Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SAFE] Safecoin - Community Edition of Solana  (Read 60033 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (153 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:32:15 AM

Sorry I did not understand what is happening? Is there a bug that allows you to get more coins from mining ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:55:24 AM

Sorry I did not understand what is happening? Is there a bug that allows you to get more coins from mining ?
This community chose to antagonize me, so now it is subject to my antagonism.

Sorry for any of you that did not participate in the rollback decision, but properly mined coins were stolen with a centralized rollback after the diff was back to normal. That is not crypto.

It was to spite me that it was done, which is probably the silliest reason ever to do a rollback. On top of that I am called an attacker, so I feel that I need to justify that label.

SAFE is subject to attack at anytime from many different places, including me. The failure modes will be varied and I wont tip my hand how or when it will be done. Just expect the worst at anytime as SAFE isnt.

__Rubik__

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:04:27 AM

The KMD guys decided to rape our nodes to take advantage and to get a lot of coins.
The Safecoin community decided to rollback to the block where the attack starded.
Now it's all good, all working great and the "bug" fixed.
eternity343

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:20:59 PM

What happened the other day was an inadvertent triggering of a long forgotten bug. I stopped the mining at about 0.0001% of the full diff it would have gone to. Went into discord and explained all this and how to fix all the issues.

Within 24 hours I got the diff back down to what it was before I started mining and I estimate the total mining losses to be less than $1000.

All that had to be done at that point was resume mining and keep the chain intact with my having gotten a whopping 60,000 SAFE. Certainly the most inept attack every conducted. Get a small amount of coins, go in and publicly announce you did it, help the attack vector get fixed, and undo the high diff.

For thanks I am accused of attacking SAFE. If it were an attack I would have mined millions of coins and put the diff in the trillions. not just from 1 million to 10 million, but to trillions. Now that would be an attack. Even after the diff was to 10 million, the chain was still being mined, it wasnt forked. It was just temporary high diff like if a larger miner mined it for an hour. Really, no big deal in the big picture.

But your reaction to this has made it into a bigger deal. You made it clear that SAFE chain will be rolled back for arbitrary reasons and is not an immutable chain. You attack me incessantly believing that I am motivated by the money from getting SAFE.

Anyway, you now convinced me that I am like to attack SAFE. So I will.

To my mind you stole the notary mined coins, so I will get them back at some time in the future. This is my announcement of that. Feel free to keep rolling back the chain after each attack.

It was your choice to make me into an enemy.

Good luck.

The first block from the notary 57,639 March 22, 2018, 10:14 am
The second block is 57,642 March 22, 2018, 10:17 am
break for about an hour

third block 57,712 March 22, 2018, 11:27 am
fourth block 57,713 March 22, 2018, 11:28 am

the last block before rollback 57,732 March 22, 2018, 11:40 am
March 22, 2018, 11:40 am the massive attack began.

Whatever you say here, I see 2 options:
1) Either the Komodo developers are so incompetent that it took them more than an 2 hours to realize they made a mistake.
2) Either the developers of Komodo conducted a planned attack on a preliminary conspiracy to illegally seize the asset, designed to become the standard of anonymity and confidentiality in the crypto community. In order to enrich and / or aiding terrorism.

In neither case do I want to have anything in common with Komodo.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

The KMD guys decided to rape our nodes...

Could you please describe the events with more hyperbole, that's a level too mild.....

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:00:16 PM

What happened the other day was an inadvertent triggering of a long forgotten bug. I stopped the mining at about 0.0001% of the full diff it would have gone to. Went into discord and explained all this and how to fix all the issues.

Within 24 hours I got the diff back down to what it was before I started mining and I estimate the total mining losses to be less than $1000.

All that had to be done at that point was resume mining and keep the chain intact with my having gotten a whopping 60,000 SAFE. Certainly the most inept attack every conducted. Get a small amount of coins, go in and publicly announce you did it, help the attack vector get fixed, and undo the high diff.

For thanks I am accused of attacking SAFE. If it were an attack I would have mined millions of coins and put the diff in the trillions. not just from 1 million to 10 million, but to trillions. Now that would be an attack. Even after the diff was to 10 million, the chain was still being mined, it wasnt forked. It was just temporary high diff like if a larger miner mined it for an hour. Really, no big deal in the big picture.

But your reaction to this has made it into a bigger deal. You made it clear that SAFE chain will be rolled back for arbitrary reasons and is not an immutable chain. You attack me incessantly believing that I am motivated by the money from getting SAFE.

Anyway, you now convinced me that I am like to attack SAFE. So I will.

To my mind you stole the notary mined coins, so I will get them back at some time in the future. This is my announcement of that. Feel free to keep rolling back the chain after each attack.

It was your choice to make me into an enemy.

Good luck.

To my mind you stole the notary mined coins, so I will get them back at some time in the future.

mmmmmm

Why would the KMD dev and his ilk be so butt hurt over losing some "shit coins" that aren't even on an exchange yet?  

Unless....

He actually thinks that SAFE actually does have some potential to go somewhere.

Thanks for your trust in future of SAFE jl777B.

We will try our hardest to make those coins you and your peeps lost as valuable as possible.

Stay SAFE!
https://www.crypto-coinz.net/the-dark-side-of-crypto-komodo-kmd-attacks-safe-coin-safe/

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

To my mind you stole the notary mined coins, so I will get them back at some time in the future.
As opposed to the currency that was literally stolen from everyone with the roll back!
It should be disheartening for anyone in the space with any sense of decency that the people in this forum would liken mining at a low diff to "rape", but be completely fine with literally stealing valid currency out of people's wallets with a roll back

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:10:04 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 01:28:24 PM by Bittzy78

As opposed to the currency that was literally stolen from everyone with the roll back!
It should be disheartening for anyone in the space with any sense of decency that the people in this forum would liken mining at a low diff to "rape", but be completely fine with literally stealing valid currency out of people's wallets with a roll back

Please stop.

https://www.crypto-coinz.net/the-dark-side-of-crypto-komodo-kmd-attacks-safe-coin-safe/

You found a vulnerability with SAFE and exploited it.... we get it.

Now everyone else will also.

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
gulachov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:51:05 PM

Unless....

He actually thinks that SAFE actually does have some potential to go somewhere.

Thanks for your trust in future of SAFE jl777B.

I don't think you fully understand he is not the person to piss off. Whatever you say, he is the real creator of SAFE coin, not few guys trying to fork it. There are things in that code not many people besides James know about.
I was mining SAFE coin for awhile, hoping some heavyweight marketing will make it somehow popular, but doing what you guys did to JL777 ... I'll let my rent finish up and probably switch my attention someplace-else. With pissed off James on the sidelines, I would place my bets not in your favor. It could make you stronger though, as they say.
Good luck.
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

I've gotta say... These SAFE guys don't know what they're talking about.

I'm all for forking, go ahead fork KMD.

BUT... you better know what you're doing.

Have a competent developer who knows how to code, and maybe how to read code.

Anyone that is familiar with Komodo knows that there are 64 elected Notary Nodes, all of which get EASY DIFF MINING.

Now if you're going to fork Komodo, and not remove the pubkey's of the Elected KMD Notary Nodes, then guess what???

EASY DIFF MINING STILL EXISTS for KMD Notary Nodes.

No attack by KMD community or jl777.

All we have here are some smart people (elected kmd notaries with key's for the specified pub keys), and some dumb people (safe devs who left in pub keys in the code).

If the devs were competent enough to understand the coin they were forking, and to read the actual code, and know that the Elected Notaries have EASY DIFF MINING, then they could have either removed the KMD Notary Node pubkey's, or they could expect to have these individuals mine very easily.

Nothing here was an attack as Jl777 clearly pointed out.

If the SAFE community wants to learn anything at all.... its not to trust the SAFE DEVS with shit. 

And don't trust any crypto coin doing a ROLLBACK!

Thanks, xrobesx.

http://vote.xrobesx.co  to vote for me as a KMD Notary Node.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:30:03 PM

...You found a vulnerability with SAFE and exploited it.... we get it...
Again, more talking out of your ass.
I didn't "find" or "exploit" any-feken-thing.
I run a pool who's miners had their currency paid to them and that was literally stolen from later with the rollback.
These are people with overhead and bills and no currency to show for their efforts, because it was literally stolen from them by a backroom, social media "vote" from 5% of the community.

Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

Anyone that is familiar with Komodo knows that there are 64 elected Notary Nodes, all of which get EASY DIFF MINING.

Now if you're going to fork Komodo, and not remove the pubkey's of the Elected KMD Notary Nodes, then guess what???

All we have here are some smart people (elected kmd notaries with key's for the specified pub keys), and some dumb people (safe devs who left in pub keys in the code).

If the devs were competent enough to understand the coin they were forking, and to read the actual code, and know that the Elected Notaries have EASY DIFF MINING, then they could have either removed the KMD Notary Node pubkey's, or they could expect to have these individuals mine very easily.

If the SAFE community wants to learn anything at all.... its not to trust the SAFE DEVS with shit. 

Thanks, xrobesx.

Ok...

https://komodoplatform.com/komodo-bug-found-how-we-defeated-an-attack/

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Bittzy78
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 02:38:57 PM

...You found a vulnerability with SAFE and exploited it.... we get it...
Again, more talking out of your ass.
I didn't "find" or "exploit" any-feken-thing.
I run a pool who's miners had their currency paid to them and that was literally stolen from later with the rollback.
These are people with overhead and bills and no currency to show for their efforts, because it was literally stolen from them by a backroom, social media "vote" from 5% of the community.

There were two pools that accounted for that vast majority of the hash that was on SAFE before the this-is-not-an-attack-but-is-something-that-is-doing-you-guys-a-favor-by-rape-mining-coins started. 

Which pool are you talking about?

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:40:09 PM

Thanks, xrobesx.

Ok...

Sorry, I should've said   "rollback that has no real security reasons"

your rollback was because of stupidity
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:49:27 PM

Thanks, xrobesx.

Ok...

So you are saying these are the same?
Wow. It is hard to believe the level of your misunderstanding.

A blackhat attacker does not stop the attack 0.0001% of the way in, does not go into discord/slack and explain what happened and how to fix it, does not undo the high diff that was created and make it so the chain does not have to be forked and all can be updated with a minimum impact.

When you see what a real attack is like, you can learn the difference between what happened and a real attack.

Danzing

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:51:24 PM

I hope all miners are switching someplace else right now. Look at the difficulty. ..
cumtanks

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:57:08 PM

Thanks, xrobesx.

Ok...

Hilarious

So you are saying these are the same?
Wow. It is hard to believe the level of your misunderstanding.

A blackhat attacker does not stop the attack 0.0001% of the way in, does not go into discord/slack and explain what happened and how to fix it, does not undo the high diff that was created and make it so the chain does not have to be forked and all can be updated with a minimum impact.

When you see what a real attack is like, you can learn the difference between what happened and a real attack.
The difference is that you wanted credit you sociopath.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

The KMD guys decided to rape our nodes...

Could you please describe the events with more hyperbole, that's a level too mild.....
One of komodo devs used an exploit in safe coin code that was in there because when they forked komodo they copied the exploit2(exploit was fixed in komodo but not in safe)This exploit allowed him to set up notary node wich allowed him to mine massive amount of coins with it while diff went sky high because of it,so safe coin devs decided to do a rollback to block before that guy started using exploit and that guy is left with nothing now
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:10:26 PM

...and that guy is left with nothing now
As are the miners that had their currency stolen from them in the rollback.

...while diff went sky high because of it...
Blocks get created and diff changes; let me be the first to welcome you to the world of mineable currency!

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:28:12 PM

...you sociopath.

so·ci·o·path
ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
noun
noun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Seems to me that is a term more befitting the centralized cliche of 5% that "voted" to steal currency from people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: