Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
AllCryptoplus

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:58:20 PM

Something should please be done to stop the activities of this hackers. It is not good for crypto.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:13:20 PM

For hackers, any new appearance that can attract their attention will be the most urgent topic for hacking.
ZeroBTC1

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

Everyone should just try and protect their wallets as much as possible.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:54:37 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Wow. $400 million ? I wish I have at least 1/4 of it but no. It is a really big money and the hackers are probably very happy. They can already stop hacking and start a new happy life with some legal business or what.
Nothing is safe in online. Hackers are everywhere. In order to avoid them, I am very careful in opening my wallet, in giving my address (I make sure that it is not my private key), I only check my coins in etherscan.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

Yes, this is unpleasant news but I hope that over time there will be no vulnerability.New startups that are now coming out give hope for this.Interacting with the blockchain, artificial intelligence will achieve this goal
brolekset

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:00:28 PM

.It is dangerous to follow all precautionary measures of the blocking system - a kind of bank safe in which tokens and a register with records of transactions are stored. Block-book is a series of records (blocks) containing data and links with which each block is attached to the previous one. In the case of a block, a kind of bank safe that stores tokens and a register with transaction records. Block is a series of records (blocks) containing data and links, with which each block is attached to the previous one.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:04:36 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Aside from keeping your private keys in a place where you are the only who knows where it is and secured, I think this question doesn't make any sense, i mean they are hackers, you don't when they are going to attack and no matter how strong is your security they are going to find that one weakness that your program has and that's it, the next thing you knew you was hacked by someone.

No one wants his cryptocurrencies to be hacked by those hackers out there, and hackers won't even announce that they are going to hack you, that is weird. So, there is no such thing as "secured" but there is a thing called "precautions".

ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:48:25 PM

It is very true that there are so many great hackers everywhere that's why we should make sure that we are using a very secured wallet like using myetherwallet or maybe blockhain because when we used a secured wallet for sure the hackers can not hack it.
and also dont click unknown link, it can be very dangerous if this is one of their methode to attack our wallet.the security is depend on our self.

We are the future makers for us, we are the money earner and not money losers so if we will not give anyone a chance to take our money and gives us lose no one can do this, crypto currency is safe if you are careful because it has a lot of wallets which keep it safe and it never lose, we are here so we just need to be a bit careful not to trust everyone website do research and make good, and safe decisions so you will not lose anything.
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:35:37 PM

People make security system and 'crackers' eventually find the way to crack it. It's always like that in all areas, never-ending story, going on loop.
On personal level maybe we could protect our device by installing security system and keep it clean as much as it can be using it for nothing else but for that purpose. Maybe separate PC, just for wallet and so. I know that by clicking on something online that can looks harmless you could let some Trojan virus in to your comp and they are in(hackers). Will they be able to make damage, I don't know and I wouldn't like to find out.
kniheant

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:34:23 AM

i think We need to use good and safe wallets trezor is good to use but sometime it does  not appear to be safe the most, I think bitcoin  is safe using bitcoin wallets like blockchain which has private key and password not good to share with anyone, hackers are around us who are in search of chance to scam with us don’t open all kind of links to, people hacks by making some fake sites and names is as PROFIT MAKING s those are scammers they just attract people by such captions so don’t open unknown links,yes till now i never catch out hacked!
tommisetiyawan

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:15:59 AM

I do not think anyone's really safe. We now speak the internet here in general. Regardless of the site where you stay, always have the risk of being hacked. Hackers do not sleep for daisies. They will always exploit the script of the site and will take whatever is in it, to avoid hackers from securing your coins in a difficult wallet, or simply not opening sites or links sent to you because some of them can be used by hackers to get your personal information.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:38:47 AM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

About the precautions . .

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager.
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link.
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points.
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

That's all I know and I follow.
Hackers are always searching or making new ways just to hack. It will be much better if we are browsing the net anonymously to avoid being tracked by hackers.  Avoid also clicking PHISHING SITES because when you put your credentials it will easily be hacked.  This thread will become useful when it comes to avoid scam/hacking cryptocurrency. Link here.
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:47:21 AM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

About the precautions . .

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager.
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link.
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points.
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

That's all I know and I follow.
Hackers are always searching or making new ways just to hack. It will be much better if we are browsing the net anonymously to avoid being tracked by hackers.  Avoid also clicking PHISHING SITES because when you put your credentials it will easily be hacked.  This thread will become useful when it comes to avoid scam/hacking cryptocurrency. Link here.
hackers in my opinion he's a smart person he always uses new things to hack our account. we must always open an account and change a password that is a little complicated.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:50:09 AM

You should not go on unfamiliar links, including in the sent letters. You should get a hardware purse.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
nauredok

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:10:07 PM

I think it's safe. Because it's hard to steal crypto currency. In other words, to steal tokens or modify a distributed registry in a different way, cybercriminals will have to infect hundreds of thousands of computers on the network at the same time. Decentralization and encryption of the blockade protect the crypto currency from hacking.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

You should not go on unfamiliar links, including in the sent letters. You should get a hardware purse.

It's still relatively safer from hackers than fiat though. With your own safe keys and phrase and a super random address, it would take hackers a lot of time and effort to even have a chance at cracking your wallet, if they even get through the randomness of your address. Your own carelessness would be what will compromise your funds.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:43:27 PM

a solution that i want to share is try the cold wallet, a cold wallet is an offline storage device that can only be accessed physically. a hot wallet, on the other hand, is stored online and can be accessed through the internet. The advantage of a cold wallet over a hot wallet is that the latter is not accessible online and is therefore not prone to hacking.
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:18:57 PM

The safety of your crypto depends on your decisions most of the time. It will depend if you chose the best wallet or storage for you crypto and if not, you will be hacked and stolen easily by hackers. Don't give up your trust to anyone easily to avoid frauds and hackers while you are working on something here. Always be smart and wise with all of your decisions to avoid the risk of getting hacked.

vachellie

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:50:49 PM

I think your question is same like this " With robber everywhere, how safe is fiat currency ?"
As long as hacker still exist, i think it will be hard to prevent it, but you can use hardware wallet to reduce getting hacked because they hacking through internet. So, as long as you are not connected to internet, i think they will getting hard time to hack you.
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:42:17 PM

The main reason for the hacking is the insufficient attention of the organizers of the ICO and phishing attacks, from which in most cases no antivirus or other protection systems will help.

• Don't hurry! Always carefully approach the issue of choice, ICO project, a stock exchange or exchange office, a news resource, etc. This will allow you to get away from trivial schemes with phishing sites.
  • Use proven security systems: antivirus, personal firewall, quality VPN. Do not forget that under the guise of a free antivirus malware may be hiding. Check the developer, it will not be superfluous.
  • If you have significant amounts, do not keep everything in one place. Use cold hardware wallets. Do not connect or work on unfamiliar computers where malware can be installed.
  • Be in the subject of events. When using any software that has access to your crypto assets, keep an eye out for product updates and developer recommendations.

If you don't rush in matters of storing, transferring crypto and well studying new ICO projects, there will never be any problems with hackers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: