Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
Kittygalore

Activity: 882
Merit: 63

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:37:39 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
It is the wallet online that you need to look out because they're after this. That's why the internet and these technologies are so dark in terms of definition because it is very dangerous place and many intellectual about computers use their knowledge to steal from others and this needs to be stopped so that the government can reconsider bitcoin as a safe cryptocurrency and investment that you can invest into.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

It's true, fraudsters at every step, and we need to be careful, because we can not get anything back in case of hacking a purse, etc. We need to take every precaution.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
frankybutterin

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:27:23 PM

I think until whenever hackers must always exist. they took advantage of the coin owners. all the security in my opinion depends on the owner of each coin. then always be careful in every transaction. we must store the safest place for all privacy. for example the private key of the wallet is not to be known by others, and I suggest storing it in the offline password manager.

Naman1111

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:27:34 PM

Custody still remains one of the challenging problems in crypto. There is always a risk of getting hacked by the hackers and for common people its a pain. In general no one is really safe. People need to be very careful before trading the crypto. There need to a good solution which protects everyone from the likehood of hacks. to avoid hackers from securing your coins in a difficult wallet, or simply not opening sites or links sent to you because some of them can be used by hackers to get your personal information.

allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:32:02 PM

Custody still remains one of the challenging problems in crypto. There is always a risk of getting hacked by the hackers and for common people its a pain. In general no one is really safe. People need to be very careful before trading the crypto. There need to a good solution which protects everyone from the likehood of hacks. to avoid hackers from securing your coins in a difficult wallet, or simply not opening sites or links sent to you because some of them can be used by hackers to get your personal information.

for today High technologies are so developed that for a hacker there is nothing impossible. But in order to at least slightly protect your personal data and your personal funds, you need to use for the business individual equipment that you do not use to exit the global network for surfing or for other activities. How will you protect your computer from the impact of malware and viruses, as well as the leakage of information from your computer.
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Hackers can be everywhere. Sometimes hackers are very close to us but we do not know. To protect my crypto property, I think we need to secretly store the coins in a hard wallet or a high security purse.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:09:13 PM

It is possible to crack anything, a question only in profitability of an action and chances to be caught.
leavefifa

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:53:28 PM

With what exists in our computer system, it is hard to be safe in the face of hacker attacks. However, we can try to protect our information by updating constantly and regularly the software protection. Always be aware of links, software unknown sources. Even sometimes, manual actions are needed to protect your e-accounts.
Again, nothing is safe from hacker attacks.
Denifriska

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:02:52 PM

If bitcoin becomes the main economy for us I think it will definitely have a good and bad impact I think. Good impacts may be one of them is the ease of transacting, and the bad impacts may cause a lot of security problems as many hackers try to take our digital money.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:43:06 PM

With hackers everywhere, no system is really safe but as far as cryptographic stuff is concerned especially in the blockchain, i don't think it's an easy task for hackers to just hack the entire blockchain because that only means that one should hack all the nodes involved in the blockchain for these nodes to confirm a single transaction.

But if you are referring for your wallet to be hacked, then you yourself must be vigilant at all times as much as possible.

Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:15:01 PM

It is the wallet online that you need to look out because they're after this. That's why the internet and these technologies are so dark in terms of definition because it is very dangerous place and many intellectual about computers use their knowledge to steal from others and this needs to be stopped so that the government can reconsider bitcoin as a safe cryptocurrency and investment that you can invest into.
Online wallets are the main target of hackers especially those who contain big amount of money. Online storing or offline (through selling into fiat and using banks), we could do both just to make sure that there will be left for us if things go rough online. We all yearn to have safer crypto environment but things couldn't really go privately and secretly online as how we think it is. Hackers could find ways and will surely find a way just to steal.

With this though, I was wondering if the sites/platforms that we use for online storage is somehow thinking of increasing their security for the welfare, especially financial, of their users.
Although being anonymous is one of the benefits that cryptos could give us,  we shouldn't be that complacent.  I have joined so many airdrops before and there had been problems with exchanges. My previous wallets had been hacked and I don't know which specifically the reason is,  I have a hunch that one of these two is the reason. I know that it could also be my error but I make sure that I am the only one who knows my keys. 

Crypto life is stressful sometimes but I won't stop just because of this incident.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:30:18 PM

Cryptocurrency is pretty damn safe.  The only way you can really get "hacked" is through your own mistakes or stupidity.  If you have a hardware wallet, i'd say it's damn near impossible to get anywhere near whatever is stored on it.  You can say the same about central banks, since people get scammed and phished all the time. 
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:39:51 AM

I think until whenever hackers must always exist. they took advantage of the coin owners. all the security in my opinion depends on the owner of each coin. then always be careful in every transaction. we must store the safest place for all privacy. for example the private key of the wallet is not to be known by others, and I suggest storing it in the offline password manager.
Yeah until whenever hackers will continue to exist because they do not need the money but because they want to do that, their passion is stealing so hackers will continue to exist, you right you have to do is keep cautious, keep your private key safely , add additional security like google auth or sms verify in your wallet to make it more secure
arcanayou

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:32:46 AM

there are some unpleasant events related to cryptocurrency, such as the theft of bitcoin in one of the exchangers by hackers, but not the insignificant bitcoin means, errors in the exchanger system is what makes some cases of bitcoin theft and also because of user errors we should be wary of, for example, we always using the same email and password every time we register a bitcoin account, it is a fatal error, we should also change the password every month, it is quite a hassle to do that but it is very important to do. according to my knowledge, the cryptocurrency blockchain system is the best one compared to other cyber security systems.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:49:50 AM

Yeah every where there hacker even in a online games they are lot of them especially on dota 2. The only way to avoid them is be careful filling up any form or website link. Dont go to the malicious or suspecious website. And never share private key
malbano2099

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:30:17 AM

you just better secure your securities or keys, don't give it to anyone (except, your most trusted person). don't open different websites, research about it first before opening because no one knows whether its legit or not.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:25:22 AM

With hackers everywhere, no system is really safe but as far as cryptographic stuff is concerned especially in the blockchain, i don't think it's an easy task for hackers to just hack the entire blockchain because that only means that one should hack all the nodes involved in the blockchain for these nodes to confirm a single transaction.

But if you are referring for your wallet to be hacked, then you yourself must be vigilant at all times as much as possible.

Certainly it is possible and has even happened multiple times in the past.

But we should not forget that exchanges also hire security researchers (or ethical hackers) who protect from these hackers. In the end it comes down to who is better hacking skills in between these two parties.
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:33:06 AM

The best thing we can do is always enable 2fa, do not used our devises in a public places, do not click any suspicious link because there are so many hackers use this kind of tricks, Do not trust anyone to know your private key or password.
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:43:49 AM

People in the cryptoworld are all saying that the cryptomarket isn’t really safe at all, and you need to take lots of precautions when it comes to transactions and keeping your coins safe. That is why there are lots of safety measures that the cryptocommunity is suggesting, and one of these is having a cold storage or cold wallet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:57:32 AM

The best thing we can do is always enable 2fa, do not used our devises in a public places, do not click any suspicious link because there are so many hackers use this kind of tricks, Do not trust anyone to know your private key or password.
and one more thing, thorough your web address before entering your user name and password. many bitcoiner cases go wrong web link, because it looks similar, so difficult to distinguish if we are not careful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: