Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:53:56 PM

If you know what you are doing, you know basic of crypto, you know how to secure your wallet and what is forbidden to do I could say that it is safe then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:50:39 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

The reason why there are famous market is because of their good security system and that is the reason you need to do a lot of research before choosing where you are going to invest.

Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

The bitcoins is not as safe as bank that is for sure but the thing is they are more profitable than anyone else so what are you gonna choose of course in that kind of thing gaining a lot of money in a short period of time always involve a lot of risk. That is how it works the more risky the business is the more money you are gonna make. So it depends on the people what kind of approach they are gonna do.

That is somewhat true, but banks are also risky since you can lose your funds if something unexpected happens in the long run. I think that cryptocurrencies are much safer if you follow the right rules to secure your funds. There are many ways to protect yourself against hackers, from using hardware wallets to storing your crypto funds in a cold storage wallet with keys that had been generated offline.

If you're tech savvy enough to do it, then I think that there's no hacker that would be capable of getting access to your funds ever. I always use a cold storage wallet that has been generated offline along with the use of a strong passphrase, which has resulted in the good safety of my funds. But, newcomers into crypto land would experience constant hacks or theft probably because of lack of education in the crypto space. Wink
It is our own responsibility to keep our investment safe from being hack, as you said it is not good to trust and open any website. Before we click on something try to search about its history and then try it, using wallets makes our bitcoin safer and we can hold it as long as want without any fear of hacking because crypto currency has a lot of wallets which saves and preserve our crypto currency investment for long time.
seniorita

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Bitcoin it self is safety, but the thing you should pay attention is your own wallet, private key is the important things you should protect, it's better to save your private key offline not online.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:39:02 PM

A cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin is safer than imagined, and it is a cryptocurrency exchange that encounters security concerns.
Because of the large amount of money traded, no matter how the firewalls are supervised, many hackers have been studying how to attack the exchange for profit!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
kenlyresuello08

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:36:07 PM

We can't say the its a 100% safe we don't what hackers can do. Be careful.
7Dyoknga5

Activity: 210

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:47:16 PM

As an individual, I would say to just be responsible with the sites you give information to. We are responsible for our own security. The most easiest way for hackers is from phishing sites, so be aware of the addresses and fraudulent emails.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yaminat

Activity: 537
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

I think hackers can do anything! But while I do not have hundreds of thousands of dollars in my wallet, I can still be calm!

andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:17:21 PM

I think hackers can do anything! But while I do not have hundreds of thousands of dollars in my wallet, I can still be calm!
but you must remain cautious, however many assets we have, must be maintained. therefore do not ever follow suspicious links, usually sent via email. so i think your wallet will be safe

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:47:25 PM

Hackers can't just open your account or your computer without you letting them in. If you donwloaded suspicious files for sure they have might get in your account or computer. Bitcoin is safe from hacking because if it is not then the value would be now so deep down.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:30:35 PM

Hackers is everywhere. As long as you work on the internet, hackers might get into it. So you should be careful on every click or type that you are going to made.
kenlyresuello08

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:40:47 PM

These exchange hacks always makes me suspicious. Most of them looks like inside jobs. Because it is not possible for the hackers to crack through multiple levels of authentication, unless they have support from someone who is familiar with the system.
so your saying that the hacker was one of the staff of one company?
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:46:26 PM

Bitcoin itself is secure, but the problem is their user itself, i bet they not secure their own wallet that's why get hacked. It's like when bank get robbed, i don't think you can blame dollar in this case, the problem is bank securities, that's all.
pao25

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:14:18 PM

I use my personal computer only when I enter trusted sites to increase the security of my accounts. and my flash memory is protected by long passwords.
Dodongbtc111

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:24:11 PM

Before we joined cryptocurrency we already how risky this investment is. The system is operated with computers and uses internet the this is the easiest target for hackers. That is why we need to expect that any security breached to occur.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

These exchange hacks always makes me suspicious. Most of them looks like inside jobs. Because it is not possible for the hackers to crack through multiple levels of authentication, unless they have support from someone who is familiar with the system.
so your saying that the hacker was one of the staff of one company?

May be people familiar with the employees in that company. I do not think corporate employees are a hacker, they can not self-destruct their jobs and go to jail. An employee of the company and going to hacked that company, sounds unreasonable at all

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
semimall

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:53:18 PM

these hackers are the headaches of the technology world. but in very simple ways we can get rid of them. especially privacy must be the basic principle. no one other than you should have even the slightest knowledge about you.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Hacked can take advantage of your smallest errors to gain access and take control.
Cryptocurrency is not safe if you do not know how to protect yourself.
Absolutely keep your computer clean and free of strange software from the outside.
And secure your email from the security measures available in email

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:14:13 PM

I think the moment we immersed ourselves into the cyber world, we aren't private anymore. It means that our identity is gradually revealing as we are consciously and/or unconsciously sharing a glimpse of our life and personal information to the cyber world. Everything that lies before this world isn't safe anymore including cryptocurrency. It is always vulnerable and prone to risk and hazard. Wecannot avoid not stop these hackers especially now that they are increasing in population and versatility of skills. However, we can still increase our capacity when it come to cryptocurrency protection. And of course, the best way to avoid the dilemma is to keep ourselves educated, aware, and vigilant. We should always think what we are doing and entering.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
diger

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:11:16 PM

Now they're forcing the exchange of currencies and the withdrawal from there bitcoin and altcoins. Why?  Because bitcoin is an anonymous currency that is not managed by anyone and is fully decentralized. On the one hand it is good, and on the other it is our weakness before hackers. Hackers will not be able to find, after stealing bitcoins from the exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: