Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:31:49 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

These exchange hacks always makes me suspicious. Most of them looks like inside jobs. Because it is not possible for the hackers to crack through multiple levels of authentication, unless they have support from someone who is familiar with the system.
Yes due to the unsupported systems many hackers can crack those system especially when they have someone who is familiar with the system itself. But I think for you to avoid those hackers be careful of what wallet you are trying to enter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:49:36 PM

Hackers are everywhere in the internet and not just in crypto. Your funds are secure so far as you follow the major security guidelines given by the website or portal you save your coins. Strong passwords, 2FA authentication to name a few are some of the security measures you shouldn't play wiith. You should also be very careful the kind of people you work with on crypto. Crypto is not regulated in many countries and so it's very risky to invest anyhow.

Foxgtx

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:35:08 AM

This is a very big problem for those who are engaged in crypto currency. And the further, the more this problem will increase, because they kidnap very large sums of money.
Scammers and hackers are one of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are extremely risky investment. Before we put our money, we should have a lot of knowledge about what is happening for us to secure our profits. Hackers are everywhere, they know how valuable digital money are that is why they are doing their best to hack accounts and stole others coins.
acathepsin

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:22:51 PM

There have been widely publicized frauds, scams, and hacks which have plagued individual investors and even major cryptocurrency exchanges in their short history. Part of the issue is simply that the technology and the space itself are new. While this makes cryptocurrencies like bitcoin incredibly exciting--and potentially very profitable--investments, it also means that there are those looking to capitalize on security holes before they are corrected. All bitcoin investors are advised to take proper precautions in order to best protect their holdings.
kominfo.id

Activity: 106

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:39:18 PM

You really have a lot of hackers trying to take the cryptocurrency that you have, you should be able to provide security for your wallet so it won't be stolen.
denuhaqiqi

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:26:43 PM

The bigger a Blockchain network, the higher the level of security. there are two types of Blockchain known, namely Public and Private. Bitcoin Public and Blockchain also have differences in how transactions are verified. Bitcoin is an example of a Public Blockchain. But in terms of security, Public Blockchain has high security because network nodes have been created globally, and consensus is carried out by millions of nodes from all parts of the world. Whereas the Personal Blockchain only has very limited nodes, and this allows hacking.
If you look at the creation and management of the Blockchain Ledger, you can be sure that the network is impossible to hack. However, there are still security risks that arise from third parties such as Wallet Vulnerability, Cyber ​​Attacks on exchanges (DDoS), Fraud in Mining, Double Expenditures. For this reason, we must be careful to maintain security through storing addresses and private keys offline, or on a separate computer that is not connected to the internet network.
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:59:50 PM

Knowing how fast GPU's and brute force attacks are evolving and the duration or length at either end of the transmission  has become so variable I will make sure to send him a nasty email if he is wrong and based on Campbell Harvey's assertion regarding the deep one way encryption providing an almost unhackable method of moving money I may consider buying a Bitcoin or two.
narukami

Activity: 375
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:02:35 AM

How safe is it to have an account in any other bank? Nobody knows, and when you're using your on-line account in your bank it can be hacked as well.
Precautions are the same with bitcoin: do not give anyone your personal details.
Cryptocurrency  is a open for all, it depends to the user of how safe it is, there are hackers everywhere, added the false information that can fool people. You should be aware and prevent the unprotected site you should think before you click. Bitcoin is powerful it can change the impact to world so be wise.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
alonelyorange

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:49:03 AM

Many hecker always looking for to access wallet with high volume asset, you can secure and safe your wallet by always be careful with everything you access, maybe you can check correct link before you open your website and check more detail.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:49:57 AM

How safe is it to have an account in any other bank? Nobody knows, and when you're using your on-line account in your bank it can be hacked as well.
Precautions are the same with bitcoin: do not give anyone your personal details.
Cryptocurrency  is a open for all, it depends to the user of how safe it is, there are hackers everywhere, added the false information that can fool people. You should be aware and prevent the unprotected site you should think before you click. Bitcoin is powerful it can change the impact to world so be wise.
All assets or valuable things has always have risk that can be steal even fiat are no escape of that and much more on crypto currency that all are connected by network and if we don't take extra care on our network activity then possibly hacker can infeltrate and steal all our valuable things, so to avoid this situation we must have to avoid as much as we can from phishing site and secure our passworda and any key link to our asset. So the safety of our assets begins with us.

geberger

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:13:50 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

The fact that cryptocurrency is computer base and involve billions of money then I am sure that those skilled will surely target the cryptocurrency this is why the assurance of your wallet safety is quite low regarding security.
I think that's the reason why bitcoin and cryptocurrency called risky.But i have strong believe in block chain security i think no one can break it. I fell comfortable with this security.
Howits

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:02:46 AM

The fact that cryptocurrency is computer base and involve billions of money then I am sure that those skilled will surely target the cryptocurrency this is why the assurance of your wallet safety is quite low regarding security.
You're right hackers are everywhere but that's not matter what they do they can't break the strong security of block chain. I've not hear any news yet about hacking block chain where nice-hash got scammed last year.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:24:40 AM

I think using fission wallets is a preventive step from hacking hackers, this is safer because physical wallets are rarely connected to the internet network so the risk of hacking is less
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:03:56 AM

The internet is another unsafe world just like the world we live in now. One is responsible for their own safety so do not expect someone to make the internet safe. Follow simple rules and you will be alright. Your crypto will be safe because there are thieves around us but we do manage to protect our precious items from being reached by those thieves.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:02:15 AM

not 100 percent safe of course. but you can reduce possibility of being hacked. it wont be zero but it will be very low. use a brand new computer for cryptocurrency things. dont connect to any public lan with this computer. and use hardware wallets for storing bitcoin or altcoins.
Servantes

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:12:48 AM

It is just as dangerous, as much not careful we are IMO. It is our responsibility to protect out private keys, or buy a hardwer wallet, and than probably we will be fine.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
summersky2126

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:33:52 AM

With bitcoin and crypto becoming valuable, keeping your bitcoin safe is vital. There are even more hackers out there looking to steal bitcoins.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

We can not say that your cryptocurrency is one hundred percent safe, but according to the wallet provider, they have given the exact precautions on how to make safety of your wallet,especially of the hackers everywhere, you as wallet holder is the one who have full responsibility of your ,private keys that open your wallet account so ,make the neccessary safety and precautions to guard your wallet from hackers.
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:02:24 PM

You cannot control exchanges in any way, so there is nothing that can be done about hack attacks on them.
The solution to this problem could be refraining from storing huge amounts of coins on exchanges (though I know it is not always possible and coins have to be there for at least several days).

RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:06:43 PM

I think using fission wallets is a preventive step from hacking hackers, this is safer because physical wallets are rarely connected to the internet network so the risk of hacking is less
surely because it will be difficult to steal hackers and what is called a physical wallet.
and if in the internet world it is certainly very unsafe but it can be safe depending on how we run it and secure it too

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: