Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
QuadeBarrier

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:52:28 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 04:08:40 AM by QuadeBarrier

Hackers are an issues and a negative for crypto, and for that people should keep their money off exchanges. The potential issue that I might see with people new to cryptos is that they might find it more convenient to leave their coins on exchanges, rather than downloading and installing a wallet and the block chain, thinking that it's not going to happen to them.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghiehhhh101

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:02:14 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Well in our country too i have watched the news telling that there are a lot of scammers from other country and i was shocked because it mentioned bitcoin and they said it is scam. My friends are telling me to stop dealing with bitcoin but then i said its different from the way i earn bitcoin. Lets be wise and choose the safe way.
KenMasters

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:11:22 PM

Hackers are an issues and a negative for crypto, and for that people should keep their money off their exchange. The potential issue that I might see with people new cryptos is that they might find it more convenient to leave their coins on exchanges, rather downloading and installing a wallet, block chain etc. Thinking it's not going to happen to them.

On top of that, if they are the type that will find it inconvinient, then they're probably the type who don't do things like backing up their files, and things that computer savvy people do.
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

For me there are no safe in internet related. Because modern hacker is unstoppable even a government site that has state of art technology they can still hack. The best way to avoid on  them is be careful with your information. Dont go to malicious site. That way it will less risk
Yes there is no safe place here in internet anytime it can be hacked but we can avoid them just by studying for what we are going to do or to click a site because become aware helps you to prevent those hacked and gives you an idea to make a better strategy in security on which they didn't hacked you. Also put your important information in a safe place on where you only know it and you have an only access to it. Cryptocurrency is safe if you have been properly store your information and also your private key so that they doesn't have a chance to hacked it and avoid those malicious website on which they possibly got information to you.

Btcschool

Activity: 488
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:20:35 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Sometimes I wonder why many people complaining of being victims of hackers online and looking for who to blame 😑. Ever since I have been making use of internet I have never been a victim of such before. I have been making use of Bitcoin more than four years now and never experienced anything like that before. I think it has to do with your level of carefulness. If you’re very careful and keeping everything about yourself private, then you won’t fall victim.

btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

I think cryptocurrency still safe as long as we can secure our account from the hackers and we can do something to make our account is safe. the best thing that we can do is not giving the details of our account to other people and we need to save the private keys of our wallet and put it into one place that only we that will know. don't speak too much about we have much bitcoin but it will better if we can keep calm and never talk about our bitcoin. let us know how much exactly our bitcoin and don't let other people know.

Cryptocurrency is actually safe. Just make sure that you keep your private keys private and do not store it or saved it in your public file or sent it through social media accounts because it is prone ti hackers and scammers. Make sure also that we you do trading, you trade to reliable sites in order to avoid scammers.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:25:42 PM

When we say online business, then we should consider the hackers to integrate in it. So for my own opinion, there is no other way to avoid being hacked than being vigilant and carefull on our accounts especially our private keys to minimize the risk of being hacked.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:26:33 PM

In my own personal opinion, cryptocurrency such as bitcoin and altcoins is safe from hackers as long you keep your private keys to yourself and not giving or revealing it to untrusted people, and also avoid visiting on phishing websites for you not to be hacked.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:50:21 PM

In my own personal opinion, cryptocurrency such as bitcoin and altcoins is safe from hackers as long you keep your private keys to yourself and not giving or revealing it to untrusted people, and also avoid visiting on phishing websites for you not to be hacked.
Crypto currency is fully intensified their security measures  of course to protect their patrons, but hacker's  is also doing  to improve their success rate that's why if possible you should also be update your security features. Don't  lower your guard you should level up.

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:31:56 PM

I think cryptocurrencies are really safe to store in your wallets as long you protect them and hidden them from hackers or untrusted people. There are a lot of great hackers but i think as long you avoid them from knowing your information you will not get hacked by them.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:00:42 AM

Sometimes I wonder why many people complaining of being victims of hackers online and looking for who to blame 😑. Ever since I have been making use of internet I have never been a victim of such before. I have been making use of Bitcoin more than four years now and never experienced anything like that before. I think it has to do with your level of carefulness. If you’re very careful and keeping everything about yourself private, then you won’t fall victim.

Correct! That's the basis to help protect yourself against unwanted hacks or theft from your hard-earned cryptocurrency. If you never disclose information about yourself, and the number of coins you're holding, then you'll be perfectly safe. Add to this, using a hardware wallet will greatly strengthen your security, giving you peace of mind in your cryptocurrency holdings.

I always try to stay away from online wallets as much as possible, to prevent hackers from stealing my funds. Also, I never leave my coins on an exchange, especially if it's a centralized one where the hacker could easily steal your cryptocurrencies. If you're using an exchange, I'd suggest trying decentralized ones for better security and protection of your funds. And, if you're planning to secure your coins for a very long time, you can use a cold storage wallet that has offline-generated key pairs. This way, no one, except yourself would have access to your private key, giving a greater level of security over your cryptocurrency funds.

Therefore, I believe that most people have been hacked, simply because they're not carefully following necessary measures to protect their cryptocurrency funds. If they do the suggested methods above, then a hacker's life would become practically impossible since keys would be stored locally with you always. Smiley

twinkle35

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:26:23 AM

Its usually advised that bitcoins or any other crypto coins should never be stored in  any of the exchanges as it has higher chances of getting hacked.We earlier saw the collapse of Mt.Gox exchange which was followed by the hacking of some other exchanges.Also,we should never reveal our private keys anywhere.Also,we should not store our private keys in clipboards in our desktops as clipboard hackers could easily hack them.

Yes it is true that some hackers are everywhere. We must better to keep our private key in a safe place avoid letting others about that important things so that we cannot encountered hacker.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 03:23:10 AM

Yes your right im curious how crypto currency  level of security. But i guess it safe with care, there is a security apps like google authenticator and use metamask to block phising site. Dont store big amount of coins in a singke wallet more safe to creat a new then never use in in transaction. So can be your cold wallet. Then your main use in airdrop, bounties, trading and etc. After you got profit transfer to new wallet. Thats how i manage and care my money

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
logan16j

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:55:13 AM

Yes we have hackers all around buy the truth is that people will need to be educated on the safety precautions of their wallets and they will be fine.Hackers can only take advantage of those who are innocent about their activities. People really need a lot of education about cryptocurrency in general because the fear of hackers are all the reasons some people fear to invest.
I think that being hacked does not fall on the cryptocurrencies care, it falls within the care of the owner or the holder of the coin. Just like bitcoin for example, it has lasted for over years and nothing happened to it, except for it's value being low. It’s in your own hand that how do you take actions, how do you manage or manipulate your account. Hackers are very smart. Do not give them chances or any kind of possibility
parthgajjar

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:56:34 AM

For one thing, you should really take care of your password and keys to open an account. Let's also not be dumb enough to do monetary transactions in a public network. Lastly, do yourself a favor and change passwords often. These simple things are usually common sense but here you go.
I mostly doubt on antivirus software and unknown emails. These are from hackers and when you click on them your computer date has been hacked and hackers can use your data according to their well. It is secure not to open any unknown emails and never install not recommended antivirus in your computer. Never reveal your address.
Right, to stay safe then do not put your bitcoins or any cryptocurrency in an exchange if you are aiming for a long term hold because that is not a good idea because you are just risking yourself to the hackers and the money that you have. We are all now not safe from hackers, hackers are everywhere just waiting for us to make mistakes. So always be careful in everything you do, you didnt know it might scam
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:57:46 AM

I dont know about any hacker strikes taking place recently. And the japan issue was old. So i think there is not much threat
Nope, everything related to the internet can be hacked, and this is one of the weaknesses of crypto. So users should be more vigilant and careful in managing it. But there are ways to reduce or avoid this risk of hacking. Like using a wallet that has a good quality of protection or use more than one wallet. Hackers are everywhere, but they have limits, hackers may be everywhere but there are lots of things you can do to avoid being a victim of hacking
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:05:04 AM

The only safe about crytocurrency is the blockchain technology and anything about data storage is on our hands. Its just like keeping our information safe from others. There are ways to protect your data including your password from being hacked and one of those is using a metamask on website you visit. It make sure that the website you are about to put your password is the real site you want to log in. Many dns attacks that occured in yhe last few years an example of this is what happenned etherdelta last year which makes them down until now.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:36:15 AM

You are safe when you are not ignorance in this field. We all knew that scammer is in everywhere so be wise and think critically in every thing you will do.

CleverOracle

Activity: 549

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:47:32 AM

Cryptocurrency is vulnerable to hackers and they always find different ways to get a hold of your funds so we should learn from others mistake and do what we can to increase the security of our private keys, I suggest that we explore this forum because there are lot of advise from the expert on how we can secure our funds.

SingAlong

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:52:22 AM

Honestly speaking, cryptocurrency are too risky aside crom having price volatility there is hackers and scammers everywhere trying to steal and bring down your account or wallet. But your safety are in your hands it will depend on your actions. You must have enough knowledge to know about everything especially those safety precautions to avoid being fooled and hacked by anyone. You shouldthink before you act because your wrong actions will lead you to danger.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: