Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:24:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprouting Bitbean is 10X more profitable than mining  (Read 20040 times)
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

Bitbean hah, i saw this post too back in January and considered investing in it.

So, any inputs from those who did? Did you guys really earn something from this sprouting gig or did it's value tank like almost every other coin out there?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:44:08 PM

Bitbean hah, i saw this post too back in January and considered investing in it.

So, any inputs from those who did? Did you guys really earn something from this sprouting gig or did it's value tank like almost every other coin out there?

I bought 5000 BITB in two lots of 2500 back in March and February, spending around $38 total, IIRC. It's now worth $16 and I haven't received a single sprout in all that time, despite that the wallet has been synced and running more or less continuously on a laptop I set up specifically for running wallets. So, this experiment has played out exactly as I expected based on the amount of money I was willing to put into it...  Grin

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:06:22 PM

I bought 5000 BITB in two lots of 2500 back in March and February, spending around $38 total, IIRC. It's now worth $16 and I haven't received a single sprout in all that time, despite that the wallet has been synced and running more or less continuously on a laptop I set up specifically for running wallets. So, this experiment has played out exactly as I expected based on the amount of money I was willing to put into it...  Grin

You're doing something wrong... or you aren't holding enough coins to allow for sprouting, possibly.
I bought over a million coins mid july, and I've been sprouting in batches of 1000 every couple of days ever since. It's held its value fairly well too in the grand scheme of bear market crypto so I'm not down much at all.

Working as intended, I'd say!
MagicSmoker

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:01:52 PM

You're doing something wrong... or you aren't holding enough coins to allow for sprouting, possibly.
I bought over a million coins mid july, and I've been sprouting in batches of 1000 every couple of days ever since. It's held its value fairly well too in the grand scheme of bear market crypto so I'm not down much at all.

Yeah, two key things you did different from me: you bought at a much more attractive price - I was wrong, my average cost was closer to 0.01 per BITB, or $50 total - and you bought way more of it. I have considered buying more over the past few months to give me a better chance of sprouting, but seeing as this project doesn't do anything new or have an interesting use case I haven't bothered.
plasmodesmata (OP)

Activity: 402
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:36:32 PM

Yeah, two key things you did different from me: you bought at a much more attractive price - I was wrong, my average cost was closer to 0.01 per BITB, or $50 total - and you bought way more of it. I have considered buying more over the past few months to give me a better chance of sprouting, but seeing as this project doesn't do anything new or have an interesting use case I haven't bothered.

the Bear market. OUCH. My mining rigs have been off for months but Beans are still sprouting strong and generating satoshis daily. 5000 beans really isn't enough to make a micrometeorite worth of impact. But I would like to drop one nugget of information on you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEo8pSSPiE
MagicSmoker

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:11:22 PM

the Bear market. OUCH. My mining rigs have been off for months but Beans are still sprouting strong and generating satoshis daily. 5000 beans really isn't enough to make a micrometeorite worth of impact. But I would like to drop one nugget of information on you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEo8pSSPiE

Sure, the interval between sprouts with just 5k beans is quite extended, but I should have received at least one sprout by now (it's been 9 months). I may buy another 15k beans to bring the sprouting interval down to around 2 months, but no way am I going to spend more than this token amount - another $18, basically - on a project I otherwise never viewed as anything but an interesting experiment.

invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 06:59:14 AM

i have a drop over 10k in a wallet ...

it says expected time to earn reward is 92 days Huh

it has been synched for 23 days now ?

Huh
plasmodesmata (OP)

Activity: 402
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 10:43:51 PM

i have a drop over 10k in a wallet ...

it says expected time to earn reward is 92 days Huh

it has been synched for 23 days now ?

Huh

10k Beans is very few...I've had 6 sprouts today. not enough for me so I'm turning my mining rigs back on... its cold in the house anyway.
invisiblefriend321

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:37:33 AM

kinda a wasted project  IMO  Huh
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:21:59 AM

kinda a wasted project  IMO  Huh
From your view, probably every coin is a wasted project right now  Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
invisiblefriend321

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:23:40 AM

kinda a wasted project  IMO  Huh
From your view, probably every coin is a wasted project right now  Grin

actually quite opposite -i have some incredible investments in this area ! - wish u didn't judge .. but i understand i spoke poorly about the beans ..? i wanna luv the project !

i held my coins for over a year -- then decided to throw in wallet to try the sprouting ..... its been months with no sprouts
.. have not had much luck ?   no sprouting ... and long time estimate from wallet ?

im glad its working for you but it must be selective ??

im all about decentralized blockchain especially bitcoin of course !

maybe you could offer some assistance if the sprouting really works ?

I have no problems staking other coins or running my nodes ?

but this sprouting is not working ?

thx in advance

namaste
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:00:28 PM

Im bit confused here.  So if you have beancash, you could store it in a wallet to get more beancash?  Something similar to like waves where they give out rewards etc?

Also thoughts on beancash?  I bought a while back and the price has dropped huge already. 
jerry0

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 04:17:40 AM

Any future with bitbean or beancash as now its called?
dragonmike

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 12:31:09 PM

All I can say is I've been sprouting beans ever since I bought and had my wallet open. Daily.

The only shame is that the coin has lost a lot of value since last summer and the staking hasn't compensated for the price drop.

But oh well, that's the same picture everywhere. We're all waiting for the bull market to come back...
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 01:35:16 PM

I bought 5000 BITB in two lots of 2500 back in March and February, spending around $38 total, IIRC. It's now worth $16 and I haven't received a single sprout in all that time...

Lol... I finally got a sprout on my original 5000 BITB after a year. Too bad I need to get 10 more sprouts just to break even.  Roll Eyes

Crypto - the dotcom bubble 2.0

dragonmike

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:29:48 PM

I bought 5000 BITB in two lots of 2500 back in March and February, spending around $38 total, IIRC. It's now worth $16 and I haven't received a single sprout in all that time...

Lol... I finally got a sprout on my original 5000 BITB after a year. Too bad I need to get 10 more sprouts just to break even.  Roll Eyes

Crypto - the dotcom bubble 2.0

Well, at least you know you did everything correctly!
Basically your holding just increased by 20% in a year, what are you complaining about? Grin

Tbh the problem with staking and sprouting with smaller coins is that they just cannot sustain their own inflation. Add a nice bear market on top of it and you've got your little personal disaster!  Cheesy
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 02:41:09 PM

Lol... I finally got a sprout on my original 5000 BITB after a year. Too bad I need to get 10 more sprouts just to break even.  Roll Eyes
Well, at least you know you did everything correctly!
Basically your holding just increased by 20% in a year, what are you complaining about? Grin

Tbh the problem with staking and sprouting with smaller coins is that they just cannot sustain their own inflation. Add a nice bear market on top of it and you've got your little personal disaster!  Cheesy

Yeah, a similar thing happened with TrezarCoin, but at least they are developing a use case called TrezarTravels; BitBean or BeanCash or whatever the fuck this disaster is called has absolutely nothing going on except inflation. Bring on the Weimar Republic style wheelbarrows to carry around $100 worth of BEAN.

Meh, I'm feeling a bit salty these days because my last running mining rig decided to start throwing a bunch of Kernel Power errors and it's been a year since I had to mess with pixel clock patcher and all the other fun stuff that goes along with getting AMD cards to mine.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2019, 04:03:18 PM

Im bit confused here.  So if you have beancash, you could store it in a wallet to get more beancash?  Something similar to like waves where they give out rewards etc?
You need to have your beancash wallet open 24/7, or as much time as possible, this way you are "sprouting" your beans.
You can find a Bean Cash Sprouting Calculator HERE

Also thoughts on beancash?  I bought a while back and the price has dropped huge already.  
Every coins price dropped huge in the past year Smiley
BTC  from 20000$ to 3900$
ETH  from 1300$ to 130$
ETC from 40$ to 4.5$
LTC from 300$ to 52$
BCH from 3500$ to 133$
BITB from 0.027$ to 0.000794$ ( BeanCash )
.....and more and more and more ...
as of Marc-03-2019

Also thoughts on beancash?
My thoughts on beancash and on all other coins are HERE

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
jerry0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 05:57:51 PM

Okay so what is the official beancash wallet?  So don't bother keeping it in an exchange then?

Wait so you mean have my computer turned no as long as possible and the wallet as well to sprout the beans?  What exactly is sprouting?  So we can get more beancash by having the wallet opened or something?  Example you have 10000 beancash.  You keep your computer on for 12 hours a day with the wallet open, what do you get after a day, a week, a monmth?

jerry0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 05:59:20 PM

All I can say is I've been sprouting beans ever since I bought and had my wallet open. Daily.

The only shame is that the coin has lost a lot of value since last summer and the staking hasn't compensated for the price drop.

But oh well, that's the same picture everywhere. We're all waiting for the bull market to come back...

How much are you getting by sprouting?  Example you have 5000 or 10000 bitbean.  So you sprout it but how much you get a week or month?  So you telling me if you sprout it... say with 10000 bitbean... after say a month, you can get 10 or so?  Im randoming thinking of a number.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: