Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A newbie question about CPU Mining  (Read 381 times)
rem26

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

Unless you are overclocking too much, mining will not damage your CPU. Some CPU mined coins are a little bit profitable, and if you have access to many computers that are otherwise idle, like a big network at a company where no one is using them at night, you can definitely make plenty of profit.
this point i disagree Surely cpu mining without gpu, can damage cpu because cpu is not in design for mining.

of course many computers and have access in a company must profit because it has free hardware, free electricity, free internet.

but which boss can allow his property to be used for the benefit of others?

anyone doing hidden mining in cpu. he must become' the failed boss'

GPU's are not designed for mining either, somehow the world keeps working.

While generally CPU mining is pointless, it's not always.  I have some 1U boxes that will do higher CPU  hashrates on monero than 6+ 1070's, so it is possible.

And it's not going to break a desktop CPU.  CPU's are designed to do complex calculations.
RuslanRS

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:53:24 AM

For CPU mining use Ryzen 1700. AMD is cheaper then Intel and better for this tasks. But now, i think GPU mining is still better.
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:01:19 AM

What are the minimum investment needed to start the mining and how to calculate correctly the project ROI. Prices on video cards are too high now. Can I buy GPU of the previous generation or it'll be less profitable?

As a basic setup to learn mining, i'd go for old  Nvida 750Ti's or New 1030GT...both are cheap, and easy to buy, wont make you a ton of money but will get you into mining. Or something like R9 270/x again great little starter card for not much cash.

Don't expect to make much money at all with any previous gen card, although especially AMD cards deliver quite high hash rates, the power consumption kills profit (unless u get free power)
I'm currently building 6x 1030GT rigs....approx hash equates to 2 x 1060 3gb with power use approx 1.25 x 1060, and still cheap at the mo.
J

you are building a 6x1030gt rig, are you kidding me?
If i was you i would go for 6x rx550 rig, they can do 450h/s in cryptonight, better option then 1030gt. 6xrx550 you earn 8 usd a day, what you earn a day with 6x1030gt?

I looked at the 550's but i'm getting nowhere near 450H/s per card with my 460/560's so i'd love to know which miner / settings your using...
main reason for suggesting 1030gt's is simple, they are cheap, they are very easy to buy, and they can mine so many more algos than AMD, having said that, i am just about to buy another 6  x 1030's, but if you can show me how you earn $8 / day with 550's i am more than happy to swap and try it out....
J
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:31:39 PM

how much can i mine on it? I want to understand whether it is worth starting or all that will be mined will be given to pay bills for electricity

You can't knows if you didn't try to mining that's coins. Because of every day, hour or minute's price of coins never flat. And network diff always changes, sometimes increse or decreased.

Of those things can't be predicted how much you will get.

Can you give me links to proven pools for mining that really pay? So many scam projects I found while trying to find a pool...
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:35:57 PM

Keep in mind that you're reducing the lifespan of your device when you mine with your CPU. It certainty increases power consumption.
CPU mining is not profitable. Why do it anyway?

minerja

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

Keep in mind that you're reducing the lifespan of your device when you mine with your CPU. It certainty increases power consumption.
CPU mining is not profitable. Why do it anyway?

If you only have a low end gpu and a mid-high cpu, then cpu mining can be more profitable, you just got to pick the right coins
minerja

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

how much can i mine on it? I want to understand whether it is worth starting or all that will be mined will be given to pay bills for electricity

You can't knows if you didn't try to mining that's coins. Because of every day, hour or minute's price of coins never flat. And network diff always changes, sometimes increse or decreased.

Of those things can't be predicted how much you will get.

Can you give me links to proven pools for mining that really pay? So many scam projects I found while trying to find a pool...

What algos do you wish to mine?
What hardware are you running?

You need to provide some info, or you might as well be running into the middle of the road and shouting "hey everyone, what clothes should i wear today" equally crazy Smiley
Profuter

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:19:09 PM

You need to provide some info, or you might as well be running into the middle of the road and shouting "hey everyone, what clothes should i wear today" equally crazy Smiley

My system intel core i5-6400@2,7 GHz +16 Gb Ram DDR4 + Radeon R7 360 rev. 81 (2GB)
Algos - I don't know Smiley
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:28:07 PM

If you mining with cpu, your cpu load is 100%
And your power consumption is high if you mining. So pls calculate again your profitability before mining.
I think cpu mining is not profitable
Low hashrate, high electricity consumption
Profuter

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:34:47 PM

My system intel core i5-6400@2,7 GHz +16 Gb Ram DDR4 + Radeon R7 360 rev. 81 (2GB)
Algos - I don't know Smiley

I do not understand what I better start to mine with my characteristics? Can anybody help with link at normal (not scam) project for first start?
choychifung

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:13:50 PM

Unless you are overclocking too much, mining will not damage your CPU. Some CPU mined coins are a little bit profitable, and if you have access to many computers that are otherwise idle, like a big network at a company where no one is using them at night, you can definitely make plenty of profit.
this point i disagree Surely cpu mining without gpu, can damage cpu because cpu is not in design for mining.

of course many computers and have access in a company must profit because it has free hardware, free electricity, free internet.

but which boss can allow his property to be used for the benefit of others?

anyone doing hidden mining in cpu. he must become' the failed boss'

GPU's are not designed for mining either, somehow the world keeps working.

While generally CPU mining is pointless, it's not always.  I have some 1U boxes that will do higher CPU  hashrates on monero than 6+ 1070's, so it is possible.

And it's not going to break a desktop CPU.  CPU's are designed to do complex calculations.

so curious about what your CPU is.

SafeKeet ICO: A new cryptocurrency for a Simple, Smart & Secure digital safe deposit box
—————— ■  ICO SALE FEBRUARY 1, 2018  ■ ——————
WhitepaperBitcointalk ANNTelegramTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Profuter

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:32:29 PM

if you are a beginner, you don't  have the experience or technical skills, there are componies like "Mining Russia"  supplying services of hosting cryptoequipment for commercial mining on the territory of Russian Federation.
We are take care about everything and ready to offer you mine with us.
you can see a lot of advantages:
-Cheap electricity( 0.06$) so the electricity payments economy!!!
-A wide selection of mining equipment for mining the various cryptocurrencies. We'll help you tot find the variant for any budget.
-Security and safety your hardware.
-Full legal support with drafting a contract.
-High profit!!!
just look and begin to make money with us! http://www.miningrussia.com

So if you interested in mining crypto, let's begin with us. I would be happy to answer any qustions Viber|WhatsApp 89269254042
Your prices are very high for me. Perhaps I'll start with my computer Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: