Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on my alts.  (Read 366 times)
SPAZo (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:57:41 AM

Hey guys first time poster, I enjoy the technology of blockchain and what can be done with it.

I bought these during the January ATH and only then did i learn to buy in the 2018 ATL.
I think some of them were mistakes and some were good choices but im hodl bags that i wont sell to they regain the purchase price.
Please give me your analysis.

XRP – Bought when it was mooning and now its worth 50% of what I paid.
ETH – Bought at 25% below ATH.
XLM – Bought at ATH
Cardano - Bought at ATH
Tron - Bought  close to ATH
Bat – Bought  close to ATH
Quanstamp - Bought  close to ATH
Kyber – its around 30% under purchase price
DeepBrainChain – biggested investment yet. $8k usd. Once at 2 cents, 40 cents and 57 cents.
Onion – holding strong just above purchase price.
Eos - holding strong just above purchase price.
Ven - holding strong above purchase price.
Qtum - holding strong at purchase price.
Selfkey - holding strong around purchase price.
PRL – shit the bed. 75% down from purchase price
Drgn – 50% down from purchase price
Dent - %50 down from purchase price.

ICOS
Bar
Wikibits – big investment on these guys, not sure how to feel.
Pundix – a long hold.
Amlt – got advice to get this.
Hoqu – first ico.
Tradove – had good reviews.

Thanks
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:18:08 PM

You have a good and well diversified set of coins, but I'd recommend to check out the Odyssey project. It has a very good team and advisor (Justin San). He is also tied with the Tron project.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
nickmayhem

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

Get Upto Date News Of Gold

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:21:44 PM

I don't think that is a bad portfolio.

Infact I would love to have similar kind of diversity.

I am not a pro at trading but I would say that hold because this is just wait and watch game.

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:24:35 PM

From your post, most of your Altcoins were bought at ATH. It's no surprise that half of your portfolio are 50% down in value. Next time, do not forget the golden rule which is to buy the dip (for quality altcoins) and sell off for profit when its high.

For the ICOs, you probably should strategise on either buying when there's a huge bonus (for the early buyers) or wait for it to hit the exchanges to buy it low as soon as it gets dumped.

Qtum and Cardano are good pick for alts.
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:30:54 PM

How much money do you have in your portfolio? If we are talking about small amounts, then it might not be a good idea to diversify this much, because although you are reducing risks, you are reducing the money you can make as well. It might be a better idea to invest in fewer but more secure coins.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:31:52 PM

Your portfolio is well diversified and those alts were good and I bet that it is really awesome for you to hodl those coins. But there is something's wrong on your choices. Those coins, you bought most of them at its ath. I bet you're a trader that have a lot of funds for taking profits. I recommend you to join signal groups for you to win more! Smiley. Might help.
SPAZo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:40:12 PM

Thank you for all the replies.

I have invested a bit but not sure if say trx will hit 20 cents again or if XRP will ever return to $2.50?
I just didnt do as much research as I should have before buying.

I do feel as if I have diversified too much... I hope this doesnt cripple me in the long run.

I am looking at ICOS now.. I feel as if i should of invested in ICOs and not so many of these alt coins.

I believe in blockchain and as a evolving peice of technology of the future.

And.. to be honest i wish i had just invested it all into Walton chain.
Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:45:17 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 12:56:51 PM by Snorren

I think you are over-diversified. It's unlikely that one will find 15 really great coins. Even more unlikely that the best timing for buying these coins would be during the same month.
You could have bought and held eth or neo for 3 months and just lost money if you had bad timing, same with any coin. Long term - product quality. Medium term - Market state. Short term - Coin price state.

It doesn't matter if you buy a great coin if you only hold for 2-3 months and either bought when the market was ATH or bought when just that coin hit ATH.

Personally I hold 5 alts + btc. Each of them is according to me the best coin for that time period.

1 very long term (3 years)
3 medium term (6 months)
1 short term (1-2 month)

If you find a good looking coin, follow if for 2 weeks and to learn it and wait a good op to buy it. Perhaps do nothing but sell off some coins and convert to fiat to buy it in the next market dip.
Never rush-buy any coin. Its better to miss out on several coins than to sit with a big bag of ATH buys.

If you do good research on every coin, price fluctuations won't  affect you as much. Just trust your analysis.
I have had very good gains in my investments and I have never bought ICO. I buy it 3 months after ICO when I can see some results and not only ICO hype and talk. If something goes up 3000% from ICO I only get maybe 1500% but I never lose money.
bit_smoke

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:50:12 PM

I think you picked some good coins there! It's good to diversify portfolio. Don't sell at a loss, better to wait for the next bull market and take your profit.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

Hey guys first time poster, I enjoy the technology of blockchain and what can be done with it.

I bought these during the January ATH and only then did i learn to buy in the 2018 ATL.
I think some of them were mistakes and some were good choices but im hodl bags that i wont sell to they regain the purchase price.
Please give me your analysis.

XRP – Bought when it was mooning and now its worth 50% of what I paid.
ETH – Bought at 25% below ATH.
XLM – Bought at ATH
Cardano - Bought at ATH
Tron - Bought  close to ATH
Bat – Bought  close to ATH
Quanstamp - Bought  close to ATH
Kyber – its around 30% under purchase price
DeepBrainChain – biggested investment yet. $8k usd. Once at 2 cents, 40 cents and 57 cents.
Onion – holding strong just above purchase price.
Eos - holding strong just above purchase price.
Ven - holding strong above purchase price.
Qtum - holding strong at purchase price.
Selfkey - holding strong around purchase price.
PRL – shit the bed. 75% down from purchase price
Drgn – 50% down from purchase price
Dent - %50 down from purchase price.

ICOS
Bar
Wikibits – big investment on these guys, not sure how to feel.
Pundix – a long hold.
Amlt – got advice to get this.
Hoqu – first ico.
Tradove – had good reviews.

Thanks

I think your altcoins stash is nice as is but you shouldn't have had bought them at an all time high. Nevertheless, set your target selling prices now while it is early so that you can determine how long you will really hold those coins. I also suggest that you set your sell orders already to the prices you intend to sell them too if they are inside an exchange so that you won't need to open and look on it daily just to see if the current price is what you are waiting for.
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:06:31 PM

Your investment plan is too fragmented. I don't think this is a good phenomenon.
You should study each token and then distribute the money to several tokens. If you want to make more profit, you can invest most of your money in ICO, because ICO is the way to get high returns.

SPAZo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:09:48 PM

i Agree.

Which ones would you recommend I catagorize into short, med, long term holds?
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:32:55 PM

Quite a huge collection you have there. For me, xrp is not really my thing.
ETH very nice to hold this year. Is going to moon really good.
Onion is also good.
Cardano will moon too, has a good prospect.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:44:15 PM

I don't known your mean? But you invest in many coin!
Many coin price down after ICO and in exchange!
SPAZo (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:48:19 PM

I am not the biggest fan of XRP but it was my first crypto purchase.

I have been watching crypo on and off for years.

To be honest with you, I was a semi pro gamer in late 2009 i was given 50 btc which were worth about around $1 back then.. but lost them when the hard drive got bad sectors and the wallet was on it and thrown out back then...

It was just as expensive to send the coins to Mtgox back then and would of taken 1 week to send and receive.
Yes sad story but oh well.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

It's always good to have your portfolio diversified.  I would also recommend buying some Bitcoin and a 3rd generation cross-blockchain such as Aion or Aeternity, they will be booming in 2018.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

I think these coins and your portfolio are just awesome, you can continue to keep your coins without even fear of crash. Good luck

jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:11:45 PM

skip consideration of the icos, your altcoins is very good according to my reviews. however, it looks like you bought the wrong time. Now, the best way is continue to hold them and sell when it reached the target. in my opinion, tron and xrp should not continue holding them. the split investment too many types of altcoin are not good methods. the possibility of profits will be reduced when divided by many development-oriented

Make me great again
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

Your portfolio is sufficiently diversified (As it 's said : you picked a flower from each garden  Wink ) "which seems to be well planned portfolio " but l'd highly recommand that you add to it BTC; because as you know, it has dropped enough & will go upper in the future .
Good luck
coskunc

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

XRP – an unbalanced coin that I dont like, but you can keep it till a pump...
ETH – always promising...

Quanstamp - same ass mee! will hodl till 2 bucks

DeepBrainChain – %50 loss for me, keeping for a couple of months
Onion – nice coin
Ven - perfect coin .  -- - -- - VEN, AION and ICX rules
Drgn – perfect coin

You have a nice hodl portfolio, your timing was bad that's all... Didnt like XRP, TRON and PRL in ur portfolio...
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: