Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should government consider bitcoin as a legal global currency?  (Read 1049 times)
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?

I am not aware of it. To which extent has Japan "legalized" Bitcoin? Which are the exact implications of that in Japan?
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Unluckily, it isn't in government's interest to consider Bitcoin as a global currency. Banks are often the property of the state so they would shoot itself in the foot recognizing it as a universal currency. Banks have many disadvantages and they are afraid of confrontation with new and innovative type of a currency. Nonetheless, it seems that in the end they will be forced to recognize Bitcoin because otherwise people may in the next few years completely abandon the use of bitcoins.
It is hard to do bitcoin as our global currency, it would take a lot of debate and each President or government would not allow this to happen, it would take a lot of effort and it took time before it would finally lead to global currency. And as of today, let us enjoy the perks that it is giving to us the opportunity to gain and many more.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:42:03 AM

Legal tender is defined as a payment method that must be accepted in settlement of a debt. It does not have to be accepted as part of everyday transactions. Bitcoin is a long way away from being accepted as legal tender.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
princ.imran

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

Web designer & developer https://nurictworld.com/

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

If the government wants it will not be legal because all countries have a currency. The government can calculation for this currency and through this the government can know its economy position. Bitcoin is the online currency. It is not very easy to calculation for economy position. So it does not make it legal.
Heartseed

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:50:33 AM
Merited by Rosilito (1)

It should be, since bitcoin is a currency accepted by companies which could transcend human even further but most of the governments not only here in our country does not trust bitcoin due to its nature and it bypass tax here in our country. which the government does not allow even so bitcoin being the global currency is a big help for everyone. i looking forward for the time it will happen. since japan already started to legalize it, it will create a chain reaction and sooner in the time will let other countries to legalize it as well because the countries will see the effects of legalization of it in the japan which is positive and cause them to do it to.
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:09:58 PM

I think they should think considering bitcoin worldwide in legal terms. Since they can't stop the growth of crypto society and the usage of crypto currency globally, why not have  arguments and discussions about BTC usage and with the Fiat.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

I think it's possible that one or more country will consider Bitcoin as a legal currency but a global currency I think It's a bit impossible because more often than not bitcoin was currency that can be use in some illegal activities and criminal groups with their activities, that's why more government will look bitcoin in a negative way the harm that it can cause and the chaos it might cause because more than anything they always thinking of regulating and taking control of this crypto currency
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:33:41 AM

It should be, since bitcoin is a currency accepted by companies which could transcend human even further but most of the governments not only here in our country does not trust bitcoin due to its nature and it bypass tax here in our country. which the government does not allow even so bitcoin being the global currency is a big help for everyone. i looking forward for the time it will happen. since japan already started to legalize it, it will create a chain reaction and sooner in the time will let other countries to legalize it as well because the countries will see the effects of legalization of it in the japan which is positive and cause them to do it to.

I agree with this, lots of improvement are yet to discover if bitcoin usage and capabilities would be maximize if bitcoin would get legalize by government but because of its nature as what he says bitcoin cannot find its value to this world even though it provides good benefits, and the people who uses it gives the bad image to it that is why legalization is hard for government to implement.
xiaoyu666

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:38:06 AM

Not all countries talk about bitcoin as a legal currency, and some countries ban it.
Because bitcoin is decentralized, it is anonymous and the government cannot control bitcoin.
So the government will not accept bitcoin as the legal tender, which will hurt their interests.
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:52:03 AM

Not all countries talk about bitcoin as a legal currency, and some countries ban it.
Because bitcoin is decentralized, it is anonymous and the government cannot control bitcoin.
So the government will not accept bitcoin as the legal tender, which will hurt their interests.

if in my own country, the existence of bitcoin is not yet clear. because the government has not agreed if the bitcoin is allowed to circulate or not. so the bitcoiner in my country is still confused and uncertain about what the government wants to decide in my country.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:20:00 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 07:04:48 PM by MCVXYZ

Legal tender is defined as a payment method that must be accepted in settlement of a debt. It does not have to be accepted as part of everyday transactions. Bitcoin is a long way away from being accepted as legal tender.

Yes ,because in many countries its considered as a units of account and not as a legal tender,So thats true that bitcoin will not be a legal global currency,because today there are no (international or local)regulations about its emission,Mining is not a subject of regulation and it does't need special licenses.for example as i know in Germany bitcoin is  considered as a transfer of a good and not as a payment method,despite the fact all of this issues depend on countries different approaches,some of them has liberal approach and some of them very strict so,this consesus can be achieved only by an effective legislative basis.
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

I really hope so. Japan is a big country and they are very smart and practical people. If they legalize Bitcoin as a currency then it only shows their belief in Bitcoin and its technology and the things it can do for their country and people. Hope more countries will see it that way and follow Japan. 

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:51:28 PM

Japan already made bitcoin a legal currency. Would you consider your countries to also pass a law recognizing bitcoin as a legal form of currency?
In my country there is almost no talk about bitcoin and anything related to it even then some laws are going to be passed but it does not recognize bitcoin as a currency and to me it makes sense, that happened in Japan because the level of adoption there is insane, and the government is trying to find ways to stimulate the economy and this one was an easy one since they did not need to do anything except to pass a law.
kadutz25

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

I think the government should immediately legalize bitcoin because it already exists in some countries that begin to legalize bitcoin as a means of payment and transaction tools how easy to use transactions with bitcoin we just use bar code only and we no longer carry paper money to transact. . . . . and if governments in various countries start discussing bitcoin, the government should immediately legalize bitcoin because bitcoin is a very easy and fast digital currency to transact and a very secure security system for holders and bitcoin users. Smiley
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:12:47 PM

In my country there is almost no talk about bitcoin and anything related to it even then some laws are going to be passed but it does not recognize bitcoin as a currency and to me it makes sense, that happened in Japan because the level of adoption there is insane, and the government is trying to find ways to stimulate the economy and this one was an easy one since they did not need to do anything except to pass a law.
Who will be responsible for the consequences? Governments cannot predict the consequences of legalizing cryptocurrencies. Therefore, it is easier to ban the cryptocurrency. Each user of a cryptocurrency is worried about his well-being. Therefore, there is no unity in the bitcoin community. If we could stick to a General strategy that can be a lot of misery we could avoid. But it's the lyrics.
Cath0Vic

Activity: 58

Dynatiq ICO BONUS 50%!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:20:24 PM

I think its importat that this happend, will be the NEW WORLD

▰▰▰▰▰ DYNATIQ ▰▰▰▰▰
 DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN BASED  MARKETPLACE FOR DOMAINS AND WEBSITES
●●● https://dynatiq.com/ ●●●
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:43:27 PM

It is a nice idea if a government consider btc as a currency but I  don't think they will do that. Each country has its existing currency and I don't think they would want to add up another one to compete with their currency. In that sense alone I don't any government would consider that.
stevemichael

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

MMM EXTRA - The right steps toward your goal

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:45:54 PM

I think it depends on country by country.
Some countries already accepted as legal but some countries not.
It should be legal whole around the world but there must be some regulation for it.

MMM participants get upto 100% per month...
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:07:07 PM

its better if to the government we talk about blockchain first, give government the understanding about blockchain and then cryptocurrency,
if we give em a lesson about bitcoin, of course they will reject it, because the didn't know technology behind it and of course maybe the government will consider bitcoin as a legal global currency

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:11:16 PM

I really wish that bitcoin will be legalized in my country, it can make bitcoin grow faster  and then I can  easily spend bitcoin every where, but unfortunately that will not happened soon bitcoin  still consider as a dangerous currency, my government afraid that we are going to used it for money laundering and buying illegal things
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: