Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mainstream adoption of blockchain  (Read 89 times)
sv624 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:04:47 PM

Hi,
I keep hearing that many of the wallstreet companies are already into blockchain some way or the other.
If blockchain is in the same state as internet in the early 90s, there is still a lot to come.
Will they build their own blockchains? In which case the plethora of altcoins will bite the dust.
Or they could just acquire altcoin companies?
Altoins seems to be trying to run a parallel economy..

Thanks in advance
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

both. Some companies are building their own private blockchains while those without strong resources are building their applications on the public blockchain.

Many altcoins are utility tokens that are meant to be used on their DApps and on the public blockchains. Altcoins that are running applications on the public blockchains. Look at crypto kitties, they are running on the public blockchain.

It is resource intensive to run private blockchains and most companies are just creating DApps on the public blockchain.

In my opinion public blockchains are stronger due to their greater number of nodes or miners and running DApps on the public blockchain is much harder to hack than private blockchain.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:39:00 PM

both. Some companies are building their own private blockchains while those without strong resources are building their applications on the public blockchain.

Many altcoins are utility tokens that are meant to be used on their DApps and on the public blockchains. Altcoins that are running applications on the public blockchains. Look at crypto kitties, they are running on the public blockchain.

It is resource intensive to run private blockchains and most companies are just creating DApps on the public blockchain.

In my opinion public blockchains are stronger due to their greater number of nodes or miners and running DApps on the public blockchain is much harder to hack than private blockchain.
They will still have to use Bitcoin before they can fully understand how Bitcoin works. Blockchain is only part of it.

So it will be a while till they stop using Bitcoin and begin to use their own product.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:43:36 PM

They will still have to use Bitcoin before they can fully understand how Bitcoin works. Blockchain is only part of it.

So it will be a while till they stop using Bitcoin and begin to use their own product.
Not sure what you really mean that blockchain is really part of bitcoin. Fact of the matter is that bitcoin is part of blockchain. Like email is to internet, bitcoin is to blockchain.

prins

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:09:29 PM

They are building new tokens and blockchains.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: