Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:06:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying coffee with cryptocurrency  (Read 630 times)
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:39:06 AM

These are great examples I love to share people who doesn't believe cryptocurrencies.
Basically businesses loved blockchain idea, coins are legit way of digital currency and it will stay in our lives.
Would I use starbucks coin, too? Hell yeah. Holder for it Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rabbai89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:39:18 AM

This is awesome! It shows how popular crypto is getting, and I think it's awesome that it's getting used in a wider variety of markets as well! I believe the future of this market is very bright, and there is money to be made along the way! HODL tight guys!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:42:09 AM

I wonder if it can be  possible in Europe or in Russia.  However paying with BTC for coffee isn't that cool, because comissions are so high.  Apparently we have to implement another crypto for such payments.

Bitcoin isn't for the payments for products and services anymore because they're likely as money exchange or valuable asset that is only to be collected and keep them and sell them when the price is very high.
My plan is instead of Bitcoin, I'm going to accept Ripple, Cardano, Stellar or any $1 coin that could be acceptable in my portfolio.
This idea would become reality when implemented.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

nice this is good news for crypto users, they should make their own cryptocurrency than accepting bitcoin like KFC did and I think it was bad idea because of the high fees of bitcoin.

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

More businesses are accepting cryptocurrency as a payment for their product especially in food and beverage section. In canada KFC are accepting Bitcoin as a payment and now there is a news about Starbucks planing to use blockchain technology and want to make their own coin that can be use to buy cup of coffee.
Link: https://www.coindesk.com/starbucks-chairman-hot-blockchain-cold-bitcoin/

i believe this is good news for uses of cryptocurrency, which is the uses of cryptocurrency as payment would be realize in our future of transaction.
This is a sign that the cryptocurrency is gradually being accepted internationally and that cryptocurrency may replace cash in the future. And according to Starbucks executive chairman: if there are many applications to meet consumers. In the near future cryptocurrency will completely replace the cash.
tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:11:07 AM

They really are doing the right thing in doing so. The more space crypto currency will take in the everyday life of ordinary people, the more influence it will get. Coffee is one of the most popular products in the world. According to statistics it ranks second after oil. And spread it using a cryptocurrency would be a great marketing idea. I hope that soon there will be coffee vending machines that will accept payment for the coffee in the cryptocurrency.
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

nice this is good news for crypto users, they should make their own cryptocurrency than accepting bitcoin like KFC did and I think it was bad idea because of the high fees of bitcoin.

long transfer time also a problem with BTC that we need to think about..
BTC had a transfer fees and transfer time problem.. I hope there will be some people that invent a better and faster way for us to use cryptocurrency into our everyday's life ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:22:36 AM

Well that is good to hear if Starbucks will soon accept digital currencies as payment or to buy you a cup of coffee. And them creating a coin, well that is something to look forward to because Starbucks is a huge company. I'm sure if they will create a coin it'll be successful and many people will use them to buy themselves a cup. But of course a lot of consideration will take place if that will be the case too because the coffee we buy at Starbucks around the world are taxed.
KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:23:55 AM

More businesses are accepting cryptocurrency as a payment for their product especially in food and beverage section. In canada KFC are accepting Bitcoin as a payment and now there is a news about Starbucks planing to use blockchain technology and want to make their own coin that can be use to buy cup of coffee.

i believe this is good news for uses of cryptocurrency, which is the uses of cryptocurrency as payment would be realize in our future of transaction.

That's great news. I really look forward a few more years from now, cryto will rule the world! Smiley Also, another major event would be Bitcoin Lightning Network, boy things will change, fast! Smiley
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:29:27 AM

well that will be cool like you can tip or buy a coffee for other people
before i see some tip site that can be added in website like buy me a coffee in bitcoin
but today i think no one will use it because the fee in bitcoin is expensive as of now we can only use bitcoin for large transaction

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

Of course it would be just fine if this could really be done, but I think that until all the people of the planet can not realize that bitcoin is better than gold and that it has a huge demand, only after that it is equated to value and will sell and buy
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:36:49 AM

Its great to see more shop accepting crypto, but I dont know about all people create their own crypto, it will make the crypto strength become weakened and it will create bunch of weak coin instead of one great coin, but I still like how its going to affect the crypto popularity
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:41:04 AM

It is sure that we will use cryptocurrencies in futures trading, but it will not be right for Bitcoin. We can buy a cafe with cryptocurrencies, but with Bitcoin, the exchange rate is very high, people treat it as a property to hold, not to trade. Moreover, the future of altcoins will replace Bitcoin and become the official currency in the world.

JRDuran

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:48:58 AM

We don't know how far the cryptocurrency will stablish the world but as far as I know,  every changes that cause by crypto is totally desirable.
yudhistira

Activity: 347

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

These are really good news. More and more small private establishments and shops
are beginning to accept cryptocurrencies, which is good news.
It will be harder for big chains like KFC.

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:11:40 AM

this is good news, at least more and more establishments are recognizing the power of cryptocurrency, once more on more establishments are accepting cryptocurrency there will be a lot of opportunities for us to explore the cryptocurrency world. Price of cryptocurrency will surely rise due to scarcity of coins when time comes.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:20:05 AM

With cryptocurrencies you don't have to buy coffee. You get complimentary coffee as part of your investment in a coffee ICO.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:02:28 PM

A cup of coffee will obviously not be enough for people to understand the benefits of cryptocurrencies. But many European countries already offer crypto for salary payments, they allow paying for utility bills. Show people that crypto not only allows you to pay or transfer money quickly, but they can also be accumulated for investments to increase your financial income. Then the business of distributing digital currencies will go easier.

when you buy a coffe and you pay using a crypto you will already understand the benfit or purpose of crypto which is for payment  but this isnt the only use for crypto because aside from buying a coffee you can also use your cryptos to buy any other stuffs in many market places but its rare to see crypto being used as a form of salary payment on offline jobs that are not related to cryptos  although it was cool to to hear that idea   . only the asset use of cryptos are not yet figured out by the many but we can educate them if we want to  .
WersicyMonree

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:04:47 PM

A cup of coffee will obviously not be enough for people to understand the benefits of cryptocurrencies. But many European countries already offer crypto for salary payments, they allow paying for utility bills. Show people that crypto not only allows you to pay or transfer money quickly, but they can also be accumulated for investments to increase your financial income. Then the business of distributing digital currencies will go easier.
Demand is really still very small, although a huge number of excellent coins and projects are amazing. The adoption of cryptocurrencies in society must be combined with information work. For example, the taklimakan platform was created as a new social network so that people who like crypto can communicate with each other, with trading experts, can learn or spread knowledge about digital currencies. There is no goal to support a specific ico project, but the task is to create a society that is aimed at the use of crypto for different life goals.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 05:14:52 PM

We are seeing maturity in the market as times goes and i am not a fan of everyone creating their own coin to trade, if we are to do that then how long will that market survive is the biggest question, we have bitcoin and if everyone starts accepting bitcoin then it is well and good but for everyone to create their own blockchain is just ridiculous.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: