Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:05:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternodes  (Read 284 times)
Mgoblue1645 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:39:59 AM

First post. Could someone in the know give me their thoughts on if Masternodes are a profitable endeavor and if so which one recommended. Been watching crowdcoin, but really a novice at this.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
German Klimenko

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:50:35 AM

First post. Could someone in the know give me their thoughts on if Masternodes are a profitable endeavor and if so which one recommended. Been watching crowdcoin, but really a novice at this.
Thanks

Masternodes is profitable - sure. But in most cases it is very expensive toy. And I'm sure that in some cases Masternodes it is the method for hype only and could be qualified as scam attribute
AliCris

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:20:01 AM
Merited by Grim149x (1)

Just go to the website http://mnrank.com/ and choose any which you like and you can afford.  Many of them generate a good income, but also require investment.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:36:05 AM

Only profitable if you get in at the start. you are too late for crowdcoin now, the price is depreciating and there are way too many masternodes running on it already. if a coin has over 200 masternodes up than it is too late. try the one whose signature i'm wearing it is much newer.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
RESPONSIBLE_

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:44:44 AM

Just go to the website http://mnrank.com/ and choose any which you like and you can afford.  Many of them generate a good income, but also require investment.
I've been looking for a good site for a long time. Thank you
bitcoin9999

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:51:34 AM

Thanks

Here are my suggestions:
Did you notice of masternode coins coming out every week or even everyday?  How do you evaluate these coins to lessen your chance of being a bag holder?

First, you have to look at their website.  Does the website look like it is hap hazardously put together to catch the masternode frenzy?  This is a sign of a bad coin.  In this case, the owners just want their coins to be listed on masternodes.online and sell for a couple million dollars then create another coin and abandon ship.  You can get burn very badly because you are chasing after the 3000% ROI.  What's the point if it is going to crash a week later?

Second, the coin needs to show who the developers/owners are.  This is one of the only way to know that they are serious enough to develop a coin for long term.  Why is it ok for these masternode coins to hide their identities?  It is NOT ok.  This is a big red flag.  They want to hide their identities so they can create another masternode coin the following week and continue doing that onward.  It is very easy to fork another masternode coin.  So a coin without a team is a BIG RED FLAG.

Third, ask to see if this coin has a community or products to support it.  If there is no products or community to support it then you will be a bag holder very soon.

So these are the top three suggestions to evaluate masternode coins, as they are breeding like weed and you don't want to be a bag holder.

grinmoure

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:09:47 AM

You might want to look at a pooled masternode group.  StakeUnited is primarily a pooled PoS group staking many coins and just started a pooled masternode starting with Ignition Coin ($IC).  Check it out if you want https://stakeunited.com/grinmoure
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:12:18 AM

Startups with master codes can grow strongly in price
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:47:57 AM

Startups with master codes can grow strongly in price
Join masternodes you need to have a minimum amount of coins in hand! That means the value of your assets will change drastically in the event of price fluctuations.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:56:10 AM

Masternodes are very profitable, if they bought in ICO or at the start, when price is so cheap. Later, when coin is already released, price usually is very expensive.
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:32:13 AM

I've installed the node from the Solaris, now the coin is already very expensive and you have to buy coins at 1.6-1.8 bitcoin. I bought in early very cheap. Prior to that, ran a few masternodes just for sample. While flight normal. Very often turns out to be a very profitable investment.
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:20:28 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2019, 12:22:49 AM by serejandmyself

The account was hacked between 29.01.2018 and 04.02.2019. All posts made during this period were not made by me.

Please see this topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5106030.msg49582645#msg49582645

Game of Links

cyber~license©
PumaPuma_

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:28:31 PM

Look at the trend of growth of coins with master craftsmen. Purchased coins at the ICO stage made patient investors millionaires.
Higher Altitude

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:03:07 PM

I saw people lose a lot money because the price of the coin dropped a lot in value and they didn't want to end up bagholding. The ROI didn't matter anymore because you would never reach ROI if the coin loses 50-80% in value and stays there. My question is: What is your recommendation in that scenario when you throw 100k at a coin?

Sure, if you bought Dash when it was cheap, built a Masternode around it and got your annual 8% now PLUS the price increase of the coin it's all worth it and I would recommend doing that. But not everyone had to opportunity to invest in Dash.
Now many coins have shown up that are strictly for profiting from Masternodes and the coin itself doesn't have much development. Will those projects ever succeed? Probably not because it's hard enough for normal coins to succeed. And the same rules apply. If the price is too high (=hype) right out of the gate and development is weak then it will probably crash. And if the price is low (=no hype) and development is strong normal growth can occur. I'd recommend to invest in the later.
roket1788

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:27 PM

Maternodes are profitable if u buy at the cheap price.
Master nodes are good as it allows cheap transaction and allot of them to be done second but it is less secure than mining and it takes some coins to start off mining is less and will cause btc to fall behind master node because it is more expensive and less beneficial for people using it the successful coins will have allot of transaction per second and cheap fees as well as being secure.
in conclusion, master node coins will be the future of cryptos
Mgoblue1645 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:44:08 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 01:59:39 AM by Mgoblue1645

Thanks for the insight. Which site would you recommend to host the masternode and does it matter the minimum worth you need to put in?
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:49:37 AM

Thanks for the insight. Which site would you recommend to host the masternode and dues it matter the minimum worth you need to put in?

You don't host master-nodes on site. They are hosted in servers and the operator of those servers won't give you any help troubleshooting any problems, so its all upto the user. here's a guide that may help https://blockonomi.com/masternode-guide/
cicciogas

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

CryptoCashbackRebate-Rewarding Cryptos

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:35:48 AM

Thanks

Here are my suggestions:
Did you notice of masternode coins coming out every week or even everyday?  How do you evaluate these coins to lessen your chance of being a bag holder?

First, you have to look at their website.  Does the website look like it is hap hazardously put together to catch the masternode frenzy?  This is a sign of a bad coin.  In this case, the owners just want their coins to be listed on masternodes.online and sell for a couple million dollars then create another coin and abandon ship.  You can get burn very badly because you are chasing after the 3000% ROI.  What's the point if it is going to crash a week later?

Second, the coin needs to show who the developers/owners are.  This is one of the only way to know that they are serious enough to develop a coin for long term.  Why is it ok for these masternode coins to hide their identities?  It is NOT ok.  This is a big red flag.  They want to hide their identities so they can create another masternode coin the following week and continue doing that onward.  It is very easy to fork another masternode coin.  So a coin without a team is a BIG RED FLAG.

Third, ask to see if this coin has a community or products to support it.  If there is no products or community to support it then you will be a bag holder very soon.

So these are the top three suggestions to evaluate masternode coins, as they are breeding like weed and you don't want to be a bag holder.

Thank you mate, i'm a rookie, and your comment was a good lesson. I'm curious to see what VEN masternode will look like. Time will tell. It's obviously out reach sadly-

Join CryptoCashbackRebate
First Cashback & Rebate Portal for Cryptocurrency Community (http://ico.cryptocashbackrebate.com)
dr_thuytien

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:39:47 AM

~
You can check estimated ROI for so many masternode coin there before investing
https://masternodes.online/
However, please remember that those ones are estimated ones, they will decrease over time when more masternodes locked in the network.
PumaPuma_

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:15:30 PM

I watched the coin Blocknet. I waited for a deep landing, but apparently I can not wait.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: