Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:48:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:35 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Although there are billions of hackers everywhere you will not be a victim of hackers unless you did not take care of your wallet/private keys. It depends on how you take care of your private key which is very important and the only key to open up your wallet. We can say that crypto is really vulnerable to hackers but we can prevent it.
1.Just keep your things secured (private keys and passwords).
2.Never share them to anyone unless you trust him/her/them. Actually sometimes the person we trust the most also betrays us.
3.Never click suspicious or anonymous links (this might be phishing sites or links). Think before you click.

The only reason why we're getting victim of hacking(also scamming) is because of our own carelessness.

404 Not Found

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:31:34 AM

The safety of the cryptocurrency depends on how well your coins are managed , where you choose to store them.
How frequently you change your password.
You know everything is hackable but one much know that there are precautions that you can take at every moment making your account 110% secure.
First of all you must store your coins in an offline wallet or a hardware one, you must choose password , pass phrase , key with utmost importance remember this the more complex it is, the more difficult it will be to sit and have ur I'd, just follow the precautions and crypto currency is 110% safe.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:48:43 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
heker grows like a mushroom one in ten repeated or a thousand always grow breeding in my opinion is very difficult to eradicate it, you do not mistakenly choose where and where the blockchain is so safe that it can be safe to create a complicated password so heker is not easy to enter.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:50:34 AM

There's really lot's of hacker even before when cryptos are not yet introduce in the market but with proper implementation of security can help ones account to be safe from these hackers, we must maintain a good and strong private keys also we must be careful in declaring our earnings and disclosing them with other people and as much as possible maintain an offline wallet that's I think much safer than online wallets.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:12:42 AM

Up to this day the only threat an hacker can inflict to you is through phising sites and unsecured links with viruses, coordinated attacks of hackers usually targets large companies or projects and mostly I believed it to be inside job. Hackers can't brute force hack any private keys and it is impossible for them to copy bitcoins so if you are an individual investors or a small group you should focus on your awareness to these threats but if you are planning to start an ICO then I suggest you invest to security or a team of white hats just to be sure.

radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:39:40 AM

I think this is the credibility of ICO managers themselves who can not maintain their security system, they can attract investors to invest in the ICO project, even able to offer greater benefits but not implement a strong security system. so it can invite hackers to steal all the assets they have.
the action that we need to be wary of hacker crime is to keep all the assets we have in a safe and reliable storage place so it is not easy to steal.

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:55:06 AM

All sides must be involved in maintaining good safety by providers, activists, customers. If it is done, then no one blames each other if something bad happens.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:59:51 AM

I would strongly advice everyone to never store their crypto's in exchanges until that particular exchange gives you 100% guarantee that it is safe.Recently Etherdelta was hacked and many people were ripped off their crypto and many had to go through a huge loss.
Hackers are indeed everywhere, but the crypto is also evolving every day and becomes more safe as we speek
Yes we hope that the exchanges and other wallets increase their securities keeping in mind that their users should never suffer a loss because of using their particular exchange or wallet.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:10:47 AM

I think cryptos are the best way to save money. Even with hackers everywhere, crypto currency is anonymous and decentralized. It is harder to steal people's money and lead transactions. There is nothing totally safe in the world. But crypto currencies are striving for this.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

I think cryptos are the best way to save money. Even with hackers everywhere, crypto currency is anonymous and decentralized. It is harder to steal people's money and lead transactions. There is nothing totally safe in the world. But crypto currencies are striving for this.

And apparently, bitcoin is really hard to hack the thing that we are not taking care of is our wallets. Exchanges and ICOs are prone to hackers since they are really not that secure for holding digital currencies. If you want your digital curencies safe, then there is a lot of kind of wallet you can use.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:36:38 AM

Bitcoin has been created since 2009, and I never heard a news Bitcoin getting hacked. The only problem is when you put your money on the exchange there is a high possibility it could be hacked. The technologies itself has been proved to be unhackable for now, the only thing when in case it hacked is I'm sure its a human error.
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:53:23 AM

Well, we just need to be extra careful. Don't open link on email when the source of that email is someone you don't know. You got to have a strong password on your Exchanges and activate 2FA.
Advicerabi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:56:13 AM

To avoid our wallet account from hackers. Here are some ways to protect our wallets:
-Don't spread the Private Key of your Wallet to the public.
-Tips on how to secure your next wallet account is by using a strong password, use a mixture of small or large letters, numbers and symbols. 
Make sure to active Two Factor Authentification
-Check before visiting A Link before you've visited that have filled a phishing script for injecting your computer with script recording activity you do on your computer. 
-Never store a large amount of Bitcoin on the Exchange website in a prolonged period of time, because the wallet provided Exchange site is basically their wallet address especially if the wallet features make the new wallet (generate) then your Bitcoin can be ensured to be lost. 
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:56:58 AM

i think the best self defense the we should have is self education, we have to be acquanted about cyber securities work and the prons and cons of joining a site and how to avoid or minimize the risk on them

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Mecryptopheles

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:01:03 AM

Well, you know, no home is completely safe, but if you let your front door open, this ia a temptation for anybody!
Nothing is safe online, but lot of people don't take the minimal measures of safety.
The Count of MonteCryptos

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:04:34 AM

Well, you know, no home is completely safe, but if you let your front door open, this ia a temptation for anybody!
Nothing is safe online, but lot of people don't take the minimal measures of safety.

Yes, there are people that let everywhere their private key, than they cry where they are stolen and blame the system.
pogitayo

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:16:45 AM

Being a good bitcoin user, maybe we can report someone if we find that user is suspicious enough to be a hacker or potential spy. Maybe the system is safe so that it can detect hackers who wants to infiltrate in the system.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:21:52 AM

I hate to admit but , in such an age, where technology reign, no body 's datas and informations are safe. It is true that bitcoin is untracebale. So, you shouldn't be worried about your transaction getting hacked. But what you should be worried about , is your whole pc or mobile getting hacked. That is what hackers do.
The best way to protect yourself ,  in my personnel opinion , is to use VPN.
Another advice, don't download or enter not well known sites. Hackers can inject the virus in any application.
We should just be cautious and we will be fine.

slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:34:40 AM

Risk is found everywhere. It can be of through bitcoin or something else, there are users who have lost investing into real time schemes. With cryptocurrency as everything happens through internet the security continues to be a major issue even after the availability of lots of wallets and security functionalities.
Capuchin Crypt

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:55:14 AM

I agree that there are a lot of safety issues, and hackers are ready to exploit them, but lot of people are completely unaware of the risks and they don't take any security measure.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: