Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:43:08 PM

It is true that there are hackers everywhere but you can keep your cryptocurrencies safe by keeping them in a reputable wallets and making sure that you don't leave your cryptocurrencies on exchanges because those exchanges may be vulnerable to attack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:09:47 PM

Yes we have hackers all around buy the truth is that people will need to be educated on the safety precautions of their wallets and they will be fine.Hackers can only take advantage of those who are innocent about their activities. People really need a lot of education about cryptocurrency in general because the fear of hackers are all the reasons some people fear to invest.
@oweljayr

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:48:02 PM

We are now in very much advanced digital age.  The technology that has been enhanced through time and being taught to schools and universities.  Some people even at early age who has the brain of an adult genius sometimes tends to become super genius but only to use it in some illegal activities such as hacking.  Why would you suffer from working in a prestige company but the take home pay may not be sufficient, when you can be rich by doing the thing you mastered the most?  This could be the possibility why there are hackers everywhere, around the world.  It all started I guess from making viruses for the computers, to disable soft wares and programs.  Then interfering the access of private accounts of classified information up to cracking the codes and pins of monetary accounts to steal from small to big amount of money.  What ever we do, what ever science or technology brings us, how ever every country's government does, these hackers will stay and would stay forever doing what they do best and that is hacking.
danice15

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:11:46 AM

Well, when it comes to money. We really can't avoid this kind of stuff. Scammers, Hackers, Fraudster and so on. Specially in cryptocurrency wherein we're in our personal information is hidden. We're anonymous. So getting tricked is so easy. Doing this kind of bad things is easy because no one knows our information. So i really do suggest just be more careful when it comes to your private keys. Make sure that it is hidden where no one can access it and also dont trust anyone unless you really pretty know that person your speaking with.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:24:35 AM

Hackers are everywhere  much more in fiat than crypto. If we take care of security base than crypto is much more safe than fiat
Blockchain can improve security a lot
Any data can be encrypted in blockchain if they are used we will know that
There are already project like that i really don't know why that technology has been not implanted by big players
I firmly agree with you. There are a lot of hackers and spmers in the fiat currencies rather than the cryptos. I was been ripped of by an scammer much easily in fiat and also i was not able to recover that loss.
Blockchain technology gives us the ease and security of transactions along with its benefits of non-traceble. Blockchain technology always goes great but it has some kind of drawbacks.

If we loose or leak our personal credentials like public key, private key, etc than our funds can be unsafe and it could cause us to loose our money. There have been a number if solutions indeed for this situation like hardware wallet, cloud storage, etc and a person who is deeply related to the cryptocurrencies and have knowledge of each such possible thing than he could indeed be much more safe.
CharlieArtist

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:45:00 AM

a solution that i want to share is try the cold wallet, a cold wallet is an offline storage device that can only be accessed physically. a hot wallet, on the other hand, is stored online and can be accessed through the internet. The advantage of a cold wallet over a hot wallet is that the latter is not accessible online and is therefore not prone to hacking.
XiXiMios

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:22:09 AM

You can keep your coins into exchanges but don't do it for a long time because there are no guarantee that the exchanges still alive and running for a long time. so no matter what you will do, make sure that your account in every exchange is safe by activating 2fa, email verification for withdrawing and deposits, or if necessary, you can activate SMS verification and email verification too.
James_H

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:57:22 AM

What I see, Bitcoin and Altcoin is safe, I don't think anyone can hack a cryptocurrency technology system and so far, there have been no cases of cryptocurrency being hacked. Those who are vulnerable to hacking are our exchanges and wallets. actually, it's not difficult to avoid this, the way is how you are responsible for maintaining your virtual assets and your wallet. One easy way that can be used is to limit each form of money in a certain amount. do not store eggs in one basket, so if bad things happen then we don't suffer too much .
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:30:44 PM

Hackers are everywhere  much more in fiat than crypto. If we take care of security base than crypto is much more safe than fiat
Blockchain can improve security a lot
Any data can be encrypted in blockchain if they are used we will know that
There are already project like that i really don't know why that technology has been not implanted by big players

True. Cryptocurrencies are safe as you want them to be. If we compare them against fiat, then cryptocurrencies they're a lot safer, and flexible than traditional currencies we've been accustomed to for a very long time. For the average person, it's recommended that you make your own research on how to properly secure your cryptocurrency funds against hacks or theft. Keeping yourself updated with the latest practices to secure your crypto funds, will make it nearly impossible for a hacker to successfully gain access to your money.

There are many ways you can do this from using a cold storage wallet with keys that had been generated offline, to using hardware wallets for all your transactions, and more. If you stick to this, then cryptocurrencies would be all you need to secure your money for a very long time. But be aware, that if hackers know that you're a cryptocurrency user or enthusiast, they'll do whatever they can to try to get access to your hard-earned money. It's important to know this, to stay away from any possible threats or gimmicks created by hackers to fool you or it will cost you dearly. Cheesy

Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Well I think if you are aware of it you must have to be more careful, stop the easy go lucky attitude in his platform, cause hackers nowadays were very genius when it comes to technology, and if you are a vig fish they will o anything to catch you, be observant on the ads or links that was being send to you, dont be so easy when it comes to investing and giving personal info.
Yes, sometimes hackers also work behind a system screen, making users trust hackers, by providing multiple sites that can guarantee victims, but all depend on users, users must have sharp research so as not to fall into the hands of hackers.
evergreendog

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:53:07 PM

It's not just cryptocurrency, hackers and scammers steal identities,  bank information, and other personal details.    don't spread fud about cryptocurrency.
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:29:39 PM

I'm also convinced that the cryptocurrency is more protected from hacker attacks than the fiat currency. But one of the main problems of protection is the human factor. You need to be very careful and circumspect with the letters that come to you via email. Don't navigate through unknown links, carefully check the addresses of web sites. All this basically affects the leakage of your funds from your crypto wallets.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:01:49 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Well I think if you are aware of it you must have to be more careful, stop the easy go lucky attitude in his platform, cause hackers nowadays were very genius when it comes to technology, and if you are a vig fish they will o anything to catch you, be observant on the ads or links that was being send to you, dont be so easy when it comes to investing and giving personal info.
Yes, sometimes hackers also work behind a system screen, making users trust hackers, by providing multiple sites that can guarantee victims, but all depend on users, users must have sharp research so as not to fall into the hands of hackers.

Well if you think about it, nothing is really safe from hackers and that goes beyond crypto especially diligent ones. I really think wallets in general are safe unless you get careless with it so you need to secure your coins in one and take care of your private information.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:23:57 PM

What we need to do here is very simple. Be very careful when logging in, especially when you are a member of sites you do not know. I do not think you will suffer too much unless you share your passwords with the sites and people you do not know.
Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:35:04 PM

The fact that cryptocurrency is computer base and involve billions of money then I am sure that those skilled will surely target the cryptocurrency this is why the assurance of your wallet safety is quite low regarding security.
Gleoth

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:44:39 PM

I did got informed of a very close colleague that got his ethereum wallet hacked. I do know the guy to be a very careful person and the thought of having him hacked means I don't know how secured/safe mine is and with some of my other friends who have only just started gathering some altcoins. I feel cryptocurrency so still safe to some extent till extra measures are being taken to safeguard people's wallets.
Joannafarrell

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:15:56 AM

Altcoin and bitcoin are very safe to use. an insecure one is an exchange site. bitcoin uses a blockchain system with a high level of security. You can see, many hackers are trying to break into the exchange site. not blockchain. that means blockchain is very safe to keep your bitcoin. and don't save your bitcoin on the exchange site.
Rsamunios

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:22:54 AM

Hackers can only take advantage of those who are innocent about their activities. People really need a lot of education about cryptocurrency in general because the fear of hackers are all the reasons some people fear to invest.
Jateng

Activity: 1258
Merit: 144

Think Different

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:42:03 PM

I missed this news but it is alarming. Yes, it is huge loss but they are reall professional coz after all they are still willing to give back into their investors. $400 million ? I do not really want my money or big amount of money to be saved for a long time in online wallet or exchangers. It will be very attractive to hackers. Like example amount inside our MEW can be publicly viewed un etherscan, so as much as possible I am withdrawing it immediately. There are no safe in online.

Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:18:02 PM

Hackers - this is a very big problem for those who are engaged in crypto currency. And the further, the more this problem will increase, because they kidnap very large sums of money. In terms of security for an ordinary citizen, banks are still more reliable. To know how to protect yourself in the crypto currency, you need to understand this well. In addition, sometimes life conditions are such that not everyone can take the necessary security measures. Right now, for example, for over a week someone has been trying to hack into my email account. I receive a message every half hour about a failure in registration and that the entrance to my e-mail address has not been executed. I still can not change it, because it is very much tied and it's all in the work. I hope that the password there is such that it will not be hacked, although I'm not sure about it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: