Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
hibiscus

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:52:07 PM

Hackers and cyber theft are the rising threat for the users of Bitcoin we have to take suitable precautions for this . By hearing all stuffs like hackers and cyber attacks we think that it will be difficult to solve these attacks normally Bitcoin can be kept in secure Bitcoin wallets either physical hardware device or online .Hardware wallet acts as a physical store for your tokens . Hardware wallet has a private key and a public key both the keys are essential for the transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:37:13 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Everything here in crypto is at risk since hackers are just around and they're always find way to fool people and to steel their earnings. To get rid of them , we must be sure that we are keeping our private keys secure and that we always log it out safely and secured.
NotAtOld

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:08:45 PM

financial literacy, digital safety, the main things that modern people have to learn and study, i think it should added in scool programs, because now in the modern world it is a necessarily to know to work and do alot of things
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:17:25 PM

Crypto Do not have a hundred percent where because of that many countries that forbid crypto because no one to bear and that guarantee if one day the assets that we have stolen or hacked with others.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:24:11 PM

it's true that everyone have to use security measures in order not to lose their cryptocurrency. but it applies and for fiat money. for example, it you leave the door of your home opened someone can steal your money or goods.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Lauff

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:50:23 PM

we must keep the safest place for all privacy. for example the private key of the wallet is unknown to others, and I recommend saving it in the offline password manager. Because I think any hacker will always be there. they take advantage of coin owners. all the security in my opinion depends on the owner of each coin. then always be careful in every transaction
bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:45:55 PM

to take the question a step further, how safe would the bitcoin blockchain be when the all coins have the mined and mining is no longer profitable?
gussupri

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

it's true that everyone have to use security measures in order not to lose their cryptocurrency. but it applies and for fiat money. for example, it you leave the door of your home opened someone can steal your money or goods.
our wallet security come from our self.if we dont becarefull about anything around us, we could suffered from hacker attack.such as open unknown email source.
LETme

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:29:23 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
We need to enable 2fa or google authenticator, we need to avoid clicking suspicious link because it is possible that is a phishing site, Avoid connecting our devices in a public places because there are many hackers out there and don't trust anyone to know you password, pin and private key.
Arkyo

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

First of all, you need to hold the cryptocurrency exclusively on the hardware wallet. I prefer firmware wallet Ledger. In the Ledger Blue version, up to 10 coins can be wounded at the same time.

In Crypto We Trust
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

First of all, you need to hold the cryptocurrency exclusively on the hardware wallet. I prefer firmware wallet Ledger. In the Ledger Blue version, up to 10 coins can be wounded at the same time.
The safenest depends on ways we will use it having trezor or ledger can definitely help. And in terms of exchanges and visiting sites just avoid to be phished and always find time to learn to study the every crypto. It's good to know more and be guided.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:59:33 PM

Cryptocurrency in this prior matter is pretty much secured but what is in danger is your wallet mainly. Investors lose their coins by the hackers due to small information and they can even if they have a little bit of it. So you have to secure your wallet 100% in order to be safe in this crypto investment or atleast come up with something to lessen the loss if you might get hacked, like multiple wallets then securing them is one strategy.

cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:58:44 PM

In my ether wallet I use not a metamask mode to dodge those hackers cause ive been hacked before I dont want to hack my account again so I read more on internet on how I can prevent my account from being hacked. Many of ours thinks that hacking is a very easy way to have a money you dont know that you are risking your life too
@baracitamon

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:01:24 PM

Yes. And limiting Click on unknown links, which is the root of the hacker virus into our computer to take over the wallet, I think we should secure the account with the support application as 2FA, Metamask, etc. They help our account more secure.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:19:51 PM

We are never safe, and we will never be safe. Even in real life, or should I in person we can never assure the safety of our money in our banks despite the fact that is it already inside the banks. Even when we are outside our houses, we are prone to those snatcher or anything that steals from us. Everything is a risks. So far, the best thing we could do is to really be careful and try to invest on anti hacker systems.

boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:20:09 AM

Yes indeed there are a lot of hacker or we can say that there are everywhere now. Hacking for some people are just a habit, their curiosity makes them to go beyond the limit for them to know that really is in there. But for some it is their job to hack others so they can have the benefits they want to get. So for me for us to safeguard our crypto currency to them, I guess we need to trust no one especially in the web. The basic rule in here is that we must not in trust with them specially our basic information like full name, birth day, birth place, mother’s maiden name, fathers full name and most importantly our usual password.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:23:35 AM

The safetiness of your account or your coins will be always depending to the wallet or exchanger you are placing your coins so always choose a holder depending on the majority of users who are using the current wallet or exchanger you are interested.

Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:02:33 AM

Protect your mobile phone and your cable, and don't click on a strange Internet connection! Pay attention to update antivirus software!

Enhance password security!

Don't reveal your wallet address and wallet assets at will!
It vies from technology to technology. If we talk about ETH and Bitcoin, both of them are secure and I have not heard in a while from anyone about the security issue of the money they have invested in the business. All the technologies should really keep it their first priority to make sure the system is running secure and to assure people that the technology is safe to invest in. Yes the presence of hackers is alarming but that does not affect the Bitcoin technology and few other.
Yeah you mentioned good steps to protect ourselves from hackers. I think that cryptocurrency is also not safe and may people claim that their wallets has been hacked although the security is very tight but still hackers reach to wallets and hack them. Management and controllers should strengthen more the security system of wallets and give unbreakable protection to their users.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:35:56 PM

Hacking the stock exchange and the ICO cannot be prevented. It will always be. Hackers are monitoring the entire network. It seems to me that over time the exchange will come up with a mechanism to delay the application for withdrawal of funds in order to be able to verify the authenticity of the request for withdrawal of the coins. The withdrawal of Fiat in my exchange occurs within 3 days. I think all this time, you can stop the payment if it were made by hackers. For me this delay will not be a tragedy.

We don't know what will be the future to these. But I do hope that cryptocurrencies are safe.
Hackers are everywhere but scammers are wiser. They're also everywhere, ready to deceive you.
We are now the part of Bitcoin and other crypto coins if anyone here is, as we know that the crypto market has survived a lot besides all these risks and now it is absolute by its security as there is no case recorded in the current time because Bitcoin mining is absolute now and not a single hacker can access to even a single coin. Cryptocurrencies are safe if you are careful and not opening your secret passwords of your wallet and doing the process in the light of market rules.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:22:28 PM

The safenest depends on ways we will use it having trezor or ledger can definitely help. And in terms of exchanges and visiting sites just avoid to be phished and always find time to learn to study the every crypto. It's good to know more and be guided.
We need to use good and safe wallets trezor is good to use but sometime it does  not appear to be safe the most, I think bitcoin  is safe using bitcoin wallets like blockchain which has private key and password not good to share with anyone, hackers are around us who are in search of chance to scam with us don’t open all kind of links to, people hacks by making some fake sites and names is as PROFIT MAKING s those are scammers they just attract people by such captions so don’t open unknown links.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: