen on hard times
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 08:49:57 AM

You're not poor for shit...you should change your signature and mine more alt...and you should cancel up a few of your orders with BFL and move that equivalent money into the exchange...Hold ltc and wait for it to hit .2 btc - you will definitely win for sure.  Right now you're pissing away money for the illlusion of ROI with a so-called high hashrate.  I could be just spreading FUD for some people...but I believe that I am correct on this one with your circumstances.

polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:51:21 PM

My name is kenneth in general. I have noticed that after a failure of collecting USD 2,500 for air tickets... Cyanopsitta Spixii...

Currently, I am still angry with this as permission is not easy to obtain. To do this, I have to find a way, the way is called bitcoin.

Bitcoin? I have little idea of that at early stage. even Gamers in my place,  only few know what it is. In short, looks like lock cracking game.

For the initial, the price tag was 1: USD 142. It looks like If I don't do a little, then, nothing I can do even planning routes! The  game should be operated very neat as I have an agreement, credit card issues. There are few people do this great nasty, especially in my place. In the mainland China, there is a group who has been collecting USD 30,000 a day at least , legal and not so harmful, if you have read news about Africa.

There are many accidents during the game, including gox down, card burnt...

I also have noticed, if I don't do something like DSP( the basic is copy the only sample as many as possible), then I will lose.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 07:24:10 PM

Hi Trongersoll, welcome to BMA (bitcoin miners anonymous)
Good one, heh.

Maybe push those GPU's over to scrypt alts with higher profitability?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Trongersoll (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:29:24 PM

You're not poor for shit...you should change your signature and mine more alt...and you should cancel up a few of your orders with BFL and move that equivalent money into the exchange...Hold ltc and wait for it to hit .2 btc - you will definitely win for sure.  Right now you're pissing away money for the illlusion of ROI with a so-called high hashrate.  I could be just spreading FUD for some people...but I believe that I am correct on this one with your circumstances.

"Alms for the Poor." is a quote from somewhere, Some play perhaps. It wasn't meant to be serious, but humorous. I could change it to "Standard begging phrase goes here" if you like. I've never received anything via that number and don't expect to.
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:08:29 PM

HEY TRONG~! BTCanon welcomes you... im nervous to never see a profit... but dont care cuz im having SOOO MUCH FUN WOOOTTTT!!!! i will piss away w/e i want as long as im having fun... and when im bored ill stop doing it... dont take it so serial.... yull go crazy!

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:57:16 AM

I found out about Bitcoin around the time it hit $20. I spent over two hours trying to convince my dad it was't a scam but he just did't get it. When Bitcoin hit $30 I had a huge fight with him.
To make a really short story even shorter, I built a small rig and made some Bitcoins but I always managed to sell them at the worst possible time. My dad took notice when Bitcoin started to show up on MSNBC and Bloomberg.

These days my dad reminds me to save my Bitcoins.

I'v tried to explain Bitcoin to others but I'm the worst possible communicator on that topic.  The only advice I have, (that I never managed to follow)  Save your Bitcoins.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:09:38 PM

I'v tried to explain Bitcoin to others but I'm the worst possible communicator on that topic.

Send them this link

https://media.grc.com/sn/sn-287-lq.mp3

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 02:06:19 PM

My name is Con Kolivas and I got into bitcoin mining 2 and a half years ago and got so obsessed by it I decided to write the best goddamn miner there is for it, and I haven't been able to achieve hardly anything else in my spare time since then.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 04:30:23 PM

My name is Con Kolivas and I got into bitcoin mining 2 and a half years ago and got so obsessed by it I decided to write the best goddamn miner there is for it, and I haven't been able to achieve hardly anything else in my spare time since then.
ETA for release?  Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:49:05 PM

ETA for release?  Cheesy
OUCH!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
bitbryan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:56:32 PM

Smiley
ETA for release?  Cheesy

hahahahahahahaahah made me smile!

"Life is a waterfall, we drink from the river then turn around and put up our walls"
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:13:00 PM

Smiley
ETA for release?  Cheesy

hahahahahahahaahah made me smile!
The best part of it all, I didn't realise how funny it is until you guys showed up!  Cheesy Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

ETA for release?  Cheesy
Angry Sad Huh Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Cry

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
cassieheart

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:28:37 AM

My name is ? >>>>>>>>>>>> Slim Shady is that you?
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:39:02 AM

Goon

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 11:50:38 AM

ETA for release?  Cheesy
Angry Sad Huh Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Cry
Hmm..  Tongue

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: