Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:32:59 PM

My recommendation is to stay away from different ICOs? Many of they is a simple scam. Crypto currency is safe as much as we safe about it. Here I mean holding money in checked and trustworthy wallets, like hardware wallet and do not participate in doubtful projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hygroscopicgymnasiumd

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:34:39 PM

No way they are safe. If you would invest in them then you will lose the whole of your investment by theft or hacking
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:50:50 PM

Hackers are present in all areas of life especially when there is money involved there will be hackers. This was the case before crypto currencies became mainstream. They have targeted banks, payment merchants, online accounts during the warez scene Grin. Whenever something has any value there will be people who will try to take it away from you and it will always be like that so its nothing new, enjoy the ride!
germeni

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

for sure is very easy to be hacked just they will atack big pockets...so if you have some bitcoins, relax Smiley))
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:02:27 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 02:11:11 PM by dynospytan

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
We are all now not safe from hackers, hackers are everywhere just waiting for us to make mistakes. So always be careful in everything you do, you didnt know it might scam. Always keep your private information don't expose it, like your private key and always make a strong password. If you have a big money or crypto just keep it in a safe and strong wallet. So, always be wise and always be aware in everything you do.because in every mistakes there's always a consequences.
ProtonBlast

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:02:33 PM

See, I think this is a huge problem from mass adoption of Crypto. If crypto caught on among st most of humanity, a good portion of them will not be computer savvy enough to even begin to consider certain security issues. Simply knowing how to use the internet, and upload images, or having a smart phone is enough. Some people consider simply having a smartphone to be the equivalent of being computer savvy.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:56:46 PM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

About the precautions . . 

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager. 
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link. 
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points. 
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

That's all I know and I follow. 

Agree with you taiwww.

It should not be a burden in your mind, I mean so that this is not to interfere with the activities that you do every day.
Although the use of bitcoin it's a very risky especially related to viruses and hackers, this does not apply to me, because "Dare to have, means you've got to have the courage to accept for the large loss that occurred.."
I think that's a common consequence that always happens in the internet world.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:46:30 PM

My recommendation is to stay away from different ICOs? Many of they is a simple scam. Crypto currency is safe as much as we safe about it. Here I mean holding money in checked and trustworthy wallets, like hardware wallet and do not participate in doubtful projects.
We can be safe even though we engage into scam ICOs. The only concerned with that is how we handled our private keys. Mostly people have been hacked just because they entered into pishing site when they check their wallet or makes some exchange of their tokens. That's why we always check the sites before doing anything if it is secured.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:58:48 PM

I want to believe that the higher the amount involved the more vulnerable to hacking the account is. As much as security levels are being increased, a registered Hacker should be gotten to have the sites or wallets security/hack proof. All can be made safe with leaving no stones unturned where ever necessary.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:15:55 PM

We can be safe even though we engage into scam ICOs. The only concerned with that is how we handled our private keys. Mostly people have been hacked just because they entered into pishing site when they check their wallet or makes some exchange of their tokens. That's why we always check the sites before doing anything if it is secured.
Most people have had their wallets hacked just because they were so gullible and naive. Almost everyone who invest in bitcoins should know about the various scams online and make sure they are protected fully but user people being victims of phishing and for that I blame them for being so gullible for that to happen to them. But I believe that there are hardware wallets that are very secure and help protects our money from hackers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:28:50 PM

It's about as safe as you want it to be.  With hardware wallets it's damn near impossible to get "hacked" as people call it.  Most people who get hacked just did something that made themselves vulnerable, like visiting random sites or clicking random phising links from emails.  If you don't do anything stupid, it's pretty damn locked down safe.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:40:21 AM

I think cryptocurrency still safe as long as we can secure our account from the hackers and we can do something to make our account is safe. the best thing that we can do is not giving the details of our account to other people and we need to save the private keys of our wallet and put it into one place that only we that will know. don't speak too much about we have much bitcoin but it will better if we can keep calm and never talk about our bitcoin. let us know how much exactly our bitcoin and don't let other people know.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:26:25 AM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager.
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link.
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points.
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

Yeah you are right...the online bitcoin wallets is have a chance for hackers
Bitcoin is impossible to steal... only require more effort of it.
In cyber security report cryptojacking remains in acute threat in 2018

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:59:32 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

We should be more cautious in browsing internet. Because the hackers these days may come from every side, they may come from suspicious website, a virus that comes from cracked software, hacked dns that is used by an exchange, and advertisement's site which come by accidentally click.
To avoid them we can start by doing install antivirus, adblock, metamask, and clear cookies if you done browsing.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:37:03 PM

Cryptocurrency is going popular and bring revolution in in financial activities otherside the biggest threat for cryptocurrency is Hacking,Hackers exchange to hack crypto exchanges. Exchanges spend massive amount for safety tools to provide safety to the customers.As and individual safe your funds carefully and never share your private keys to any one and try to use hardware wallets.
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:45:17 PM

Sometimes hackers are just too intelligent to hack past through these cryptocurrency but I think it will just be affecting the value not your bitcoin amount will decrease. The problem is the hackers in your online wallets. They can trace and they can hack your account for the possible loss of all that you have and that of what you have gained so remember to always split those to different wallets so that you may avoid these scenarios.
kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:55:25 PM

I totally agree with your opinion. this can also be a lesson for me and others. and increase knowledge about securing crypto. and then I will take precautions as you do. to avoid everything I do not want. with the news as above, be careful in all the actions we must do, so that the crypto currency that we have always safe.

Kola

Activity: 215
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:04:43 PM

financial literacy, digital safety, the main things that modern people have to learn and study, i think it should added in scool programs, because now in the modern world it is a necessarily to know to work and do alot of things
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:37:53 PM
Merited by Buttercup123 (3), Pasaway2701 (1)

It is the wallet online that you need to look out because they're after this. That's why the internet and these technologies are so dark in terms of definition because it is very dangerous place and many intellectual about computers use their knowledge to steal from others and this needs to be stopped so that the government can reconsider bitcoin as a safe cryptocurrency and investment that you can invest into.
Online wallets are the main target of hackers especially those who contain big amount of money. Online storing or offline (through selling into fiat and using banks), we could do both just to make sure that there will be left for us if things go rough online. We all yearn to have safer crypto environment but things couldn't really go privately and secretly online as how we think it is. Hackers could find ways and will surely find a way just to steal.

With this though, I was wondering if the sites/platforms that we use for online storage is somehow thinking of increasing their security for the welfare, especially financial, of their users.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:26:45 AM

Its true hackers is everywhere waiting an opportunity to attack the target, all you have to do is make extra careful when doing transaction and become vigilant, By doing this Cryptocurrency become safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: