Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:31:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] CIPHERMINE-PT - Industrial Mining & High Performance Computing  (Read 44632 times)
dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:35:39 PM

Kate finally returned.

Quote from: WoodTech
TL;DR: Sorry, and I've not vanished.

Dear All,

I am really sorry about my extended period of absence from the community. Unfortunately I have had to deal with some personal tragedy recently which affected me and my loved ones very badly. Having had an acute period of depression in the past, experience has taught me that the most expeditious way out is to completely disconnect from work and other stress-inducing activities while I deal with the illness through intensive daily therapy. In the past I have attempted to combine that with work, but I've found it just drags out the acute period and during it I'm pretty useless and prone to errors of judgment.

I apologise that I felt unable to communicate this to you sooner. It was simpler with my core work at Memset since I just needed to let my assistants know I had to vanish for a while. I recognise now that my unexpected absence has caused this community, in particular the CIPHERMINE shareholders and bondholders, some concern. It is unlikely that I'm going to get anything worse thrown at me here on in, Gods forbid, but I shall be putting in place better measures to deal with me becoming ill etc. for CipherMine and CipherTrade. The timing was unfortunate since I was mid-handover of several components to Giles (evilscoop), Si (Sims) and the rest of the team.

CipherTrade will take care of the dividends issues; once its up the process will no longer rely on me. While we are doing dividends manually it has been simpler to continue with me doing them, and I will be issuing another round soon. Apologies for their irregularity. The CIPHERMINE.B1 dividends are held back by a technical issue; the size of the payments for individual bondholders is now below the the transaction size limit for BTC, even after having allowed them to accumulate for a while. As an aside, I think this bodes very well for alt-coins. BTC's minimum transaction size is now more than $0.01, making it a poor choice for micro-transactions.

Anyway, I'm on the mend and will be getting back up to speed with my work responsibilities and our various projects over the next couple of weeks. I have planned a staged return on the advice of my doctors so won't be operating at full capacity just yet. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this very difficult period.

Kate.

PS. To confirm, we received our second batch of 5 HashFast BabyJets today! Smiley That brings our total to 7 BabyJets. We have another order of 3 pending (9 in total), and 8 upgrades (a second 400 GHs Golden Nonce chip for the BJ's). I'm not sure why I ordered 8 rather than 9 upgrades, perhaps it was all we could afford at the time. We also have 4 HashFast Sierras (1.2 TH/s) on order, and 3 x 2 TH/s Cointerra units to come. Although there has been controversy around HashFast, their kit is arriving and it appears rock-solid in terms of performance so I'm unconcerned there. We will be investigating the status of the Miner Protection Programme though since it should pay out handsomely for us!

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582.msg122978#msg122978

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

MESSAGE TO ALL CIPHERMINE-PT SHAREHOLDERS:

CipherMine's exchange: CipherTrade.com opened it's doors to beta users
and is available under: https://beta.ciphertrade.com/

Trading of CIPHERMINE and CIPHERBOND shares is scheduled to start on
Friday 28th March 2014.

Within the next days I will release a request form to facilitate the
redemption of CIPHERMINE-PT shares to CIPHERMINE shares on
CipherTrade.com. The delay is caused because CipherTrade.com does not
support confirmed share transfers at the very moment.

You will be asked to provide the registration data of your BTC-TC
account that was associated with CIPHERMINE-PT shares. This step is
necessary to map your redemption request to an user in the shareholder
database.

Please make sure you are able to provide the following data to redeem
your shares:

- The e-mail address that you used on BTC-TC
 - The Bitcoin or Litecoin address associated with your CM-PT shares
 - The number of CM-PT shares you are holding
 - The signature to a message with the content "CipherMine" signed by
your BTC or LTC address associated with CM-PT shares

For instructions about message signing take a look at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283947.msg3233637#msg3233637

You will need to be registred on CipherTrade.com before you are able to
finalize the redemption process.

To register on CipherTrade.com please visit: https://beta.ciphertrade.com/

Please note: I'm unable to deal with any problems related
CipherTrade.com or the registration process.

If you face any problems, please submit your feedback in the CipherTrade
thread on litecointalk.org:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7176.225

After you successfully registred on CipherTrade.com, you may finalize
the request and submit your e-mail address used for the registration on
CipherTrade.com.

Share redemption requests will be verified manually and you should
receive your CIPHERMINE shares on CipherTrade.com within approximetaly
24 hours.

A copy of this message was sent to the e-mail addresses provided by
BTC-TC and associated to CIPHERMINE-PT shares from the e-mail account
dexx at bitwatch dot co.

This message is signed with my GPG key:

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=dexX7 (fingerprint:
0xF43718054C3E7C5CFB33E8257675E31CF5719832)

Another notice will be posted here on bitcointalk.org as well as
forwarded via e-mail after the redemption process actually started.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)
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=POEZ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 09:52:15 AM

I am curious how to verify your pgp signature with your public key?  I have a mac and am running GPG keychain access.  I did get your public key from the link in your email, but how do I go about verifying the signature? 
I'm not questioning whether the message is from you, I am just curious going forward here.

If you could explain that would be great.
Peace
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

I am curious how to verify your pgp signature with your public key?  I have a mac and am running GPG keychain access.  I did get your public key from the link in your email, but how do I go about verifying the signature? 
I'm not questioning whether the message is from you, I am just curious going forward here.

As a fellow Mac guy, I can drop in a quick note here.

For validating files in general, you can just right click on the file in question and choose "OpenPGP: Validate" from the "Services" menu. That's it, with no need to launch GPG Keychain Access, except to grab the key in the first place. So, in this particular case, you can select the body of the post in your web browser -- everything from "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----" to "-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----" and drag that to the desktop, which will create a text clipping document. Right click on that newly created document, select validate, and you're good to go.

(Of course, the "Services" menu is available globally and so will provide encryption-related services wherever they're relevant and supported by GPG; I just mention file-specific validation because it's quick and handy and avoids potential flakiness when using it within some apps.)

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
medicine

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:47:56 PM

I am curious how to verify your pgp signature with your public key?  I have a mac and am running GPG keychain access.  I did get your public key from the link in your email, but how do I go about verifying the signature?  

For validating files in general, you can just right click on the file in question and choose "OpenPGP: Validate" from the "Services" menu. That's it, with no need to launch GPG Keychain Access, except to grab the key in the first place. So, in this particular case, you can select the body of the post in your web browser -- everything from "-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----" to "-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----" and drag that to the desktop, which will create a text clipping document. Right click on that newly created document, select validate, and you're good to go.

(Of course, the "Services" menu is available globally and so will provide encryption-related services wherever they're relevant and supported by GPG; I just mention file-specific validation because it's quick and handy and avoids potential flakiness when using it within some apps.)
Thanks for this quick description.  I did try this will both the email and the message posted by dexX7 above (twice each) and I get a message "verification failed: no signature found."  That seems strange to me because I can see the signature clearly at the end of the message.  
Not sure what I'm doing wrong?
DrGregMulhauser

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:24:52 PM

Thanks for this quick description.  I did try this will both the email and the message posted by dexX7 above (twice each) and I get a message "verification failed: no signature found."  That seems strange to me because I can see the signature clearly at the end of the message.  

Egad, right you are! There's a limitation created by the file type, which I didn't pick up on. The ".textClipping" file type supports formatted text, which means it does not contain just the text you selected in your browser, but also extra information for formatting, such as the boldfacing. GPG will cough on that.

If you instead save the text to be checked to an ordinary text file (e.g., paste into Text Edit, set as plain text, and save) rather than trying to validate directly on the ".textClipping" file, then at last you'll be good to go.

BTC Growth
medicine

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

Egad, right you are! There's a limitation created by the file type, which I didn't pick up on. The ".textClipping" file type supports formatted text, which means it does not contain just the text you selected in your browser, but also extra information for formatting, such as the boldfacing. GPG will cough on that.

If you instead save the text to be checked to an ordinary text file (e.g., paste into Text Edit, set as plain text, and save) rather than trying to validate directly on the ".textClipping" file, then at last you'll be good to go.
Ok after a few more tries I did verify the file.  Thanks for your help DrGregMulhauser.  I need to watch a few more videos and read a few more webpages before I have the hang of this.
DrGregMulhauser

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:12:05 PM

Ok after a few more tries I did verify the file.  Thanks for your help DrGregMulhauser.  I need to watch a few more videos and read a few more webpages before I have the hang of this.

No problem at all. My suggestion to verify the text clipping directly sent you down the wrong path because GPG/PGP needs to be fed a single stream of characters, and it will validate based on that single stream of characters. If you feed it something with extra gubbins in it -- especially something like a text clipping file, where the actual data are stored in the resource fork/extended attributes -- then it may not even be able to find the signature in the first place, let alone verify it. It's somewhat analogous to trying to validate a Bitcoin signature of a piece of text by looking at a piece of HTML which will display the text: yes, the original text is in there, but the signature is only valid for the text itself, not for the text + HTML gubbins.

BTC Growth
dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:22:33 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 08:11:00 PM by dexX7

Thanks! To be honest, I'm a newbie related to these things and never really used a Mac, so your description was indeed very helpful!

It's somewhat analogous to trying to validate a Bitcoin signature of a piece of text by looking at a piece of HTML which will display the text: yes, the original text is in there, but the signature is only valid for the text itself, not for the text + HTML gubbins.

Correct. I sent out the email an plain text, so this is not an issue, but if anyone has a problem verifying the message here on the forum, it may help to copy it into a plain text document without any forum or HTML tags.

This is the latest from sims, a CM member related to "share transfer confirmations":

Quote from: sims
I'm going to be coding this tomorrow and it will be live by Tuesday. We'll also PGP sign the message for those who use PGP and want to be sure it's from us!

I want to explain what the current issue is, so everyone understands my decision to not send out the shares right now:

Currently a "transfer share" option within CipherTrade is available, but once sent the sender has no information or log entry about the transfer itself. This would mean in my case: I'll send out the shares, but I have no "proof" that the shares were indeed transfered.

Of couse I don't doubt the honesty of any shareholder, but say there is a glitch within the CT system: the shares would be subtracted from my share balance and the receiver may not receive any. Without a confirmation from CipherTrade about the transfer, I would have a difficult time to get the shares back - in the worst case.

Given that trading starts on March 28th and transfers should be done until then, I hope this is fine for everyone involved.

FYI: 11.68645293 LTC were issued as dividend on CipherTrade for our 5369 shares. I will send them out as usual to your LTC/BTC address in the next hours.

Edit: done!

LTC: 4c45f413ef918f2158bfdc82e1dc3b778a7f6957e8e0d017989051c079c4b4ae (blockr.io mirror)
BTC: 9e575ffc126b339c81f5bcf511d23f5ae24ce1a7f961aeade1e2afe54ef30808 (blockr.io mirror)

dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:36:26 PM

DEAR CIPHERMINE-PT SHAREHOLDERS:

CipherTrade will very soon be able to issue confirmations for share
transfers. Right after this is live I will send out an email
with detailed instructions about the redemption process.

If you did not receive the email with the announcement of the share
redemption process (sent out on March 20th, subject: 'CipherTrade.com
beta started'), please get in contact with me via PM or email (dexx at
bitwatch dot co) and include the following details: email address used
on BTC-TC, BTC or LTC address associated with your shares, number of
shares and if you have a guess why you did not receive the email,
please include the reason. In case you changed your email address and
are unable to access the email account associated with your shares,
please state this explicitly.

I will publish another post after the emails were sent. If you do not
receive an email within two hours after this post, please also get in
contact with me.
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=naP9

dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

All emails sent.

In the case you did not receive one or don't like Google forms, please
send me an email to dexx at bitwatch co or via PM on bitcointalk.org
including the following details:

1. Shareholder identification

The email address that you used on BTC-TC
The Bitcoin or Litecoin address associated with your CM-PT shares
The number of CM-PT shares you are holding
The verification token that was sent to you via email
If you are unable to provide the requested data, please submit a
description of the circumstances you are facing

2. CipherTrade account information

The email address that you are using on CipherTrade.com
The account handle or username that you are using on CipherTrade.com

3. Finalization of the redemption process

Share redemption requests will be verified manually within approximately
24 hours. CipherTrade.com will issue a signed confirmation of the share
transfer which will be sent to the email address that you used to
register on CipherTrade.com. The issuance of the share transfer
confirmation will finalize the share redemption process.

The contract once agreed upon on BTC-TC between the issuer and
shareholder will be terminated naturally with the finalization of the
share redemption process and all liabilities and responsibilities shift
back to underlying issuer Cipher Mine.

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJTMfZlAAoJEHZ14xz1cZgyUlgP/icawrZevnoNzyoqjbk+lAMY
14fDvLqG4Yi+tCobkYRMO9OzYJ7awF/LGoPcnlBiTzMb5AGHA89G5+xc79LqkfeZ
vP+IhKV/9cEJdBIsS84eLq+IfcpgjyfIQbfQxzW1jia+PkE3SwJXZm0TkOWy+bwE
x2YGDB0cBxZP+4gQwKb41s/06BDDbJJWqI4V3345BRQSyqkV2ZwRPHxW086eqpj4
oPytV8A1rhRd9P5hBXBSpZFtqizvYd0wSkVjD+IDYpEmF0Vi0LtxeXJnC6w4y8y4
iyWljQxkDFtDFrsoFYa36lA/FwJPqsKNUnNjz1pBPe84WGIkla5+64XnKtVzjDds
NowBNCvt8hcGlm74vLEeB0Fam24yJYCHPN1SIoicpn1qIMhSkx1xEhy5TDmUU6+K
8u8YupE+7HRnhACvczJENy5iJ20+qlHWkg/dbszLja7JpMogN/MepWIQEq3GvBEH
/u3BBcOmkQGsRMVXq+9340XnflSOMjVCB3ck54U1Z7NLS0TizxPetW1QKjZDSm5c
l7wyVLRv8QB/T/ZobKCmrFI6VvNsW72mimL/NmzkM5xVNK4sEToHILPm2eSnlzOW
UAEAKfI795vtdJuRK+53mAEQHmO13sDrhWipraaS6E2wp6DQ576Y2RNT0yJlqyhb
mc4NOl9GwB2QXIQpu2wQ
=ad0L

hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

Shares received! And that took about, what, 30 minutes?! Holy cow! Thanks, dexX7.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
dexX7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:38:53 PM

The following came in via email few minutes ago:

URGENT
STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
FOR ADDRESSEE ONLY

Dear CipherMine 'shareholder',

We write to you in your capacity as a 'shareholder' of CipherMine ('CM'). This is an important communication sent to you by Wood Technology LLP ('WT'). As CM's Business Plan indicated, Kate Craig-Wood has at all times acted through WT. WT is also the legal owner of the mining hardware referred to below (see section 4.2 of CM's Business Plan).

You may wish to take legal advice on this communication and its implications for you.

The purpose of this communication
---------------------------------

The purpose of this communication is: (1) to inform you that CM is unlikely to be in a position to meet its liabilities; and (2) to propose a way forward with a view to minimising any potential exposure of CM 'shareholders' such as yourself.

This communication therefore requires a response from you by midnight (GMT) on 15 September 2014.

CM's assets and liabilities
---------------------------

CM's assets consist of:

1. The mining hardware purchased with the proceeds of the CM B1'bond' (the 'Bond') which was issued last year. Due to rising mining difficulty, that hardware is estimated to have a residual resale value of approximately EUR 10,000;

2. A 'share' in the start-up crowdfunding platform CipherTrade ('CT Share') based on a contribution at the relevant time by CM of USD $20,000; and

3. Any remaining cryptocurrency mined since the last payments to CM 'shareholders' and 'bondholders'. At the date of this communication, this is estimated to have value of approximately EUR 7,500.

CM's principal liability consists of the Bond, which has a total redemption value of approximately EUR 360,000. The maturity date of the 'Bond' is 9 September 2014.

Early redemption requests/ 'Bond' maturity
------------------------------------------

Some requests for early redemption have been received but it has not been possible to settle those requests. On 9 September 2014, CM is unlikely to be in a position to meet its liabilities. No further payments will therefore be made, either to CM 'shareholders' or 'bondholders'.

CM's failure
------------

>From the start, CM's failure was a possibility which was highlighted in various sections of CM's Business Plan.  CM's Business Plan contained a number of warnings to that effect.

CM's failure is the result of an exponential increase in mining difficultly. The situation was further aggravated by the fact that the value of BTC has increased six-fold over the last year or so, and by HashFast LLC, a major supplier of hardware to CM, going out of business (please see http://docs.ciphermine.com/HashFast%20bankruptcy%20notice.pdf).

Your potential liability
------------------------

CM was described as a "virtual company” by LTC-Global (and accordingly referred to as such in the CM Business Plan). However, as a matter of English law, CM may be considered a general partnership. If that is the case, then the 'shareholders' of CM - which includes yourself - would all be considered partners. As partners, they would all be jointly and severally liable for CM's debts, including the 'Bond'. It is therefore possible that 'bondholders' may seek to take legal action against CM's 'shareholders', including yourself, to seek to recover that debt. However, if 'bondholders' accept the restructure plan proposed below, that risk might be mitigated.

The restructure plan
--------------------

The following restructure plan is proposed:
1. Incorporate a new limited liability company ('New Company');
2. Transfer the CT Share to the New Company;
3. Make shares in the New Company available to 'bondholders' on a pro rata basis;
4. Sell CM's mining assets and make the proceeds of sale available to the 'bondholders' on a pro rata basis, along with any remaining cryptocurrency mined since the last payments to  CM 'shareholders' and 'bondholders'.

Next steps
----------

If a majority of the votes agree (one vote per share - see section 6.6 of CM's Business Plan), then this restructure plan can be proposed to 'bondholders'. Consent to this restructure plan will then be sought from a majority of 'bondholders'. However there is no guarantee that this restructure plan will be approved by them. The 'bondholders' may chose to reject the proposed re-structure and seek to enforce the debt against all CM's 'shareholders'.

Please note that if 'bondholders' seek instead to enforce their rights against WT (through which Kate Craig-Wood acted at all times), it is necessary for WT to reserve its right to seek an indemnity from CM's 'shareholders', which includes yourself.

Please confirm if you are for or against the proposed restructure plan by sending an email, by midnight (GMT) on 15 September 2014, to legal@ciphermine.com with your full name, the email address you used to register with LTC Global (litecoinglobal.com) quoting the original public withdrawal address given, or CipherTrade and your vote by indicating 'Yes' or 'No' in the subject line.

Yours faithfully,

Wood Technology LLP

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: