Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Characteristic of trader  (Read 793 times)
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:40:08 AM

everything you mentioned is true and all this has a solution and there is one key where you can control all these keys is patience, no matter how they trade and what character is just one solution, patience.
Exactly if they will have time to wait and money to trade in bitcoin then nothing will ever beat them but if they will be impatient then not sure for better future and profit, so in my opinion a trader should be, smart that he will have the power to trade and earn good profit, he should be wise and disciplined. Growth of bitcoin is depending on time of trading and amount of money that how much you are trading with smart time.
I think it could be misleading when it comes to trade something like an altcoin that created for short term purpose to die soon or long term purpose I mean like when you do so patient waiting the price move up to the highest level but then it's so stable on low value, your patience could be mean nothing but a huge loss. It's pretty clear conditional not only about patience but various factors.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:17:16 PM

Each broker loses cash, and you should have the capacity to acknowledge this as a reality of your recently picked existence without freezing. Everybody in this field loses cash, yet the character attribute that isolates terrible merchants from fruitful choices brokers is the capacity to continue onward and to gain from the misfortune. Utilize the misfortune as a learning opportunity, to see where you can move your technique on, or alter it to lessen the hazard.

QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:41:48 PM

That's an interesting thread!
Here are my characteristics of a good trader:

A GOOD CONTROL OVER SELF EMOTIONS: Be rational in your decisions, not emotional

PATIENCE: Don't chase a trade, instead let it come to you

ANTICIPATION & ABILITY TO READ MARKET SENTIMENT: Know when to buy (or sell) before everyone else know they need to buy (or sell)

HAVE A PLAN: Know what price you want to enter, what price you want to exit, your trade size and stop before you play your trade

LESS IS BETTER: It's better to know all the ins and outs of just a handful of tickers (coins) vs. jumping around 50-100 different tickers in the hope of finding the perfect setup

DIVERSIFICATION IS NOT FOR TRADERS: Diversification is a "BAND-AID" against ignorance.

CHART STORY: Learn how to read the story the chart is telling you
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:56:57 AM

I think this is good to know specially for newbie who want to start trading.
Skill is number 1 but we can not deny also this characteric because those are very important.

And I see a trader as a person, who is intelligent, patient, thoughtful, risky and the guy, who can take decisions very fast. I suppose all traders should be also educated people.
Crislyn4116

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:15:00 AM

For me im a trader but im not a perfect trader or proffesional im a simple trader that starting study about a technique of the best trader. For become a trader you need to study the basic candle sticks and pattern. You need to control your emotion to make some profit for every trade if you dont have emotion you will lose or make some profit about trade you will sell if you have profit and you sell if the coin dump so control your emotion .

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
pugi2 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:46:17 AM

Trading success comes from screen time and experience.Because of that,different characteristic developed.The best traders have a well documented plan,the important is they know exactly what they are looking for and follow that plan to the letter.Best traders know their limitation and expand a lot of energy in limiting and controlling their risk before thinking about profits.
A proper paper work is very important for achieving your goals and targets. Without a proper plan followed by backups, it is not possible for vine the smartest person to achieve exactly what he or she wants. As far as becoming successful trader is concerned, the thing is that it demands specific things from the volunteer. He or she should have very good technical knowledge along with handsome experience.

Yes this is true that trading plan is very important to prepare for succesful trading.
Technical knowledge too, not only technical, fundamental knowledge also not less important. But this thread specially concern about characteristic only. But thanks for feedback.

This is a very good article to observing the quality of your trading, based on what you said is all about emotion and how to overcome it but i think mostly people failed in trading because they dont have strategies in every trade they make and only depend based on guts and how low the price has been dropped. Based on my experience i would like to add this few things and hope it works  Grin Grin
1. Always have and exit plan
Getting into the market and buying a coin is easy, what harder is having an exit plan. When will you close your position when you already gain some profits but the chart still looking strong and the price keep pumping? When will you cut your losses when the price dropped, or you just hold your coin and hoping in uncertainty that one day the coin will back into my open position price.

2. Maintain your capital / leverage
Either you trading using full capital in exchanger or using leverage in some trading platform, you should be aware that cryptocurrency trading has lots of risk and you should never overtrade or eat more that you can chew. Instead of using all your capital to buy 1 coin, i suggest to diversify it into other coins. Whether you diversify half into a long term investment and the other half for trading is based on your choice. However you should always keep some of your cash money for your own expenses and not overtrading and throw it all in the exchanger otherwise in market condition like these day, you will surely trapped with emotion whether you need to eat and cutloss your position or holding your position hoping for miracle while you starve to death  Grin Grin

Its very helpful too. Thanks for adding.
Those two also all about technical. I know without technical, trading will not have rule and goal. Its like blind trading.
But one more this is special for characteristic so thats why i dont add in thread.  Once more thanks
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:07:22 AM

Hello everyone
I am newbie here in cryptocurrency trading so i can feel what newbie feel when they start trading.
As newbie, one thing we have to do is learning. Learning can be from any source for example this forum, google, youtube or maybe private with expert. You can choose betwen those source to learn how to start trading so of course we do it to get skill which we can use to trade. Skill is very important but there are other thing such characteristic that we can not learn so easy from those source.

1. Greedy
Greedy is first characteristic that can make us ending in loss. If we trade without profit target, this greedy can kill your profit. Try to make target for your trade for example 50% or 100% from your capital in long term or 5% in short term. Sell your asset after touching the target, if not the price maybe go back to bearish.

2. Patience
This is specially very important for long term trader. Dont ever sell your coin in the bottom of buying price. We should be patient waiting the price return back to bullish.

3. Panic
Panic can be solved by choosing the right coin. Becasue if we choose the shit coin then we will sell it in panic if the price goes down rapidly. So panic also very dangerous for our asset value.

4. Confident
Confident is needed when we try to pick the right coin. Without confident, we can miss the big chance of the profit because waiting too long to execute. But please dont over confident.

5. Doubt
Dont ever doubt if you think that is the good coin, just do fast reaction to make good profit. This doubt can be solved by doing good research before picking the coin.

I think all trader have noticed those above characteristic but thats special for newbie like me and other newbie.
I am not expert so i can not explain it well and i hope any expert can correct and add others if i miss it.
I hope it can be usefull for newbie.

Edit

Emotions :
The ability to rid yourself of all emotions and taking profit the moment the coin you invested increases in significant value before the coin gets dumped on you. This applies mostly to day traders.

Trading pattern :
Every good trader should recognize trading patterns especially for pump and dump coins which are usually always similar.

Thanks to kevoh

I will add a few important rules:
- Do not work with borrowed money.
- "The biggest enemy is nerves." Control emotions. Discipline and patience!
- Before entering the market, decide how much you are willing to lose. If you do not decide, do not go in; you will definitely lose everything.
I add this from kolega. Thanks
All of us experienced this, doubts is there but you need to believe in your coins no matter what, also there are down market but we need patience to wait for the best price. Never become greedy because that will make you lose which is very true. You are right when you hold or we hold we need to have price goal to not lose your profit again. You must hold with goal.
LovelyFLOWER

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:56:37 AM

Hello everyone
I am newbie here in cryptocurrency trading so i can feel what newbie feel when they start trading.
As newbie, one thing we have to do is learning. Learning can be from any source for example this forum, google, youtube or maybe private with expert. You can choose betwen those source to learn how to start trading so of course we do it to get skill which we can use to trade. Skill is very important but there are other thing such characteristic that we can not learn so easy from those source.

1. Greedy
Greedy is first characteristic that can make us ending in loss. If we trade without profit target, this greedy can kill your profit. Try to make target for your trade for example 50% or 100% from your capital in long term or 5% in short term. Sell your asset after touching the target, if not the price maybe go back to bearish.

2. Patience
This is specially very important for long term trader. Dont ever sell your coin in the bottom of buying price. We should be patient waiting the price return back to bullish.

3. Panic
Panic can be solved by choosing the right coin. Becasue if we choose the shit coin then we will sell it in panic if the price goes down rapidly. So panic also very dangerous for our asset value.

4. Confident
Confident is needed when we try to pick the right coin. Without confident, we can miss the big chance of the profit because waiting too long to execute. But please dont over confident.

5. Doubt
Dont ever doubt if you think that is the good coin, just do fast reaction to make good profit. This doubt can be solved by doing good research before picking the coin.

I think all trader have noticed those above characteristic but thats special for newbie like me and other newbie.
I am not expert so i can not explain it well and i hope any expert can correct and add others if i miss it.

Edit

Emotions :
The ability to rid yourself of all emotions and taking profit the moment the coin you invested increases in significant value before the coin gets dumped on you. This applies mostly to day traders.

Trading pattern :
Every good trader should recognize trading patterns especially for pump and dump coins which are usually always similar.

Thanks to kevoh

- Before entering the market, decide how much you are willing to lose. If you do not decide, do not go in; you will definitely lose everything.
The characteristics needed when you are trader is to have a too long patience in able to deal in every  trading and also it requires a wise thingking that also can lead into success in every moment when you are trading. Entering a trading is needed a more effort and willingness to sacrifice just to gain  and be a successful at the other side everyone can avail ti trade but time,effort and long patiece needed and when you have these thing you would be able to become a successful trader.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:05:02 PM

Hello everyone

1. Greedy

2. Patience

3. Panic

4. Confident

5. Doubt

Edit

Emotions :

Trading pattern :

Thanks to kevoh

yes you mentioned very true and currently many new players who only have emotions and do not have a very high level of patience because if you know the key is in the patience you have.
Harsh_Patel

Activity: 182

Algo Trader

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:24:16 PM

Here are few things I would like to add:

• Patience
  • Willingness to loose
  • Descipline
  • Dedication

Understanding the technology is also important and needs to be checked before trading.

I am sorry for my wrong doings.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Hindi Translation Delivery in 5 days ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
cryptoimal86

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:36:09 PM

2. Patience

3. Panic

4. Confident

5. Doubt

I think this is the most needed characteristics of a good trader.  Patient is the first thing that trader must be learnt as their first lesson.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:39:57 PM

I want to share my experience of trading on a well-known exchange! At first he was a complete dilettante, thought about buying a coin, breaking his portfolio into part of bitcoin and part of other coins! After buying, I began to track the market, follow the news and after a successful investment in one of the coins (+ 1500%), interest and curiosity began to play out, that it was worth waiting in six months or a year of a successful project, started acting, selling a ballast that was in the rating of successful coins, but does not grow as I wanted, sold, bought other coins .... and then it started to wear me .... coins that I bought in the beginning began to shoot up, those that I bought at the top somewhere, began to fall and grow, but in general, they stand in one place, eventually after a couple of months, until January 20 18 years, I lost about 25% of the capital, came January and already February, a drawdown on capital of 60%, I think not one of me this situation, I hope for the best, after February 2018. I wanted to share some of my conclusions, which I understood:

1. No need to rush to buy a coin that began to grow up, look at all news channels about this coin about her idea and why it began to grow, perhaps the peak of growth has already passed it and the news has played!
2. Study the news, they will help you to be in the center of events!
3. Subscribe to coins, to their groups in social networks!
4. Do not sell on the bottoms, the coin will grow in any case, if you bought not a bad coin!
5. Study each coin, its team, its idea, because at any time you can get the finish and loss of money!
But as a probyte, do not be afraid and go into the capital, which you are ready to lose! Good luck to all:)
brightLIFE

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:41:44 PM

Hello everyone

1. Greedy

2. Patience

3. Panic

4. Confident

5. Doubt

Edit

Emotions :

Trading pattern :

Thanks to kevoh

Patience is the Key. Even me I am in the situation that sometimes thinking that how about if the price is not going to rise again will I sell now? Or still hold? Sometimes, this is so dangerous because losing of fear is sometimes end in losing all of that. Well, that's true that when you want to become trader you mus be patient and you have goal. If you want to become successful you should wait and control your self.
mrsbee

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:03:08 AM

CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL TRADERS
Detail Oriented – It shouldn’t come as a surprise that being detail oriented is important to being a successful trader. Type a ticker wrong or fat finger a quantity and things can go south very fast. A suspected typo of 16 billion vs 16 million shares of Proctor & Gamble led to a significant dip, albeit temporary, in the markets back in 2010. And several hours of trading were halted on the NASDAQ in 2013 due to human error. Accuracy and being detail oriented are critical for trades to run smoothly. Nobody wants to deal with the stress, costs, and complications of human error.

Organized – Alongside being detail oriented is having a knack for organization. Successful traders can keep track of multiple orders and follow through until everything is fully executed. Fall asleep at your desk or forget to complete an order and the consequences could be ugly. Traders are also able to keep track of all of their trading records, likely through the use of software, so data doesn’t get lost or reported incorrectly.

Patient – Experienced traders don’t expect to make profits quickly. Value focused traders in particular are known for their patience since it can take long periods of time for undervalued securities to become profitable. Having patience can also go a long way when the markets or specific securities are taking time to recover, and avoid making a move too soon.

Able To Face Fears And Move Past Losses – Successful traders learn from past losses and move on. It’s impossible to make money on every single investment and traders realize this. So instead of harping on losses, accomplished traders use those experiences to adjust their strategies and plans on future trades.

Adaptable – There’s no doubt the economy and markets are constantly changing. Successful traders are able to recognize shifts and changes that may affect their existing and prospective holdings. Being adaptable and quickly accepting change can come in handy and lead to more profits.

Proactive Not Reactive – A rookie mistake that inexperienced traders may make is overreacting and making rash trading decisions. Experienced traders think things through before making decisions, and recognize the downsides to overreacting and reacting too soon. Keeping a keen eye out for the latest trends, from what cars people are driving, to the brand of shoes the kids are wearing, are just a few of the ways you can get new investing ideas to research further and proactively invest before the market becomes overbought.

Disciplined – The ability to focus and stay disciplined is important as a trader. Sticking to a plan, actively watching the markets, and following through are essential. An undisciplined trader could lose out on profits by overlooking significant market movements, missing industry trends, or even losing sight of his or her trading strategy.

Put Emotions Aside – You’ve probably heard someone say it isn’t wise to get emotional when investing and making trades. Research has shown that traders who are too emotionally impacted by their daily gains and losses perform worse on average than those who don’t get overly emotional. Getting too emotional can lead to overreacting, poor decision-making, and losing focus.

Look Past The Hype – It’s easy to get pulled into believing everything you read and hear in the media. However, things can get overdramatized, taken out of context, or overplayed on the news. Successful traders think for themselves, have their own opinions about current events and market trends, and make their own conclusions without getting overly drawn into the hype.

Embrace Their Inner Psychopath – Oddly enough, studies have shown that the desire traders feel to win at all costs is greater than what psychopaths’ experience. According to one German study, part of the reasoning behind this is traders are comfortable taking on more risk. Additionally, successful traders tend to make sacrifices to gain competitive advantages over others. Perhaps the craziness of high stress and adrenaline rush environments that successful traders thrive on is also a contributor.
multimix

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:33:17 AM

in trading activity we just need to taking control the emotions in trading depending on the trend of price in the markets, target of profit in trading activity and any other related with the trading until we to be sucessfull in trading and getting the active income profit.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:39:26 AM

Being greedy is also a characteristic of a gambler. Wanting much more money will merely lead you to your failure. Panicking is the characteristic of most people on this forum. So, when the price drops by $100, you will notice many threads made about the end of bitcoin. Patience, as you mentioned, is the key to success. In every field, you need to be patient and leave everything for time to decide. Doubt is a natural thing if you ask me because it is the path to the truth.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:23:46 PM

I think greed and fear are the most and strongest reasons to losing money , and those two are in the human nature , We have born with them and controlling them is very hard sometimes , I believe a bit of them are necessary but too much , make you lose!

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:45:48 PM

There's a lot of factors to consider in order to say if someone is a good trader and having all of these will guarantee you success in the crypto world. Good monitoring skill is one of them because as you can see, we based our buying and selling decisions on the movement of the coins in the market and if you have good monitoring skills there's a big chance of you choosing the right and the most profitable coins out there. Another one is flexible in time management because here in crypto time is gold and just a split of seconds you can lose all of your money.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:18:25 PM

For me the characteristics of the trader must have a pleasant personality to  know how deals with the conflicts and struggles in this kind of business,  know how to do critical thinking during hard times and must active and analytical to the flow of the business.
DJ_Rick

Activity: 241

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

Greediness is always the biggest mistake that most traders do when they just start trading, because it leads to a lot of losses in a short period of time, and we all know that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: