Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

hackers are a big threat to an industry which is inevitable we should be safeguarded every time with step 2 verification and google authenticator so that the accounts wont get hacked
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:51:44 PM

You can still get hacked with traditional banking. Identity fraud is pretty common these days, from card skimming to malware, everyone's getting creative with ways to steal money. Thing is, just don't store all your coins in an exchange - they are NOT banks, they're not even required to give you back your money in case of a hacking incident.

Other than that, be prudent with your information. Keep your passwords secure, keep your keys in proper storage, avoid phishing sites, install a good antivirus. Standard computer security.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

Cryptocurrency is not so safe but hackers are everywhere. If you want really is safe, you don't tell to anyone about your accounts and make it private that you can only knows, make it secret that no one knows. Being careful is the best so that to avoid hack. So you should more intelligent or wise than them, so that hackers have no chance to hack.
Crypto currency is an internet based system that are prone to be compromise the safety of our asset if we are not responsible enough to handle it. Hackers can steal it mostly if we will be a victim of phishing site, so let us be careful not to give information on any fake site, another thing is that securing all our keys in an offline storage can help minimize that situation.

coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Everywhere is not safe even outside of crypto hackers is steal money to some companies, it means cryptocurrencies or not are still not safe even we avoid them hackers will do anything for the sake of money.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
bowals

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:13:43 AM

isnt safe at all, infact hard wallet is the way to go now
Frob1992

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:58:47 AM

it is absolutely safe within the block chain however in our hand we can not say it's far secure because every now and then we placed it in a incorrect vicinity that could lead to the scammers. So we better put it in a good vicinity just like the notes or flash power to prevent of having scammed. So we need to hold our pockets in a private relaxed location to keep away from that element.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 01:49:59 AM

avoid your private key from internet connection
let your wallet like a cold wallet, where no one can access your private key over the internet connection
do not ever copy and paste private key to any website, because it is busy phishing case
Jedabucol

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:56:33 AM

If you want to be safe in cryptocurrency, just make sure that you're the only one handling it and survising it. You can stop the payment if it were made by hackers.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:06:34 AM

Yes hacker is everywhere , but its up to you whether you want to be safe . Like the others said many hackers using web link that a little same with your wallet link . Be careful in the apps that you download check if this is safe or a script that can hack your saved password in you computer. Your email is very important and use a unique password in every signup in every ico , Remember there are many ico`s are fake and only get the information to us. So becareful guys and think twice before you signup or click the link. That's only my advice .

Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:22:29 AM

Cryptocurrency is not so safe but hackers are everywhere. If you want really is safe, you don't tell to anyone about your accounts and make it private that you can only knows, make it secret that no one knows. Being careful is the best so that to avoid hack. So you should more intelligent or wise than them, so that hackers have no chance to hack.
we've do that.no one know about our account.but hacker could steal our account data by penetrate our computer.they have various methode to do this.not opening link that not trusted could be one of solution to make our account safe.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Hackers are one of the reasons why some people are still afraid to make investment with bitcoins. You can only ensure that your investment is safe if you have enough knowledge.

cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:08:35 AM

Well I do believe that in part of investment, there's a risk. So It's good to accept the fact that there's also a bad habit sometime that manipulating the system.
Hackers can hack who's new or who have no enough knowledge about Bitcoin or newbies I should say. Well yes,newbie private key because they are controling them without any knowledge, just to be sure keep it in your hard wallets or Private keys so they can't hack that..
Gyugita

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:01:31 AM

To secure our assets of course we have to keep our wallet like avoiding phishing then do not access the site strange.
After that always update anti virus to prevent computer from dangerous virus .
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:07:41 AM

I think we should not worry but always carefull when we receiving suspicious link on our email. As long we keep our private key safe, I am believe our wallet safe and hacker can not steal our crypto
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:22:22 AM

You can keep your own assets, with some security that already exists I'm sure someone who has a crypto asset will be spared from hackers. That's right if the hacked is an exchange that will be difficult to set up, should the exchange developers have to be smarter than a hacker. They must find a system that can not be hacked by anyone. But this is not the expected end, the developers of an exchange will find a solution to this incident, and will make an excahange always safe.
AnalynCadiz

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:34:56 AM

Hackers are absolutely everywhere so we should be careful enough to make our assets safe and secure. Best thing you could do to avoid being hacked is to store your private keys to an offline storage that you are the only one who knew it. Always check sites before clicking to avoid phishing and enable 2fa if possible.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:44:13 AM

If you will use a secured hardware ledger, you can sleep worry free against hackers. Keep in mind, hackers need pieces of information before they can access your wallet, if one of those is missing then you are not that vulnerable. Hardware ledgers serves as your "username" which can never be hacked. ha ha!
microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:03:18 AM

Our best thing to do to our private owned is to always check everyday and not to trust immediately to suspicious person and don't accept immediately an email that suddenly pop-up from anywhere your gadget or computer. because IT expert is the one who create a good modernization program like bitcoin so they will also the one who responsible of hacking right? so we just to be careful we have nothing to do about hacker because sometimes they experiment how to hacked the program for their expertise being as a fresh graduate not all but that's reality.   
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

Cryptocurrency will be safe depending on what exchanger it was been placed on, if the market has a very good security then there is no way for the hackers to steal your coins.

win365

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:33:25 AM

As far as I know right now cryptocurrencies one of the most secured sphere of digital money.  Also it is the people who are getting trapped in the scam and fishing schemes. Partly it is their fault.

❍  buglab ❍     ▬▬[  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ]▬▬ ❍  buglab ❍
████   Cybersecurity Penetration Testing    ████   
▄▄▄  on the Ethereum Blockchain   ▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: