Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:57:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Greenhorn Needs YOUR Help!! - GPU w/ riser not recognized on ASUS B250  (Read 124 times)
Gillzilla (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:28:26 AM

My new ASUS B250 Mining Expert doesn't recognize the Nvidia GPU when connected via the riser (high quality riser), which I tried 2 just to make sure I didn't have a faulty riser. Connected a single Nvidia 1060 directly to the x16 PCI, downloaded the drivers, and it works fine. I'm actually up & running at lease, at an out of the box 15Mhs!! Will look to squeeze it to 20ish with MSI Afterburner once I resolved this matter. 

New to the forum, so my apologies if there's a thread for this specific issue.

Seems as if this is a common problem, so hoping one of you can help me out & point me in the right direction.

I will say that after firing up the single GPU, where I worked to get it mining and plugged into a pool, I HAVE NOT yet tried a GPU w/ a riser....not sure if the earlier problem of the GPU not being detected because the Nvidia driver(s) has not yet been loaded....which they are now (apologies if this is the culprit, but wanted to get it connected to a pool, which I had to work on for the past hour or so).

Any thoughts / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Gillzilla.

P.S. - This is my first rig, and I'm not all that knowledgeable about computer hardware / software.....so I'm a git out of my element, but excited I got this far!  Smiley
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:39:51 AM

The ALT mining section will reward you with answers. In the bottom left corner of YOUR post there is
an option to move it. Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Gillzilla (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:22:37 PM

Hi there. That’s for the pointer. I posted that when I first signed up.

I will move the post and see if someone can advise what in BIOS I need to adjust.

Many thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: