Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:15:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Check it!" I need some supporters for this web project  (Read 595 times)
CheekyChan (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:53:21 PM

So the story goes like this:
I'm enrolled on an online course that has a ''Final Project'' contest, and the winner is designated by the amount of BTC raised and tweets of the app's link (my case: http://bogdangeorge-bitstarter-mooc.herokuapp.com/).
I am not willing to raise a fortune over this, but I'm trying to actually build a new social app (based on location and with mobile features as well) and I really appreciate any incentive from anybody who's willing to invest 0.01 BTC in it (and I also hope that, if this gets serious, the investors will gain a lot more than their initial donation over time) and/or a tweet.

PS: Let me know if you have any questions or concerns; I appreciate any reply to this post. Thanks for your interest!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3082

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:44:18 AM

the winner is designated by the amount of BTC raised

That is true for anything.

You took 10 mins to make a web page and now expect to roll in the btc huh?   Cheesy

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:55:03 AM

You took 10 mins to make a web page and now expect to roll in the btc huh?   Cheesy

This dude shows up on Bitcointalk, currently having the following stats:

Total Time Spent Online:   46 minutes.
Total Posts:   2 posts
Total Topics Started:   1 topics
Number of Polls Created:   0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   0 votes

With his first post being the following:

I need to access other threads in order in order to get some supporters for a web app project, and I believe that can be done using the Off-Topic section.
thank you!

Edit: the support, of course, is via Bitcoin donations (0.01 BTC)

And some mod released him into the wild, thus him penning his second post, the OP of this thread.

The dude shows his brilliant plan via a webpage (not site of which the dude owns): http://bogdangeorge-bitstarter-mooc.herokuapp.com/

Of which we learn the answers to the only two FAQs...

What is this project about?
Sharing opinions about places (e.g. restaurants, bars, resorts), products (e.g. beers, sodas, food) or anything that you wish.

When will it be ready?
Soon.

And you have the gull to stick it up this dude's ass. Who do you think you are? Me? Besides, it's not like this dude is trying to raise $15,000 in 30 days or somthing. Oh, wait... Nevermind!
CheekyChan (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:51:39 AM

I don't expect anything from this point on - it's fine. I got the sense of how things work now  Wink

Thank you!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:58:30 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 09:19:44 AM by jackjack

This dude shows up on Bitcointalk, currently having the following stats:

Total Time Spent Online:   46 minutes.
Total Posts:   2 posts
Total Topics Started:   1 topics
Number of Polls Created:   0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   0 votes

With his first post being the following:

I need to access other threads in order in order to get some supporters for a web app project, and I believe that can be done using the Off-Topic section.
thank you!

Edit: the support, of course, is via Bitcoin donations (0.01 BTC)

And some mod released him into the wild, thus him penning his second post, the OP of this thread.

The dude shows his brilliant plan via a webpage (not site of which the dude owns): http://bogdangeorge-bitstarter-mooc.herokuapp.com/

Of which we learn the answers to the only two FAQs...

What is this project about?
Sharing opinions about places (e.g. restaurants, bars, resorts), products (e.g. beers, sodas, food) or anything that you wish.

When will it be ready?
Soon.

And you have the gull to stick it up this dude's ass. Who do you think you are? Me? Besides, it's not like this dude is trying to raise $15,000 in 30 days or somthing. Oh, wait... Nevermind!
This

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CheekyChan (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:13:43 AM

I appreciate your critics guys - it's nice that I can see some of the mistakes that I made, as I realized that I didn't expressed my intentions clearly on the page.

"Of which we learn the answers to the only two FAQs..."

This is constructive and I believe you got a point  Wink Thanks!
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:29:13 AM

How much will you pay for me to invest these 0,01 BTC?
CheekyChan (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:42:26 AM

If I'd wanted to pay for BTC investments, I would do the investment myself.  Smiley
Truth been told, I cannot approximate how much your investment will grow over time since these kind of investments are pretty risky. Edit: that's why, at this time, the project is in need for "supporters"
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4111

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:12:28 PM

If I'd wanted to pay for BTC investments, I would do the investment myself.  Smiley
Truth been told, I cannot approximate how much your investment will grow over time since these kind of investments are pretty risky. Edit: that's why, at this time, the project is in need for "supporters"

I appreciate you being honest and up front about the matter. I'm sure that you will find supporters if you continue to be transparent. However, it seems that investments are very rare within the Bitcoin community. You have to show the real potential of your web project if you expect others to jump in and show their support.

However, how do you wish to earn a income from this project?
CheekyChan (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 12:33:26 AM

There are some strategies (written on paper - which I don't have at hand at this moment) which include the google and facebook model of advertising.
Some of these strategies that I have in mind right now cannot be shared, because that would involve to share some of the ideas of the project itself, and that would imply to "give away" some of the insights of the app.
Long story short: There are strategies for this matter, but not very clear to be honest, and I'm still thinking of which one would be the best solution.

PS: For the moment, I'm trying to focus on the execution of the project. Marketing has it's place, but it's not a priority at this time.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 03:48:17 AM

There are some strategies (written on paper - which I don't have at hand at this moment) which include the google and facebook model of advertising.
Some of these strategies that I have in mind right now cannot be shared, because that would involve to share some of the ideas of the project itself, and that would imply to "give away" some of the insights of the app.
Long story short: There are strategies for this matter, but not very clear to be honest, and I'm still thinking of which one would be the best solution.

PS: For the moment, I'm trying to focus on the execution of the project. Marketing has it's place, but it's not a priority at this time.

Clearly, you've gone outta your way to make it more clear to us, thus I'll apologize for my previous snide remarks.

Also, rechecking the site, I see you've clearly lower the amount and time frame by 30% and have the requested amount based in Bitcoin, no longer in dollars. That act alone should go a long way for all them VC bitcoiners. Smart move.
CheekyChan (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:57:09 AM

Clearly, you've gone outta your way to make it more clear to us, thus I'll apologize for my previous snide remarks.

Also, rechecking the site, I see you've clearly lower the amount and time frame by 30% and have the requested amount based in Bitcoin, no longer in dollars. That act alone should go a long way for all them VC bitcoiners. Smart move.

The previous version was using a foo template for the payments' stats, so it needed to be updated Smiley by the way, there are a lot of things that need to be updated (e.g. like working Signing Up feature), but, due to the lack of time, I make these update whenever I have the chance to do so - fact that leads us to the Subject of the Topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: