Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
andrey1267p

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:08:31 PM

A solid amount.  In order not to lose money you need to keep them in your purse.  A private key should be kept on a portable storage medium!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

With this thread you got one leason learned 1. NEVER STORE YOUR MONEY INTO A EXCHANGE. Cryptocurrency its really safe if you learned how to use it. use your personal wallet if can buying some Ledger Wallet for store your crypto.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cintamoni

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:00:43 AM

I think using fission wallets is a preventive step from hacking hackers, this is safer because physical wallets are rarely connected to the internet network so the risk of hacking is less
Nothing is safe on Internet's world. Anything you're watching can be take down and can be vanished. Hackers to anything whenever they want.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:09:39 AM

With this thread you got one leason learned 1. NEVER STORE YOUR MONEY INTO A EXCHANGE. Cryptocurrency its really safe if you learned how to use it. use your personal wallet if can buying some Ledger Wallet for store your crypto.
I agree, you could only put your token or coin in a exchanges once you want to trade, to prevent from being hacked again by those master hackers. And you make it sure that you're using hard wallet like what you had mentioned because when you just using Mew wallet it will easily being hackeed, even you keep your private key. In safe because new is just soft wallet which is less security.
Rejevunator

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:23:39 AM

I think using fission wallets is a preventive step from hacking hackers, this is safer because physical wallets are rarely connected to the internet network so the risk of hacking is less
We should aware crypto currencies are also belongs to Internet's world and mostly we call it internet currency.
Mespirst

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:24:47 AM

The internet is another unsafe world just like the world we live in now. One is responsible for their own safety so do not expect someone to make the internet safe. Follow simple rules and you will be alright. Your crypto will be safe because there are thieves around us but we do manage to protect our precious items from being reached by those thieves.
So i have doubt crypto currencies isn't safe from hackers hands. Our wallet can be cracked at any time without any warn.
PitbullP

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:38:59 AM

Not any cryptocurrency is completely safe. I think the only solution is you must protect yourself
Conthongon234

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:54:16 AM

I think any system has holes and from the holes it is a chance for the hacker they can attack the holes. From there they will take all the information as well as the amount that you have or your data.
rickyharun

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:04:39 AM

ledger wallet could be a solution for us facing hackers attack now days.much wallet hacked in exchanges and their user and token holder harmed with this accident.
vasilev456

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

Most likely, hackers will always achieve their goals, because each new defense requires only a non-standard approach to hacking!
kavishka

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:06:14 AM

i think its not posible
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:50:19 PM

You cannot control exchanges in any way, so there is nothing that can be done about hack attacks on them.
The solution to this problem could be refraining from storing huge amounts of coins on exchanges (though I know it is not always possible and coins have to be there for at least several days).

I concur. Leaving a very small amount of coins in an exchange, would protect you from losing it all in the case of a hack. But, if you're looking to trade large amounts of cryptocurrency within various days, then it's not the most feasible option. I think that you'd be safe doing your trades in a decentralized exchange as it's much safer than centralized counterparts. A decentralized exchange doesn't rely on a central operator, company, or individual, and it's distributed across many computers around the world.

For a hacker to penetrate a decentralized exchange, it'll take a lot of hard work and effort just like hacking a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. My preferred choice is Bitshares as a decentralized exchange for most of my crypto trades and it's extremely secure, fast, and dirt cheap. It's a client-side system as your keys are never stored in the DEX. Only you have access to the private key to safely store your crypto assets or trade them without the fear of hacks, censorship or downtime.

In the case of using a cryptocurrency for your daily transactions, I'd recommend that you use a hardware wallet as it's the safest option available now. The Ledger Nano S supports most cryptocurrencies, but there are other options that are quite handy too. My personal favorite is the CoolWallet S hardware wallet as it's very slim in a size of a credit card, and it easily fits into your physical wallet. It supports many popular cryptocurrencies, but not all of them. Hence, if you're looking for a hardware wallet that would allow you to safely store or send most cryptocurrencies, then the Ledger Nano S would be your best bet. But if you're looking for convenience and extreme portability (with the downside that not many cryptocurrencies are supported) then the CoolWallet S would be ideal for you.

All in all, cryptocurrencies will as safe as you want them to be. Following the best practices to secure your private keys would be crucial towards protecting your funds from being hacked by anyone. Wink

Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

I agree, you could only put your token or coin in a exchanges once you want to trade, to prevent from being hacked again by those master hackers. And you make it sure that you're using hard wallet like what you had mentioned because when you just using Mew wallet it will easily being hackeed, even you keep your private key. In safe because new is just soft wallet which is less security.

Crypto currency is not yet safe, your security will be depends on you, on how you secure your private key. On how you secure your coin. And don't be easily believe to those people who just contact you in social media.
lendahawkins

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

Crypto currency is not yet safe, your security will be depends on you, on how you secure your private key. On how you secure your coin. And don't be easily believe to those people who just contact you in social media.
yes indeed its the risk of investing in cryptocurrency, just learn about the basic things to secure private key would really help you and also right now there is a blockchain antivirus that might be good to protect our PC , its called romad, take a look i believe you would love it.

trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:37:05 PM

Cryptocurrency is a reliable place, but all companies have vulnerabilities that can find hackers and hack the system, no matter where you will store the cryptocurrency, there is always a risk of losing everything, because hackers constantly improve their hacking skills, but the protection of the cryptocurrency also does not stand on one place.
peter_coin

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 06:25:13 PM

Cryptocurrency is as safe as how the exchange that trades it takes security serious. Many exchanges have been hacked in the past and this is because of lapses on the part of exchange development team. When it comes to virtual currency or cryptocurrency it is best to take security very seriously as any slip up can result in major loses. But I don't think because a few exchanges have been hacked in the past it means that cryptocurrency isn't safe, it is.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:40:09 PM

Cryptocurrency is a reliable place, but all companies have vulnerabilities that can find hackers and hack the system, no matter where you will store the cryptocurrency, there is always a risk of losing everything, because hackers constantly improve their hacking skills, but the protection of the cryptocurrency also does not stand on one place.
It's really depends on the security that everyone places on their accounts that prevents hackers fro, gaining access and stealing their bitcoins. There was a circumstance when a hacker got access to my paxful account but because I was using two factor authentication before I send out Bitcoins they couldn't steal my bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:28:24 PM

No doubt, in the internet world everything can be hacked and until the programs are updated, the hackers are updated as well.
Caution is the best protection method. Even you should hide private key from yourself and usage offline wallet becomes your benefit.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:49:43 PM

For me crypto is absolutely safe, if you do things in a right way - no one would be able to steal your money, it is extremely difficult to perform, nearly impossible.

Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Hacking no doubt is the greatest security challenge in cryptocurrency which has kept so many possible investors away from the system. I think the blockchain developers should come together to see how the system security can be improved as everything takes place on the blockchain.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: