Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make money from staking?  (Read 1898 times)
dvabit (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

I think that one of the best coins to stake at the moment is NEO, it has a cool wallet and many projects are running away from ethereum because it has some technical problems for large scale ops.
The NEO token acts as the investment token of the NEO blockchain. It has a hard cap total of 100 million tokens which will be used in block creation, network management, network changes, and other consensus requirements. These 100 million tokens were all pre-mined during the genesis block creation.

One unique thing to note is that NEO is unlike other cryptocurrencies in the fact that it is not divisible; the smallest unit will always be 1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:40:38 PM

ARK is a nice way of staking your coins. I have read on this forum, and elsewhere, that you get around 10 - 12% of your ARK in one year. So i think it is a pretty cool thing you can do, instead of just having them without staking them.

I mean, 10% yearly is even higher than some masternodes give.

I calculated my ARK return based on the last 19 weeks and my average annual return is 12.6720% compounded.  This is higher than advertised because of fidelity bonus from my delegate (automatically given w/o me asking).  I am pretty happy with this return.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:21:32 PM

Get a sledgehammer and a stake and pound it through roger ver, n take his btrash
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:42:52 PM

Get a sledgehammer and a stake and pound it through roger ver, n take his btrash

lol, mr. ver would give out his keys within seconds.  Smiley Smiley
Gustafio

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:23 PM

It's called proof of Stake, you can earn passive income by staking your coin in your wallet. I think it's a really great idea because it doesn't use as much electricity as proof of Work. There are a few coins that are going to switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake in the near future for exemple Ethereum and Syscoin.
dvabit (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:39:27 AM

It's called proof of Stake, you can earn passive income by staking your coin in your wallet. I think it's a really great idea because it doesn't use as much electricity as proof of Work. There are a few coins that are going to switch from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake in the near future for exemple Ethereum and Syscoin.

Proof of Work to Proof of Stake i dont know about proof of work? elaborate?
Poink

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:28:25 AM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
dvabit (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:41:45 AM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
Mining is basic of crypto currencies... 
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:19:42 AM

After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/what-is-crypto-staking

Guys, do you know which coins has staking facility ACTUALLY?

That's not actual staking, but you earn extra coins using Minexbank. Take a look at Minexcoin thread to find out how: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1847292.0
That's a good way to earn passive cryptocoins in my opinion...
Patrice_89

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:30:22 PM

Anybody making money staking in a POS pool?

▰✔ https://www.esportsecosystem.com/ ✔▰ eSPORTS  - ECOSYSTEM "Empowering Gamers!"  ♞❉ http://www.t.me/esportsecosystem ❉♞
Poink

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:37:28 PM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
THAT is  proof of work.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:57:46 PM

but for this you need to have a strong enough technique to provide the power for the transaction. Generally this is a positive moment for earning, being in the system blockchains.
Haydarsagirr

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:51 PM

After reading this article,  Huh Huh Huh i am just wondering that i can make some extra money from my existing coin in my wallet.

http://www.hashtaginvesting.com/blog/what-is-crypto-staking

Guys, do you know which coins has staking facility ACTUALLY?

Dude you are very very right keep going this job
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:50:18 PM

You can certainly stake your coins however to make a real return you need to be holding a lot of coins. If you are truly going to hold your coins for a while then go for staking however if you are looking for a quick turn around then don't just focus on staking coins.

dvabit (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:20:08 AM

Ever heard of mining?  You provide hash power to process transactions for the coin and in return, you get paid with a coin/token.
THAT is  proof of work.
And what about PROOF OF STAKE
Poink

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:28:21 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 04:54:14 PM by Poink

THAT is  proof of work.
And what about PROOF OF STAKE
Somewhat the same, by staking your coins on your wallet and running it, you also provide hashing power and get paid proportionate to your holdings/amount of coins.

The big difference between POS vs POW is that in POS the actual coin/token holders control the hash power.  In POW, anyone who has money (set up mining farms) can control the mining (i.e. in case of BTC) and have so much power (reason for all the forks) contrary to the wishes of the coin owners.

DPOS is a hybrid of these two.  Delegates are chosen depending on how much coins/tokens they control and are the only ones who can "mine".  Smaller token/coin holders have a say by having the choice which delegate to vote for.
Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:44:26 PM

It is very important to study information about coins!And then it will be possible to earn something!And if you buy all the coins in a row,not basing yourself on anything,then it will be possible to lose your money!

usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:48:47 PM

1. Find a good coin. DYOR
2. Buy the dip/get in early
3. Dont put more then you can afford to loose. Diversify
4. Stake
5. Follow anns/twitters/discords etc
6. Profit
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:34:35 PM

you can't make money just by accumulating. the opposite is to hurt you. you have to spend your earnings for your needs. Smiley
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:12:02 PM

You can also use Minexcoin parking option for stake or Steem power up and vote and get paid by Steem and Steem Backed Dollar. There are multiple ways to stake and get paid.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x