Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SAFE] Safecoin - Community Edition of Solana  (Read 60033 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (153 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
eternity343

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:36:27 PM

So what now? Project dead? Huh

Too early to tell, but doesn't look very good when Safe dev team don't understand details of Komodo notaries and their purpose for delayed PoW. It's like you guys are attempting to clone a Tesla car but don't understand the whole technology requires batteries to work, and when Elon pointed this out and offered to help you spat the dummy, at Elon!

You guys need to drop the 'we were attacked' alternative facts Trump routine and concentrate on explaining how Safe works without notaries, what adjustments have you made to compensate?
Comparison with the Tesla is not appropriate. If you are not allowed to understand the essence of things - do not judge everyone by your standard.
Komodo developers so much afraid of open competition that decided to make a circus? Penny they cost. Laughs best who laughs last.
Let's talk about it a year later?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:55:28 PM

Too early to tell, but doesn't look very good when Safe dev team don't understand details of Komodo notaries and their purpose for delayed PoW. It's like you guys are attempting to clone a Tesla car but don't understand the whole technology requires batteries to work, and when Elon pointed this out and offered to help you spat the dummy, at Elon!

You guys need to drop the 'we were attacked' alternative facts Trump routine and concentrate on explaining how Safe works without notaries, what adjustments have you made to compensate?
Comparison with the Tesla is not appropriate. If you are not allowed to understand the essence of things - do not judge everyone by your standard.
Komodo developers so much afraid of open competition that decided to make a circus? Penny they cost. Laughs best who laughs last.

What do you want the comparison to be with? This forked coin devs doesn't even understand how Komodo works. I wonder if they have any dev knowledge, let alone crypto.

Komodo code is open source, open for all who can read and understand. Look like the SAFE devs are not capable of understanding the code at all, they even brag about improved code.

Laugh all your day. That will be very beneficial only for you. You will get some amusement from that. In other words, your time wasted.

Try to do something meaningful with your life, something that can benefit you and if possible others.
eternity343

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:15:53 PM

What do you want the comparison to be with? This forked coin devs doesn't even understand how Komodo works. I wonder if they have any dev knowledge, let alone crypto.
Komodo code is open source, open for all who can read and understand. Look like the SAFE devs are not capable of understanding the code at all, they even brag about improved code.
Laugh all your day. That will be very beneficial only for you. You will get some amusement from that. In other words, your time wasted.
Try to do something meaningful with your life, something that can benefit you and if possible others.

A blind blind guide. This is fork, and you showed the inconsistency of your own code.
Your statements are unsubstantiated. It looks like a fart in a puddle. Show me where it is claimed that the original Komodo soursce code is improved?
On the contrary, if you understood the essence of the project then you would know that the development team combines all the best and do not reinvent the wheel where there is already a good solution.
Because of these actions, the Komodo project will lose much more in the future.
Do not worry about me, better watch your actions. And yes - try  to do things in a meaningful way with your life, something that can benefit you and if possible others, rather than engage in measuring the length of the penis.
Do not bother to answer me - I do not need ill-mannered arrogant interlocutors.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:15:19 PM

Surely as rightly pointed out jl777B there are several similarities with Komodo, starting from the site itself, and of course atomic swaps and all the rest of the roadmap is still to be demonstrated ....

but just Safecoin is the first true fork of Komodo, so obvious that it takes part of the code and its characteristics, and still has the whole road ahead .....

however, from the roadmap you can find some important features and differences with Komodo, such as integration in TOR as well as Jumblr and integration TLS Encryption OBFS4 (only other coin is Xspec)

It remains to be seen and evaluated, even as will be seen by the market, but I am sure that if Dev and Team work hard, without telling lies and deception to investors, Safecoin will have a role and a slice of the market among all users who look at coins of privacy!

It is useless to attack the team now and dev without waiting for the currency to be evaluated by the market.
ZloiRediska

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:20:48 PM

All users of the coin @SafeCoins URGENTLY AND IN THE MANDATORY order it is necessary to update their wallets !!!
You can save the #safecoin folder. You do not need to re-sync.
https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safewallet/releases/download/v0.013w64/Safewallet-win32-x64-v0.014.zip
ZloiRediska

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:25:42 PM

Well Hello there,

It's my turn!

The logo contest is on now for Fair.Exchange, and I'm loving it already Smiley

Check us out in discord (https://discord.gg/sQh2NHM), make a submission, or vote on your favourite!

1000 SAFE to the winner of the Fair.Exchange Logo
200 SAFE for second prize
100 SAFE for third prize

Good luck to you!

How to participate? I'm interested!
gulachov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

All users of the coin @SafeCoins URGENTLY AND IN THE MANDATORY order it is necessary to update their wallets !!!
You can save the #safecoin folder. You do not need to re-sync.
https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safewallet/releases/download/v0.013w64/Safewallet-win32-x64-v0.014.zip
Zcash params are missing or incomplete:
- missing proving key
- missing verifying key
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:12:53 PM

A blind blind guide. This is fork, and you showed the inconsistency of your own code.
Your statements are unsubstantiated. It looks like a fart in a puddle. Show me where it is claimed that the original Komodo soursce code is improved?
On the contrary, if you understood the essence of the project then you would know that the development team combines all the best and do not reinvent the wheel where there is already a good solution.
Because of these actions, the Komodo project will lose much more in the future.
Do not worry about me, better watch your actions. And yes - try  to do things in a meaningful way with your life, something that can benefit you and if possible others, rather than engage in measuring the length of the penis.
Do not bother to answer me - I do not need ill-mannered arrogant interlocutors.

How about letting your own community know if you are doing dPOW or not?  If you are how will it be funded?  SafeCoin seems to want to have it both ways.  You need funds (which komodo investors supplied in the ICO) to dPOW to BTC blockchain.  Your ANN has it listed right there [dPOW].   Your coin has nothing running of the sort.  We are calling you out. 

When dPOW  SafeCoin?   Without this part of the code running you are half baked. 

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Nokio2010

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:03:19 PM

what will happen next with the project? will a live?
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:17:23 PM

what will happen next with the project? will a live?
We will just have to wait it out and see what will happen next,at least grab some popcorns and enjoy the show Grin Personally i would like it to survive because it was the only interesting project that i could last month that isnt a shitcoin with masternodes auction
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:55:52 PM

So how is this forked-from-Komodo will going to make it to the cryptospace? Basically it is a copy cat and no further difference . To the developer just make sure you have to make major differences from what you have forked to gain followers.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
peddycb

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:10:15 AM

this is no Komodo Fork this is a scam fork  Grin Tongue Cool

giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:20:04 AM

Calm down I think that safe is a great project, maybe the dev can give some explanation and update us more frequently on the developments .
JeffVader

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:35:21 PM

The behaviour of the Komodo devs and community members has been shocking throughout this. They identified a bug in the Safecoin code, but instead of informing the developers they decided to exploit it for personal gain. To quote jl777 from their Slack - "as it is getting a million SAFE seems ok". Other users were encouraged to exploit the bug, laughing that "We are all busy getting the easy SAFE blocks".

They defend themselves saying that they were mining "according to the coin rules". They were not - what we saw was obviously not the desired behaviour of the block chain, so they were exploiting a bug. IANAL, but in some countries exploiting systems for financial gain is a criminal offence. They should be careful. They also claim that they didn't know the effect their exploit would have on the diff - what I think they really meant was that they hoped it wouldn't have such an effect of the diff and that they wouldn't have been found out so soon. As far as I am aware, no apology has been forthcoming from those involved in the exploit.

The Komodo devs seem very keen to place the blame with the Safecoin devs - "it's your own fault", "you're incompetent" etc... Should the Safecoin devs have fixed the bug before launching the coin? Probably. Is this a copy-paste quick premine clone of Komodo? I don't know. But does that excuse such a blatant attack on the network? Certainly not. The responsible thing to do would have been to inform the Safecoin devs in a private message and worked together to fix it.

I am not affiliated with Safecoin in any way, I'm just a miner. I have mined Komodo in the past, and I think they have some good technology. But I certainly won't be mining any Komodo from now on.
ZloiRediska

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:35:54 PM

Attention to the project community Safecoin!
In connection with recent events, the development team decided to roll back to block 57980 and make changes to the coin code.
In this connection, all urgently update their wallets to version v0.016

download new client https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safewallet/releases/download/v0.013w64/Safewallet-win32-x64-v0.016.zip

1. save wallet.dat in %appdata%\safecoin folder (make sure you have a copy of this)
2. download new client https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safewallet/releases/download/v0.013w64/Safewallet-win32-x64-v0.016.zip
3. remove chainstate and blocks folder in %appdata%\safecoin
4. launch new client
5. sync your wallet first

the new block height should be about 57980+
for linux follow these instructions:
1) save wallet.dat in ~/.safecoin
2) rename  safecoin dir to safecoin2
3) git clone https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safecoin
4) cd safecoin
5) ./zcutil/build.sh -j$(nproc)
6) ./safecoin/src/safecoind -reindex
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:02:07 PM

... Should the Safecoin devs have fixed the bug before launching the coin?...
Op err is not a bug. There was no "bug" to fix.
That being said, SAFE coins aren't safe from random, non-consensus mutability; good to know that there's another coin out there I'll never use.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:41:52 PM

Safecoin is not a fork of Komode. It's a clone of Komodo and removed some of their features. Is there a whitepaper I can look it to see what make safecoin different from KMD?
gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

Safecoin is not a fork of Komode. It's a clone of Komodo and removed some of their features. Is there a whitepaper I can look it to see what make safecoin different from KMD?

I think the proper way to look at it is that we haven't activated all of the features yet because the coin is only 6 weeks old. There was no "stealth mine." Just a quiet launch because we're trying to build a community while we build the coin. Premine was clearly stated. I don't think we're the first coin with a premine? We've had no ICO and have had no coin sales. Premine is for further development and exchange listings in the future. We've done nothing ethically wrong. There was some questionable verbiage jl777 took umbrage with, fair enough. In fact he contacted us and asked for changes and we gladly made them. We never had a bad word to say about KMD team ever. We love the tech. Why else fork it?

We are being attacked and slandered by the KMD team for simply forking their coin. If this coin is so worthless and terrible, why were they so interested in stealing as much of it as they could?

I found this coin in it's infancy and I mined it with my own equipment. Only later was I asked to join the team and do what I could to help. I have received nothing, nor do I expect to receive anything from Safecoin, beyond the coins I mine.

Technical questions about implementation of further features as we recover from this malicious attack can be asked here and they will be gladly answered.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:21:59 PM
Merited by BitcoinArsenal (1)

They have a nice 4 million (of 36 million total) premine and frontloaded lots of coins with 128 coins per minute block rewards.

They also will rollback the chain if you mine coins in a way they dont like. I guess you need to be part of some inner circle in order to get low cost coins. I would have donated the coins if they just asked for them, but instead they go on a rampage against me. for less than $1000 worth of coins no matter how you count it.

SAFE will centrally rollback to steal 60,000 coins if the wrong person (like the creator of the original they cloned) gets them. So, I dont feel much problems with announcing that the new update is indeed still vulnerable to attack vectors. I dont like when banks just freeze your account and you cant get your own money. This is the same thing. my coins are being stolen, that doesnt make me happy.

To all the miners who mined after 57980 and are also having your coins stolen, I guess you are ok with that?

Or maybe nobody is really mining this other than insiders. Anyway the original chain is still alive and maybe we can keep it alive.   "difficulty": 137847.9401183311,

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

... We never had a bad word to say about KMD team ever...
Your commit titles say otherwise.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: