Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:35:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SAFE] Safecoin - Community Edition of Solana  (Read 60034 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (153 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:54:12 PM

Now that Safe dev team have forked to a new chain is anyone still mining Safe classic chain? I'm confused why you chose to concede so quickly, when The DAO fork happened ethereum devs had millions of dollars worth of losses at stake, and even then they obviously chose to fork with heavy hearts. You guys cut and ran without a fight at all, as soon as you felt some heat you hit blockchain reset instantly, which doesn't make investors feel very secure, or Safe .... i don't get it. If an exchange or regulator squeezed you guys in the future, I guess you'd fork again, hey.
Why was the choice made so quickly? To minimize time lost. SAFE isn't listed on an exchange and isn't widely known. Though 57 votes were cast over 100 were present. It was an opportune time to have made this decision. Ultimately everyone was on the same page concerning the decision. This took place over the course of 2 days.

Obviously if the circumstances wouldn't have allowed for it, then we would be looking at a different outcome.

the diff at the time of the rollback was the same as before all this started. there was no actual reason to rollback other than the relatively small number of coins that were notary mined. I guess only insiders are allowed to easy mine.

the original chain is still intact and it seems a lot of nodes are still mining, with a low diff for all:

"blocks": 62885,
  "longestchain": 62885,
  "timeoffset": 0,
  "tiptime": 1522154555,
  "connections": 21,
  "proxy": "",
  "difficulty": 3.007771665422184,

crypt0.zone

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:38:04 PM

Hi guys!

We have just added support for Safecoin to our Crypto Mining Profitability Calculator: https://crypt0.zone/calculator/!

Feel free to send us some feedback.
We are open for all suggestions

Cool

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
kmddude

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:13:10 PM

Now that Safe dev team have forked to a new chain is anyone still mining Safe classic chain? I'm confused why you chose to concede so quickly, when The DAO fork happened ethereum devs had millions of dollars worth of losses at stake, and even then they obviously chose to fork with heavy hearts. You guys cut and ran without a fight at all, as soon as you felt some heat you hit blockchain reset instantly, which doesn't make investors feel very secure, or Safe .... i don't get it. If an exchange or regulator squeezed you guys in the future, I guess you'd fork again, hey.
Why was the choice made so quickly? To minimize time lost. SAFE isn't listed on an exchange and isn't widely known. Though 57 votes were cast over 100 were present. It was an opportune time to have made this decision. Ultimately everyone was on the same page concerning the decision. This took place over the course of 2 days.

Obviously if the circumstances wouldn't have allowed for it, then we would be looking at a different outcome.

the diff at the time of the rollback was the same as before all this started. there was no actual reason to rollback other than the relatively small number of coins that were notary mined. I guess only insiders are allowed to easy mine.

the original chain is still intact and it seems a lot of nodes are still mining, with a low diff for all:

You should listento j71111 he is much smarter around long time

Around much longer than rest of you.  His account is only new because stupid people are mean to him and accuse him of stuff he didn't do.

He is a good guy.   He is really smart.

#deletesafecoin

HODL

KMD Hodl
SafeCoins (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 08:00:39 PM

The early days of back and forth, making me nostalgic already Smiley

So....much.....coming    Smiley

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:43:14 PM

Voting on Upgraded Logo now Smiley

https://discord.gg/baP9PJ
CrazyInvest

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:40:42 PM

I understand everything, but it's a pity that you can not see at least the main members of the team. I think that would help to form an opinion on the project

SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 11:21:07 PM

I understand everything, but it's a pity that you can not see at least the main members of the team. I think that would help to form an opinion on the project

We're not shy Smiley

https://safecoin.org/team

We should probably update it though, our team has grown.
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 01:05:14 AM

I hope all miners are switching someplace else right now. Look at the difficulty. ..

Much more reasonable now Smiley

Won't be our last time with a high hashrate Smiley
SafeCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 02:20:54 AM

Website's down or the link is not working Sad Pity, would love to read more

All back up, Enjoy Smiley     Has been quite the week, we're back better and stronger than ever with a community twice as large Smiley

https://safecoin.org

Or, hop into discord and say hi Smiley

https://discord.gg/baP9PJ

cheers
egyptianbman

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

https://equipool.1ds.us

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 02:25:21 AM

You're right. The rollback wasn't done to bring difficulty down, it was to ensure you didn't have the opportunity to cash in on what you stole.

Join our mining pool! https://equipool.1ds.us for equihash and https://cryptopool.1ds.us for other altcoins
Our EquiMiner for Windows makes switching between coins and mining software a breeze! https://equipool.1ds.us/getting_started
Only 0.5% pool fee! (BTCZ & BTCP: +0.5% donation to the community!)
cryp2Xplorer

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:30:08 AM

You're right. The rollback wasn't done to bring difficulty down, it was to ensure you didn't have the opportunity to cash in on what you stole.
why do this egyptianbman? your pool might be attack anytime now, better be ready.
gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:49:54 AM

More threats. Sad.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 04:18:36 AM

More threats. Sad.

Yup, we are supposed to be adults and handle ourselves in the crypto community respectively.

Outsiders looking in would think that all crypto is being ran by 38 year old single, unemployed males who still have their moms do laundry for them while threatening destruction from their basement HQ.

I am not saying this is true but people sure like to perpetuate that notion.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
saltytaco

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:13:57 PM

More threats. Sad.

Yup, we are supposed to be adults and handle ourselves in the crypto community respectively.

Outsiders looking in would think that all crypto is being ran by 38 year old single, unemployed males who still have their moms do laundry for them while threatening destruction from their basement HQ.

I am not saying this is true but people sure like to perpetuate that notion.

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Wonder how many people you just called out, brutal man.

Edit: LOL My first post! I'm such a creeper...
raskad

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:22:28 PM

Has anyone seen this blogpost? VERY INTERESTING...

https://www.crypto-coinz.net/the-dark-side-of-crypto-komodo-kmd-attacks-safe-coin-safe/
cryp2Xplorer

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:08:38 PM

that blog keeps me mining SAFE more  Cheesy
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
raskad

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:14:48 PM

I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

So the attack claims aren't legit? I'm not convinced...  Huh
Danzing

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

So the attack claims aren't legit? I'm not convinced...  Huh
Not really, KMD's dev tried to show them that copy-paste clone they did with coin's name change is 1.5 years old and all vulnerabilities are still there. Besides, there is no dPOW and very little chance they really made "better" coin as they claim (not to mention 11% premine). They tried to help them to patch it up, hm, and at about that time a bunch of new accounts tried to troll KMD and JL777 in particular. So guys at KMD just used their own Notary Nodes (which were copy-pasted from KMD of cause) to mine SAFE with lower difficulty. Out of millions mined and premined they made 60k total and offered to return them if devs at least remove dpow from the description which resulted in chain roll-back. There were no attack if you ask my opinion, they stopped doing that after 1-2 hours and difficultly returned to normal. It was all done publicly. Why they still call it stealing I do not understand. Nevertheless, after all that name-calling JL777 is pretty much pissed off on these guys and there will be no help in the future. I am sure they will even start doing idiot-traps in the code from now on.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:02:35 PM

I did, and it was the best laugh I had so far this year. I love how the screenshots are all chopped up and out of context  Grin

So the attack claims aren't legit? I'm not convinced...  Huh

unSafecoin was "attacked" only by the same definition that other coins that were, up to that point, only mined by CPUs were "attacked" by GPUs when cgminer was written.

The real attack came when a small, centralized group of people gathered in some random social media outlet and "voted" to destroy unSafecoin's consensus mechanisms, have a mandatory "roll back" of the chain, and steal currency from innocent people (people who were, in fact, entire uninvolved in/with the "event").

And before the 2 fanboys clamor on about this being a "spam post":
I'll stop reiterating that the net result was to steal currency from innocent people, when you give every satoshi of UnSafecoin back to everyone the currency was stolen from.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: