Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Days for NiceHash reimbursement date!  (Read 443 times)
CecilioGMiner (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:08:37 AM

I was affected by the hack like many people here I guess.
Just want to know you opinion about what will happen on 31st.What do you think?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:47:29 AM

I think that once lost, trust is a VERY hard thing to get back. Nicetrash will not see me ever again.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:55:29 AM

Correction, that date is to Announce only the exact date of Reimbursement, so don't expect to be paid at 31st.

I think that once lost, trust is a VERY hard thing to get back. Nicetrash will not see me ever again.

Yep, lets see if they will keep their word to return what is stolen.

oh btw, I don't know if there's some connection with BTC price on these days..hmmmmmnnn.. I am just overthinking it  Cheesy
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

I think a lot of people are expecting something to be announced. I too have a small amount locked up there and I also will not show my face there again unless they reimburse us. I am surprised people went back to mining with them already before they even announcing a payback plan.

Myself I will stay away until they repay us, and even then would probably be cautious for about 6 months after. I will say the instant and free Coinbase transfer was a good start on their part on preventing further issues going forward, but it should be automatic once a minimal threshold is reached and not a manual process.
Za1n
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:19:52 PM
Merited by leonix007 (1)

Correction, that date is to Announce only the exact date of Reimbursement, so don't expect to be paid at 31st.

oh btw, I don't know if there's some connection with BTC price on these days..hmmmmmnnn.. I am just overthinking it  Cheesy

No, I do not think you are over thinking it at all. We deserve to know what happened and right now anyone's guess is as good as any other.

Here is one thought, it could have been an inside job of one or more people who were preparing to close up and exit scam everyone. Remember this happened right as BTC was crossing the $10k barrier. In a short amount of time it reached close to $20,000 when the stolen BTC was moving around.

Who is to say they didn't sell a lot of that BTC between $15,000 and $19,000. Now that the price has corrected down to $10,000 again, they could buy back all the stolen BTC they sold, keep the $5-9k per BTC profit for themselves and sometime in the future mysteriously be able to return all the missing BTC to the users.

Why not keep it all might you ask? Think about it, it would be far less likely for users to press ahead with lawsuits as well as any possible criminal charges if users are made whole again.
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:33:08 PM

I too have a small amount there so I will wait and see what happens there....

Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:35:55 PM

I am surprised people went back to mining with them already before they even announcing a payback plan.

As long as there are sheep, there will be wool...
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:47:36 PM

No, I do not think you are over thinking it at all. We deserve to know what happened and right now anyone's guess is as good as any other.

Here is one thought, it could have been an inside job of one or more people who were preparing to close up and exit scam everyone. Remember this happened right as BTC was crossing the $10k barrier. In a short amount of time it reached close to $20,000 when the stolen BTC was moving around.

Who is to say they didn't sell a lot of that BTC between $15,000 and $19,000. Now that the price has corrected down to $10,000 again, they could buy back all the stolen BTC they sold, keep the $5-9k per BTC profit for themselves and sometime in the future mysteriously be able to return all the missing BTC to the users.

Why not keep it all might you ask? Think about it, it would be far less likely for users to press ahead with lawsuits as well as any possible criminal charges if users are made whole again.

Nice analysis bro, I was just thinking on the partnerships of NH and coinbase, and some other whales out there holding large amount of BTC and able to control the price. but the scenarios like you said has very good point.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:50:06 PM

Yes I hope, anyone who coins in Nicehash before the hacked. Nicehash return it.

But a belief is difficult to wake up again. They lost their coins and lost their confidance to mining in Nicehash

patofet

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

We'll see what date we'll see our money in our wallets, I think they in 6 months will pay us
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:41:51 PM

NiceHash has lost the confidence of the miners. And it will be difficult to restore it. But they are trying to do, for example, have reduced the minimum withdrawal amount to 0.005 BTC, and was reduced to twice a Commission for withdrawal. Let's see what will happen next.
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 06:50:13 AM

Yes, we are all crossing our fingers here. I'm just happy to see that they are keeping track and that our original balance is at least accurate and shown when we log in.  I can't imagine they will push it out again with so many eyeballs watching them.

Za1n
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:34:47 PM

Looks like when they said "The exact date of reimbursement for old balances will be announced by January 31, 2018" they actually meant on January 31, 2018, assuming they don't push the announcement off even further.

Even if everything they told us thus far is on the up and up, you would think they would have a plan in place by now and details they could release to the public. All this secrecy and shady back-room dealing doesn't really lend confidence to everyone who they still owe BTC to.

Also, did they ever release the name of the "appropriate authorities" they reported this supposed crime to? Myself, I still think it smells of an inside job, but I guess we will find out tomorrow (hopefully).
CecilioGMiner (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

Thanks for your repplies guys! My opinion is like yours. I can't trust NH no more, in my case I never going back (before the hack i didnt want to mine there but they where the most profitable at the moment). Only I hope is that all of us can have our BTC back ASAP. Will see what they told us tomorrow.

PS: i read a nice theory in reddit I think what pointed ex NH ceo Marko Kobal connections to black hat hacking (butterfly virus i belive) and other shady activities;interesting.

flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

I am hopeful that Nicehash will meet the deadline and all those that were affected will at least see some money back.  If they are unable to do so it would be another black mark for them.  Although I don't think it will stop them from being successful with how many people went right back to them when they reopened.
mitheelesh

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:29:48 PM

I was affected by the hack like many people here I guess.
Just want to know you opinion about what will happen on 31st.What do you think?
Don't worry nothing will happen. These are just talk in air so ignore it and continue.
micha_b

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

Think about, to give you money back, they first have to earn it !
That's the reason why I pointed some of my miners back to NH.

I'm sure, they will do anything to make NH fireproof from now
on, so my money will be as save as on every other pool around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: