Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Cointerra 2TH/s Miner  (Read 2441 times)
bitcoinminingco (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:20:40 AM

I hope this doesn't come off as a scam but I plan to sell shares in a new 2TH/s Bitcoin Miner from www.Cointerra.com for $200 each. Once the miner is delivered and installed shareholders will receive 1% of the net income generated by the miner.  Your effective mining rate would be 20GH/s for only $200.

There is a 100 Share limit. For more information visit www.bitcoinmining.co
Bitcoin payments accepted.

Thanks,
Norman Moore
bitman442

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:19:17 AM

Why would anyone think this was a scam? You have made a whole 8 posts and have 0 trust. How would anyone know they can trust you? Do you have any references or experience hosting mining equipment? Not trying to be a jerk but nobody is going to take you seriously unless you put a little more effort into it.
bitcoinminingco (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:11:11 AM

Ok. Although I am new to the Bitcoin Community, I have 20 years experience in IT and have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration.  In my day job I oversee payroll operations for over 20,000 employees with over $300 million dollars in wages.  I'm a bit of a hack and have deployed websites that are used by several hundred customers per day.

What I have found out about the Bitcoin business in a few weeks is this...

1.  It is relatively impossible for newcomers to mine a meaningful amount of Bitcoin unless they have several thousands of dollars at their disposal or enter "group buying" arrangements.

2.  Bitcoin hardware consumers appear to be tired of hardware vendors who take "pre-orders" and months if not years to deliver on their promises.

3. 330 MH/s USB "Block Erupters" are a waste of money. 

I setup a website to see if I could help myself and others mine a little Bitcoin without losing their shirts and minds in the process. I am confident that I have the experience to install, host and maintain a Bitcoin Miner.  I am also confident that I have the background to keep my customers happy.

If you would like to offer assistance and help in this endeavor my please feel free to send me a private message. 
varunsin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:19:41 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2013, 09:39:09 AM by varunsin

Ok. Although I am new to the Bitcoin Community, I have 20 years experience in IT and have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration.  In my day job I oversee payroll operations for over 20,000 employees with over $300 million dollars in wages.  I'm a bit of a hack and have deployed websites that are used by several hundred customers per day.

What I have found out about the Bitcoin business in a few weeks is this...

1.  It is relatively impossible for newcomers to mine a meaningful amount of Bitcoin unless they have several thousands of dollars at their disposal or enter "group buying" arrangements.

2.  Bitcoin hardware consumers appear to be tired of hardware vendors who take "pre-orders" and months if not years to deliver on their promises.

3. 330 MH/s USB "Block Erupters" are a waste of money.  

I setup a website to see if I could help myself and others mine a little Bitcoin without losing their shirts and minds in the process. I am confident that I have the experience to install, host and maintain a Bitcoin Miner.  I am also confident that I have the background to keep my customers happy.

If you would like to offer assistance and help in this endeavor my please feel free to send me a private message.  

Dude, you registered like 19 days ago with 9 posts, hosting mining equipment and selling 1% mining payout for $200. You are definitely not a scammer.....
what is written in those Big Text Blocks?? your CV I suppose, I didn't had time to read actually.

Good luck with your sales  Smiley
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:11:46 AM

Would be interested in a Cointerra group buy for chips if someone would organise one and if someone could actually assemble them.

Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:18:47 AM

Well I am glad to invest in your offer, since I am also a new into bitcoin mining and have a difficulty to startup.

Do you plan to buy it alone or after enough shares are paid??
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:25:28 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 01:36:49 AM by voxelot

2.  Bitcoin hardware consumers appear to be tired of hardware vendors who take "pre-orders" and months if not years to deliver on their promises.

This is a group buy for a pre-order so it is impossible to say that Cointerra will deliver. I know I am still waiting for avalons and do not think we will be waiting on Cointerra anyway.

Would you be interested in merging your group buy with bobsag3 group buy?

I could also organize a group buy for Cointerra ASICs if you guys are interested.  I am a bit of dev working on K16s and wouldn't mind donating some time to getting some reels of Cointerras out.  I will consider this.
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:02:55 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 06:49:37 PM by DyslexicZombei

voxelot doth speak some wisdom in the fact that: it's better to succeed together then to fail separately; esp. as a newcomer. Then again: I am biased as I am representing bobsag3 who is a vetted Group Buy Coordinator and the top Bitcoin Miner Host in my index at the moment. He's thought about how to run these in a professional manner. He's serious enough that he's close to setting up his own dedicated building for hosting with a 120A backup generator. Oh and voxelot is close to also being a vetted miner host in my matchmaking services as well. Smiley

Hi Norman,

Would you happen to work at Ceridian in Atlanta? If you can send me proof to this effect [clear photo of Govt. ID and clear photo with you holding ID] and agree to send me a duplicate message through this forum *and* LinkedIn, then I may be willing to vet you as a Group Buy Coordinator on behalf of the forum (basically stick my ass out on the line for you). I will treat your credentials with confidentiality as many of the co-op members and clients of my GBEC services I work for can confirm.

You're probably wondering whoTF are you and why do you want my ID to "help" me?

Well, as a relative newbie (I had a bit more exp. on this forum & Reddit afore this I could point to) I've pulled off what you're trying to pull off & I realized that I came up with a decent template for anyone that's *serious* about breaking into this insular GB forum. One of the problems of trying to set up a GB like this is: "who controls the BTC?" "Where is this miner shipping to?" You need to break down barriers to distrust over things like this to succeed.

Here's why you should trust me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448
Here's my endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877

This is how you show you're serious and how you introduce yourself to an insular, wary market that's been burned before by evil scammers that just took off with the BTC. That's why we expect new Group Buy Coordinators to set up with an Escrow Service first. Even better: put some BTC down as collateral for your Good Behavior (the BTC equiv. of a "Surety Bond") and pay your escrow service or escrow coordinator up front to put some skin in the game via a BTC Escrow Depository so that people *know* that you're serious and that you have money/BTC to lose if you screw it up.

Here's the GB I mentioned, my first real GB attempt, where I did everything I mentioned above: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274055.0

I'm this forum's first Group Buys Escrow Coordinator (GBEC) and Miner Host Matchmaking Service. I'm an advocate for both Group Buyers *and* Sellers. I expedite orders and help organize escrowed Group Buy shares, if needed. I'm also a tireless advocate for those scammed or defrauded. I *love* squashing cockroaches or at least help to squash 'em. I'm actually trying to set up a mesh network of vetted GBECs so that it's not dependent on just 1 or 2 people.

I'm also an escrow *affiliate* that has worked out an arrangement with BTCrow so that I can can set up semi-automated Escrow protected Group Buy shares for a very low fee and refund availability; which means the buyer has more controls about *when* the BTC is finally released *and* also has post-sales dispute resolution via a neutral 3rd party that will side with the one(s) with the strongest evidence (up to 120 days in some cases).

So, yes you can break into this market if you're legit, willing to listen to the needs of the Group Buyers and, oh I dunno, maybe ask for advice from someone that's done it.  Cheesy  Wink

Sorry to hijack your thread, and please don't take it personal, but I can't help but be brutally honest even if one is my own client or not. Anyway, I can vet you for free if you're interested, because we need more people like you - if you are who you say you are - if the Bitcoin economy is ever going to really break out. I can also help preplan your Group Buy for 0.1% BTC of the proposed Group Buy and vet you simultaneously if you're interested. Just PM me if you want more of my input.

TL;DR: No other service on this forum or elsewhere exists to help new, legitimate folks such as yourself overcome the obstacles necessary to a successful first Group Buy. Doesn't mean you'll succeed but I'll help improve your odds.

If you're legit: "Welcome!" If you're a scammer: "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."  Undecided
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

Just letting you guys know, he's agreed to the vetting process but he's dealing with a family emergency.

Please don't write him off quite yet until I've had a chance to further vet him after things settle down. Thanks.
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:20:26 PM

200*100=20000$. 14000$ is cointerra's price. Where's the rest 6k vanishing? 20GH/200$ means 1GH@10$. There are GB offers for Cointerra out there for 1GH@9.15$ and even 1GH@7.8$. Even they haven't yet garnered enough interest b/c the wait till December end is kinda insane. With the amount of ASIC power being pumped out in october/november the difficulty will rise crazy.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:49:48 PM

so, has he (the op/gb organizer) been vetted yet? or is he still dealing with "family emergency"Huh
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:39:43 AM

Haven't heard back from him a peep since the (alleged) emergency. It's been 8 or 9 days. [If he's real, he's got bigger issues then a GB.]

Let's chalk this one down to a scammer that realized his marks aren't so easy.  Wink

Guess that means my free vetting services are working as intended.  Cheesy  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: