Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:22:07 PM

Indeed, hackers are everywhere and we must pay great attention to the security of their means. As we can see, our wallets and even stock exchanges are susceptible to hacking.

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

Hacking the stock exchange and the ICO cannot be prevented. It will always be. Hackers are monitoring the entire network. It seems to me that over time the exchange will come up with a mechanism to delay the application for withdrawal of funds in order to be able to verify the authenticity of the request for withdrawal of the coins. The withdrawal of Fiat in my exchange occurs within 3 days. I think all this time, you can stop the payment if it were made by hackers. For me this delay will not be a tragedy.
The safety and security of your cryptocurrency depends on how you handle it. These so called internet thieves or hackers are working day and night on how to hack anybodies account. We must always choose a secured wallet for our own safety. Remember to take strict precautions in giving our personal internet account identifications.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Use Trezor wallet or paper wallet. Install the updated Anti-virus. Do not think all the time you will be hacked - it depresses.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:44:17 PM

Cryptocurrencies are safe and if there is something to worry about, it is us. I said us because we don't have the maximum knowledge about the security and since most of us are just average person that know something about security then that will be the hole or vulnerability for us to have a chance to get hack by the hackers so as long as possible, it is better if you will keep them in an offline wallet.
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:05:01 PM

Thank you for asking this question, I learned a lot reading the comments. This should be like pinned or something, like all the ways to keep your investments safe.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:22:17 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

I think that being hacked does not fall on the cryptocurrencies care, it falls within the care of the owner or the holder of the coin. Just like bitcoin for example, it has lasted for over years and nothing happened to it, except for it's value being low, still it is a part of it's volatility nature. Going back, there were no hack issues within bitcoin's system for years, only some owners who claim that their wallet got hacked.
DexterLox

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:15:12 PM

The surest way to keep your Bitcoins safe is to store them in paper wallets. It is worth mentioning that the theft of Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies occur in the Exchanges, where computer chips exploit vulnerabilities to enter the system and subtract the Tokens. So far no attack has been reported to the nodes, or to the Blockchain.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

Indeed, hackers are everywhere and we must pay great attention to the security of their means. As we can see, our wallets and even stock exchanges are susceptible to hacking.
Yeah right now hacking is common people have become so mean they are trying to take people’s money and they are finding it easy way to get rich even without doing any hard work but it is not good we will have to be careful about our bitcoin, now in market there are a lot of wallets that will make bitcoin safe, now hardware wallets are there and online offline wallets are also there but I would suggest you to use the blockchain as it is easy to use and reliable to have.
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

Crypto hacking and cyber theft are a rising threat for the users of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in cryptocurrency were stolen last week when 660,000 BlackWallet accounts fell victim to an unexpected cyber attack. The hackers behind the theft got away with approximately $400,000 worth of Stellar Lumen (XLM) coins after they took control of BlackWallet’s servers. In December, Seoul-based Youbit exchange in South Korea, filed for bankruptcy after a vicious cyber attack stole a fifth of its clients crypto holdings. With these cryptocurrency attacks in mind, it would seem as though it may be difficult to keep your bitcoin safe. But BadBitcoin, a self-appointed group of crypto enthusiasts exposing bitcoin scams and fraudulent exchanges, argue that keeping your bitcoin safe is actually “very, very easy”. Bad Bitcoin's project leader ViK, who asked for anonymity to due to concern for his safety, has shared some of his top tips with Express.co.uk. The first step is to secure a bitcoin wallet, whether it is a physical hardware device or an online one. This serves as your de facto bitcoin bank account and us your first line of defence.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:23:16 PM

Hackers are actually everywhere. They study every single bit details before they hack something,they are actually full of knowledge and very cautious so that they can't be find after. But same as them,we can also be very careful so that they can't access our account. I recommend you to make a hard wallet then keep the given password to a safe place. You can also withdraw all the money you have.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

Cryptocurrencies are much safer than other online payment sites and services like online banking or paypal. To hack a particular platform or account hacker needs some sort of information if they don't have it they try to get the information through different means but as the cryptocurrencies network is decentralized and anonymous, hackers can't track the details of the user easily.
However vulnerable security measures taken by an individual user can lead him/her to this situation.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:22:42 PM

Hackers are very smart guys, and they earn much more money that even celebrities and cool businessmen. Here is the video that can prompt you how to protect your crypto from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFahfeUeqA
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:05:20 AM

It’s in your own hand that how do you take actions, how do you manage or manipulate your account. Hackers are very smart. Do not give them chances or any kind of possibility.  Due to your one mistake can take all the money away from your account to hackers account. Don’t store coins or token on exchange site. Always use offline wallet. Do not use someone else’s smart phone for login. Make sure always upgrade your antivirus. And most importantly don’t click on any unknown email. If you always take care of all this this thing’s then it must be safest platform.

kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:10:27 PM

Coins are as save AS real money everybody can still IT If the want
People can’t just steal your Bitcoin like that, especially when you’ve got 2 factor authentication. But I noticed that some wallet's 2fa doesn’t work properly, or maybe I misunderstood them. One of the most reliable online wallets I have ever seen is Coinbase, and reason is that it is hard for someone to log into your wallet, as long as they don’t have access to your email. I like the way it’s being set up, and I believe it is very safe to be used as an online wallet. It also has 2fa.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:59:49 AM

Yes there are a lots of hacker here in this world. Most of the time we really don't know when the hackers will attack. We should be aware and make it sure that our accounts are secured , I also used online wallets to make it secured and no one will allowed to hacked .
If someone wants to be safe from hackers while using cryptocurrency, then you shouldn’t give out your information anyhow and anywhere. There are some information that are needed by hackers to be able to access your account. So one has to be careful and also use any possible means to protect themselves, like activating 2 factor authentication.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:12:14 PM

People can’t just steal your Bitcoin like that, especially when you’ve got 2 factor authentication. But I noticed that some wallet's 2fa doesn’t work properly, or maybe I misunderstood them. One of the most reliable online wallets I have ever seen is Coinbase, and reason is that it is hard for someone to log into your wallet, as long as they don’t have access to your email. I like the way it’s being set up, and I believe it is very safe to be used as an online wallet. It also has 2fa.

this is a good way for us to activate 2fa and we need to activate on every exchange that we join so our account still safe although there is no 100% guarantee to get full safe, we can prevent from the attacker. I think if we can set up with properly, we can protect our account and don't forget to save the login account to the safest place that only us that will know.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:37:52 PM

Hi,

It is as safe (or unsafe, as you prefer) as any other website on which you may leave your personal data.

Actually, losing money because you were hacked must be quite frustrating. But it is not risky as identity stolen could be. And this can happen waaayyy more easily on "traditional" websites (think about your favorite social networks).

So I would not be especially worried. This is just part of the risks linked to hackers. Can affect anybody...

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:36:49 PM

this is a good way for us to activate 2fa and we need to activate on every exchange that we join so our account still safe although there is no 100% guarantee to get full safe, we can prevent from the attacker. I think if we can set up with properly, we can protect our account and don't forget to save the login account to the safest place that only us that will know.
To stay safe then do not put your bitcoins or any cryptocurrency in an exchange if you are aiming for a long term hold because that is not a good idea because you are just risking yourself to the hackers and the money that you have. Just put it on a safe wallet like desktop or better if you have hardware wallet to avoid being worried.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:37:09 PM

When you know how to logically keep your wallets safe, by for instance paraphrasing your wallet for personal encryption, your cryptos can be safed. Again, ensure the soft copies of your addresses and private keys are adequately secured. Never entrust your PCs with just anybody. Avoid the usage of free wifi of public places like Hotels and Garages unless for unsecured on line options. These ways can also be of help
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

in my experience the blockchain system is very secure, hard to hack, so our digital currency is securely stored while we can keep our own account autentication
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: