Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRE ICO LIVE] CellBlocks: An Economy for Inmates in the Prison System  (Read 4477 times)
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:26:07 AM

Cellblocks is a very interesting idea. How did you guys come up with this idea and what made you decide to use the blockchain to solve these problems?

First and foremost it creates trust, in prison no one trust no one.  By using this the tokens on the blockchain, it removes the need for trust. As you can see here, lots of guards in prison steal inmates funds, just google it . http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20160818/NEWS/160819619
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:27:07 AM

Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:35:38 PM

Is there an advantage to registering for the Cellblocks sale early? Are there referral bonuses?

Besides the bonus plan?  That is the huge part. Yes, we also offer a referral program for people you refer.  Once you sign up for the whitelist, you will get your code.

I wasn't aware of the referral plan. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. I love when projects do that because I think it really helps to get the word out about the project. Only 28 days until the ICO starts.  I can't wait for that 25% bonus. I think you guys are going to sell all in one day.  Grin
bit-joker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:14:05 PM

Will prisoners need access to smart devices in order to use CellBlocks? I'm interested in learning how it works on the prisoner side.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:52:10 PM

I think the prisoner financial system has needed reform for quite some time. I think those in charge appear to know this as well. I think this is a really good solution and you guys have relatively no competition. Has your team encountered any challenges so far and if so, how did you overcome it?
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 05:58:39 PM

A crypto for the prison inmates sounds like a crazy idea to me. What! Do prisoners have thee the freedom to trade cryptos??
? Honestly, I see so much bottle necks from governments and the authorities ‘cos to me it doesn’t even adds up with many countries trying to ban cyrptocurrencies. Some countries don’t even allow their inmates to use phones less to talk of kiosks for wallets and trading. Looks bleak to me if I might say.

Marizy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

I don't understand. Why would there be money involved in the cells? Those inmates need to pay for their food in prison? I thought it's free?
The same question with you, prisoners get money to pay
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:04:21 PM

I don't understand. Why would there be money involved in the cells? Those inmates need to pay for their food in prison? I thought it's free?

The food is free but not commissary, like the good food like snacks, or if you want to pay an inmate to design cards, do art, tattoos ect.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:05:41 PM

I wasn't aware of the referral plan. I'm definitely going to take advantage of that. I love when projects do that because I think it really helps to get the word out about the project. Only 28 days until the ICO starts.  I can't wait for that 25% bonus. I think you guys are going to sell all in one day.  Grin

For the first 4 hours it is up to 56% bonus
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:10:00 PM

Will prisoners need access to smart devices in order to use CellBlocks? I'm interested in learning how it works on the prisoner side.

No they will use a kiosk based system like this one where they can login to their desktop account and there will be their wallet to use.

cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:13:42 PM

I think the prisoner financial system has needed reform for quite some time. I think those in charge appear to know this as well. I think this is a really good solution and you guys have relatively no competition. Has your team encountered any challenges so far and if so, how did you overcome it?

None as of yet, the approval process through the state takes a few months though.  We are going to start out as a pilot program in the prison they give us, then from there we will easily expand through the state as they see it working. From there, we can sell this to any state as they will start to pick up on the idea.

It's the same way cannabis started by one state, now every other state allows it in one way or another.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:21:40 PM

A crypto for the prison inmates sounds like a crazy idea to me. What! Do prisoners have thee the freedom to trade cryptos??
? Honestly, I see so much bottle necks from governments and the authorities ‘cos to me it doesn’t even adds up with many countries trying to ban cyrptocurrencies. Some countries don’t even allow their inmates to use phones less to talk of kiosks for wallets and trading. Looks bleak to me if I might say.

Really?  The state of New York and Colorado has just gave every inmate a free tablet so they can face-time with their family.   Also we have got a bunch of letters from wardens who support the idea along with being asked to give presentations to 4 state department of corrections about the benefits of this token.  We have already given our first presentation to one state and their staff

- The Director of Prisons
- Inspector General for the Department of Corrections 
- Chief of Purchasing & Inmate Services
- Dept of Corrections Banking Supervisor
- Committee Manager Senate Judiciary Committee

Does not seem so far fetched to me.    Anything that is a first could be looked at as far fetched.

As a former president once so wisely put it:

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are
certain to miss the future.” —John F. Kennedy
kanways8

Activity: 388
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

i dont think government and prisons will be approve this. This cant be used in real world i think. good for traders some time  Grin but they have good team and good vision if this can success it will be up. but transactions are untraceable prisoners can be use this for illegal works.
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:10:49 PM

i dont think government and prisons will be approve this. This cant be used in real world i think. good for traders some time  Grin but they have good team and good vision if this can success it will be up. but transactions are untraceable prisoners can be use this for illegal works.

Not untraceable,  it is semi traceable.  We have already talked to the state and now what they want to make this work/ 
DecibelsICO
Copper Member

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:12:44 PM

This has to be the stupidest and most disrespectful name to be used for a ICO ever.

1. It seems you are mocking the prisoners with their own form of payment.

2. Although the IDEA is 100% golden, the people behind it seem like a bunch of fools who would not only discriminate within this system, but also have no knowledge of what goes on within the prisons as well as how they would effect lives with this. You need to approach this very sensitively and not just treat this one as a ICO.

I suggest you completely revise your APPROACH at this idea. I do not think you should scrap it completely as it is a very promising idea, it just seems you guys had no personal attachment to the situations involved with this and would have no knowledge as to how to approach it in a positive manner.

Who in the hell would want to be in prison spending "CellBlocks"....you would be mocking them the second they received their food in the morning or bought their toothpaste.

This is like rolling out a "Fag" sticker in the middle of a gay parade and saying "it's basically the same thing just accept it.".....It isn't it's very disrespectful regardless of it meaning something to lesser people.

Send me a message and I can aid you guys in this. I have a very promising name, design, and approach for this and could 100% aid your team in approaching this correctly. All I can say is that you will be laughed at by any consumer attempting to use this besides the corrupt prison guard officials and wardens.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:14:38 PM

I think you drastically underestimate the need for something like this in prisons. You should look into it. I am typically pessimistic about overly ambitious projects, but I truly do think Cellblocks could get adopted in prisons. Especially since they are taking appropriate action to try to get prisons in on this. It also appears that the prisons are very interested as well.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
cellblocks (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:36:35 PM

I think you drastically underestimate the need for something like this in prisons. You should look into it. I am typically pessimistic about overly ambitious projects, but I truly do think Cellblocks could get adopted in prisons. Especially since they are taking appropriate action to try to get prisons in on this. It also appears that the prisons are very interested as well.

You are correct.  Remember the state prison system is broke, this is nothing new.  Prisons are not a for profit business.   Anything that can help them save serious money, they will be open to.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:40:00 PM

No they will use a kiosk based system like this one where they can login to their desktop account and there will be their wallet to use.

That kiosk looks legit. I think the idea for a kiosk was pretty smart and definitely more sturdy than just having a computer.
SShikakAA

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:19:27 AM

Hi everyone. I've just found SWOT-analysis for this project. Does it seem realistic, how do you think? http://swot.digrate.com/report/f46e80a2-c460-4647-b0e5-8c6a3cd48fb9
olamidey

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 01:41:19 PM

it's a crazy idea. the craziest of the century Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin legislations must even be involved in this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: