Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which should be implemented?
rMerit (whole new system)
Merit gain when reporting someone. (Add on feature to "improve" Merit system)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for a better forum  (Read 443 times)
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:59:23 AM
Merited by zakalwe (1)

First there are way to many people selling BCT account at market place and Mod can't catch up with everything so I suggest using the report button every 10 report made could allow you to earn some merit?

I know your intentions are to improve this forum but you also need to thin about whether the propose change is practical or not. The system you suggested can be gamed in a number of ways:

1) A user can create 10 accounts , make 10 spam posts each from that account. The he will report all these from main account and earn Smerit. That is an easy way to get Smerit and spammers will completely ruin the new system.

2) One this feature is introduced, there will be a race among users. Many of them will start digging through posts made years back and reporting them. It is nice if those are removed but that will be a lot of work for the moderators.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SimplyEverything (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:08:18 AM

First there are way to many people selling BCT account at market place and Mod can't catch up with everything so I suggest using the report button every 10 report made could allow you to earn some merit?

I know your intentions are to improve this forum but you also need to thin about whether the propose change is practical or not. The system you suggested can be gamed in a number of ways:

1) A user can create 10 accounts , make 10 spam posts each from that account. The he will report all these from main account and earn Smerit. That is an easy way to get Smerit and spammers will completely ruin the new system.

2) One this feature is introduced, there will be a race among users. Many of them will start digging through posts made years back and reporting them. It is nice if those are removed but that will be a lot of work for the moderators.
That's why I suggest rMerit, which is a whole new system.
Merits stays the same - quality post
rMerits means cleaning up the forum / contribute level

-Peace-
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1285

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:15:36 AM

But I can make 10 new accounts (copy/paste) and report to Mods.
Mods will ban accounts and send me 10 merits.
Rank up and repeat. Wink Wink
That's why we could report whoever is doing that?

How about we call report merit (rMerits)? A different section to gain points on? Which will bring a whole new system into the forum? rMerits couldn't be given or what only be gained and it's a system showing how much this particular person contribute to the forum?
Merits for quality post
rMerits for contribution on cleaning the forum?
I agree with you. We need more encouragement
1. (I remember that the admin was making a list of higher reporters ).
2. better than rMerits give them (customer titles, golden Star,...etc ).

The main goal of merit system is improve post quality (you must get higher merits for that reason only).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:11:30 PM

But I can make 10 new accounts (copy/paste) and report to Mods.
Mods will ban accounts and send me 10 merits.
Rank up and repeat. Wink Wink
That's why we could report whoever is doing that?

How about we call report merit (rMerits)? A different section to gain points on? Which will bring a whole new system into the forum? rMerits couldn't be given or what only be gained and it's a system showing how much this particular person contribute to the forum?
Merits for quality post
rMerits for contribution on cleaning the forum?
I agree with you. We need more encouragement
1. (I remember that the admin was making a list of higher reporters ).
2. better than rMerits give them (customer titles, golden Star,...etc ).

The main goal of merit system is improve post quality (you must get higher merits for that reason only).
Yes that's what should be implemented feel free to add in more features if you guys think that could be improved and make sure to vote.

-Peace-
Thule

Activity: 938
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:42:39 PM

The most dumb idea's i have ever read.

You guys have clearly never seen high professional software to build accounts with high quality posts which are taken from other sources.

Also
we could make their life harder by banning them

Maybe we should ban your brain.You are going to decide who deserve to get banned or not ?

Total noobs no clue what they are talking about but who are very quickly with overusing and abusing power
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:23:04 AM

The most dumb idea's i have ever read.

You guys have clearly never seen high professional software to build accounts with high quality posts which are taken from other sources.

Also
we could make their life harder by banning them

Maybe we should ban your brain.You are going to decide who deserve to get banned or not ?

Total noobs no clue what they are talking about but who are very quickly with overusing and abusing power
Sorry if I offended you I'm just trying to contribute ideas if mine to make the forum better? If u think this idea is dumb then give me 1 good idea from you, I'm not challenging you I'm just wondering why are you so offended?

-Peace-
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:14:47 PM

I think this is a good thing to be implemented what do you think If you miss this post. Let me know what features do you think that should be implemented/ added on

-Peace-
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:49:55 PM

Unique idea indeed.I salute your thinking but I think your proposal carries both good and bad effect.
Good side is, the spammers will get a good learn who always creates disturbance in the forum.By report to mods,we can make give them a good lesson.

Bad side is, you will find some people(you must) who will report to moderator without any fruitful reason.You have to believe that there are still some greedy people who will do this kind of low quality job.This can be harmful for someone.We must think about the contribution to the forum,not to only the rank.

But,the system can make us easier to get merits,I do agree.

MarkZuckerCoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:47:23 PM

Awesome Idea i think the rMerit is good but surely people will abuse it and eventually find a loop hole and find ways to earn rMerits / Merits

am⟲n.tech | Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
| Join Whitelist today for Private ICO (on 1st March) | Get 25% Bonus + FREE Gold Card |
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

Unique idea indeed.I salute your thinking but I think your proposal carries both good and bad effect.
Good side is, the spammers will get a good learn who always creates disturbance in the forum.By report to mods,we can make give them a good lesson.

Bad side is, you will find some people(you must) who will report to moderator without any fruitful reason.You have to believe that there are still some greedy people who will do this kind of low quality job.This can be harmful for someone.We must think about the contribution to the forum,not to only the rank.

But,the system can make us easier to get merits,I do agree.
Yes that's why if the person reported without a fruitful reason the rMerit will deduct the score? Good idea?

-Peace-
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:43:44 PM

I don´t think it will work. If it would be implemented we will become new forum class - headhunters. Who will look through forum to find something "not allowed" with hope to receive merit and upgrade rank.

But, in some cases it will definitely help - stopping trolls and bots/spammers who post non-stop bounty reports with quotes from all previous posts. Am I the only one who find that very annoying  Roll Eyes
testingbits

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:03:58 PM

Why just not remove the possibility to rank up,
existing members keep their rank and all new members becomes newbies (forever).
BCT is about info/knowledges on bitcoin and cryptos, not merit and ranking up
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:52:51 PM

What do you mean? Why would you remove ranking up? This is not fair to new members who write quality posts and contribute a lot to this forum.
Yes, purpose of bitcointalk is that people can learn about bitcoin and everything connected to blockchain, but ranking system also has it's own purpose. For example newbies can't set up avatar, if they could, then there would be too many new accounts which would just spam all threads to show of their avatar and advertise something with their picture. But people who write good posts deserve to have ability to set up avatar, even if they joined only recently. Your suggestion would be discrimination against them.
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

What do you mean? Why would you remove ranking up? This is not fair to new members who write quality posts and contribute a lot to this forum.
Yes, purpose of bitcointalk is that people can learn about bitcoin and everything connected to blockchain, but ranking system also has it's own purpose. For example newbies can't set up avatar, if they could, then there would be too many new accounts which would just spam all threads to show of their avatar and advertise something with their picture. But people who write good posts deserve to have ability to set up avatar, even if they joined only recently. Your suggestion would be discrimination against them.

Exactly the Rank system is to prove that this person is trustable / has quality like a reputation system.
But the Merits are hard to earn, i believe there are more and more shit post flooding to the forum as people wants to try their luck to gain merits...
the above i suggested what do you think? Vote / comment on it thank you Cheesy

-Peace-
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 02:54:29 PM

i believe there are more and more shit post flooding to the forum as people wants to try their luck to gain merits...

That sums it up, and the ones that get the merits use their skills.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
SimplyEverything (OP)

Escrow

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 03:14:15 PM

i believe there are more and more shit post flooding to the forum as people wants to try their luck to gain merits...

That sums it up, and the ones that get the merits use their skills.

Yup i understand but what if we could have rMerits? Which helps users who can't really write quality post help them in a way maybe getting Full Members requires 200 rMerits / 100 Merits ?
rMerits is like for the hunters who tracks suspicious activities in the forum and reporting those and gain a fair reputation themselves? 

-Peace-
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: